OT A marine nicknamed kitty cat

Old April 25th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT A marine nicknamed kitty cat

This is off topic but it caught my eye It is about the death of a marine and
the last wishes of his wife. This is in no way an opinion on the war or
done to bring about solicitation of opinions on or about the war. It is
about the people around a marine nicknamed kitty cat .
http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/...heyjamesj.html

Here are two pictures that were awarded first and second place at the
picture of the year international this year. Very very touching photos
IMO.

First Place

Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport, Marines
climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his
casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac. During the
arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International
Airport, Major Steve Beck described the scene as one of the most powerful
in the process: "See the people in the windows? They'll sit right there in
the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through
their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home," he
said. "They're going to remember being on that plane for the rest of their
lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they
should."
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=wc083s

Second Place
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey
refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last
time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag.
Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs
that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them
to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice
if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have

http://i3.tinypic.com/wc0bk0.jpg

Purrs, hugs and prayers for the fallen ones YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FORGOTTEN
Thank you and we will never forget your sacrifice

Sorry if this offends anyone but I saw it and I thought it need to be
shared

Matthew