Another possible Sam sighting

Old November 18th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default Another possible Sam sighting

still sending our those GYFBH purrs, and adding some 'stay warm' purrs
since I know it's getting coldl there

--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old November 18th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Dan M wrote:
Just got a call from a farmer outside of town. He's sighted a cat that
sounds like Sam. His description sounds very hopeful - he even got
Sam's nose and paw coloring right. I went by to look but sign of
kitty; the farmer will call me as soon as he sees Sammy again. It's a
ways out of town, so Sammy wouldn't have gotten there without help,
but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dan

Fingers crossed and good luck purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 18th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:28:22 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

I once semi-kidnapping my voice teacher's Siamese, because he enjoyed
investigating cars with open windows! He began "talking" to me from
under the front seat when I was half-way home, so I turned around and
returned him - but not everyone is that considerate. (In fact, that
probably was how they acquired him - he simply appeared on their
doorstep, one day and decided to adopt them.) I made sure my car
windows were closed when I went for my voice-lessons after that - I
lived quite a few miles from my teacher.

I suspect that may well be how I got Princess - and of course Furby.
Princess suddenly appeared at the pizza place where I worked. Several
people started telling me that a cat was in my truck, since I always
left the windows open. Finally I just scooped her up and took her
home.
Old November 18th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Dan M" wrote in message
Since the location is a ways out of town -- and the cat could
easily
disappear again before you can get there -- why not set up a
Hav-A-Hart
trap and check it every day? If possible, the farmer could also
check
it periodically throughout the day. (I don't know what the
temperature
is there, so this suggestions would need to be modified if it is
too
cold.)

Good luck!

MaryL

I had considered that but the winter cold has started. Today's the
warmest day we've had for a while - it should be getting up to 36.
If the
farmer does call me when the cat shows up I ought to be able to get
there
before he disappears. If it is Sam and he's not willing to come to
me
I'll use the same technique I did the first time I trapped him - set
the
trap, park close enough that I can see the trap, and just wait until
he
walks into it.

I'd set up a dry food feeding station close to where he was seen. I
realize the other critters will get into it, but it might keep Sam in
the area if it is him.

That's what we did in Alaska when Sam went camping on his own. When
we caught up with him, he had adopted a weasel.

Jo

Old November 19th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On 18 Nov 2008 18:29:54 GMT, Dan M wrote:

Just got a call from a farmer outside of town. He's sighted a cat that
sounds like Sam. His description sounds very hopeful - he even got Sam's
nose and paw coloring right. I went by to look but sign of kitty; the
farmer will call me as soon as he sees Sammy again. It's a ways out of
town, so Sammy wouldn't have gotten there without help, but I'm keeping
my fingers crossed.

Dan

Sammy may have walked and run the whole distance, because he is lost and
scared

Still, I surely hope the cat in question really IS Sammy

That would be just wonderful.

Have you thought of putting some food out near where he was sighted, to
help keep him in the area?

The farmer must be a good man, since he knew Sammy's description, and he
called you when he saw him.

I would think he wouldn't mind if you put some food out.

Probably the wild animals would get most of it, but at this point, I
would try just about anything to help find Sammy.

All I can do is send purrs for poor lost Sammy

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 19th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Nov 18, 1:29�pm, Dan M wrote:
Just got a call from a farmer outside of town. He's sighted a cat that
sounds like Sam. His description sounds very hopeful - he even got Sam's
nose and paw coloring right. I went by to look but sign of kitty; the
farmer will call me as soon as he sees Sammy again. It's a ways out of
town, so Sammy wouldn't have gotten there without help, but I'm keeping
my fingers crossed.

Dan

Spicey purrs continue for Sammy's return.

Suz&Spicey
Old November 19th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Sammy may have walked and run the whole distance, because he is lost and
scared

Still, I surely hope the cat in question really IS Sammy

That would be just wonderful.

Have you thought of putting some food out near where he was sighted, to
help keep him in the area?

Fortunately the man and his wife both love animals so they're already
putting food out. That's probably why he keeps coming back.

I ran out there a couple times yesterday without seeing him, but the
farmer said he'd call me the next time the cat shows up. He usually shows
up around 10:00 AM (a couple hours from now), so I'm planning to be in
the area regardless of whether I get a call.
Old November 19th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Dan M" wrote in message
Sammy may have walked and run the whole distance, because he is
lost and
scared

Still, I surely hope the cat in question really IS Sammy

That would be just wonderful.

Have you thought of putting some food out near where he was
sighted, to
help keep him in the area?

Fortunately the man and his wife both love animals so they're
already
putting food out. That's probably why he keeps coming back.

I ran out there a couple times yesterday without seeing him, but the
farmer said he'd call me the next time the cat shows up. He usually
shows
up around 10:00 AM (a couple hours from now), so I'm planning to be
in
the area regardless of whether I get a call.

Sam has experience at looking after himself doesn't he? It is
entirely possible that when he got away from home, looking for new
shelter was just what came naturally to him. And I can see someone
thinking they were rescuing him by taking him in. Or even relocating
him away from town.

I'm just trying to rationalize you looking in the right place for him.
I sure hope you are.

Jo

Old November 19th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Sam has experience at looking after himself doesn't he? It is entirely
possible that when he got away from home, looking for new shelter was
just what came naturally to him. And I can see someone thinking they
were rescuing him by taking him in. Or even relocating him away from
town.

I'm just trying to rationalize you looking in the right place for him. I
sure hope you are.

I hope so too! Unfortunately the kitty reported to me wasn't Sam (info
posted above). The orange kitty in question has now been adopted, though.
The farmer and his wife will give him an excellent home.

Sammy doesn't really have survival experience. He was dumped at just a
few weeks of age, and lived under a hedge with several people feeding him
for about a week. That's about the extent of his experience with
"roughing it".

I'm thinking that he has been taken in by someone. That's why I'm posting
photo flyers all over town.
Old November 19th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Dan M wrote:
[...]

We shall keep on purring that Sammy will be located. Best wishes. MLB