Out of the closet

Old July 29th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Default Out of the closet

Nothing wrong with gaming or fan stuff. Louie and I like Doctor Who. But we also
like our house and electricity and food for us and for five cats. Game all you
want but keep the priorities in mind, for Godsake! Even fellow gamers of
Richard's now want to kick his tuchus sideways over this business.

Blessed be,
Baha

Lesley wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Oh fer cryin' out loud! Gaming... good lord, I was "sort of" into dungeons
and dragons when I was in my 20's but I didn't let it overtake my life to
the point of forgetting my pets.

I got into it in my 30's and am still well and truly into it. And yes,
I am a completist for certain game lines and have tons of books etc etc

But the Furballs come first....I know the pecking order in our
household, from top to bottom, Sarrasine, Redunzel, Dave...Me

Lesley

Old July 29th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Our Fritzie could not stand Queen. I don't know if there was something in Freddie
Mercury's voice or what, but if I put on anything but the Royal Philharmonic's
Queen Tribute, he would yowl and gripe so loudly that after a while I gave up. He
was a classical music fan.

Stosh likes alternative: Barenaked Ladies, Tragically Hip, GooGoo Dolls, etc.
Roxie likes adult contemporary pop.
Brandy likes Gershwin and orchestral pops.
Odessa likes any music usually associated with cannabis, I mean catnip.
And if Sabrina keeps up with the Beatles stuff, she may soon be hitting the nip
with some crazy thing that John and Yoko did while rolling around in bed in front
of journalists.

Blessed be,
Baha

Helen Miles wrote:

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net

I'm glad that Sabrina is settling in, though you may never get your wool
back. My cats agree with her about The Beatles and The Monkees. They have
a lot of preferences that make me laugh.

Pam S.////

Thomasina my grans cat *HATES* Abba with a passion. I had to drive her
somewhere once, and normally she's a very good & quiet traveller. An
Abba song came on the radio and she cried and howled in protest until I
switched the radio off - at which point she settled down and went back
to sleep.

HeLen M

Old July 30th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Singh" wrote in message
Nothing wrong with gaming or fan stuff. Louie and I like Doctor Who. But
we also
like our house and electricity and food for us and for five cats. Game all
you
want but keep the priorities in mind, for Godsake! Even fellow gamers of
Richard's now want to kick his tuchus sideways over this business.

Blessed be,
Baha

Good. I haven't met gamers yet, that would treat an animal, especially a
cat, in such a manner. In our house cats are considered "acts of G*d" and
it's against the rules to remove them from the gaming area. The cats love
to be part of the game and a couple of them act like they'd like to roll up
characters and join in the fun. Merlin, QC, and Qui Gun Kit are especially
interested in getting their paws into D & D, while Huey just wants to be
petted, admired, and steal the dice.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

tanada wrote:

Good. I haven't met gamers yet, that would treat an animal, especially a
cat, in such a manner. In our house cats are considered "acts of G*d" and
it's against the rules to remove them from the gaming area. The cats love
to be part of the game and a couple of them act like they'd like to roll up
characters and join in the fun. Merlin, QC, and Qui Gun Kit are especially
interested in getting their paws into D & D, while Huey just wants to be
petted, admired, and steal the dice.

I tried D&D when I was still dating "The Prophet," eons and eons ago, and gave
it up just because of the dice: Fritzie wanted to make toys of them and was
always batting them off the table. Similar for the twenty minutes or so I tried
to get into Magic cards. Fritzie liked to sprawl across any cards I lay out,
whether Magic or solitaire or Tarot.

I have a friend who used to like me doing cards for her because Fritzie had an
unusual talent for picking a card of certain relevance for her. I'd lay them out
in the traditional Celtic Cross pattern, and Fritzie often would lay his paw on
any given card, or swat ti out of the layout. My friend usually took this to
mean that the card and its meaning were of special significance.

Needless to say, with five in the house, I'm very careful with cards now!

Blessed be,
Baha

Pam S.

Old August 1st 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeff Mullen

Singh wrote:

tanada wrote:

[...]

For the record, "The Prophet" never really cared for D&D either.
He's played it once in his entire life and thought it was boring.

Been kept in the loop on the cat situation. Have advised Baha
against kicking the crap out of His Royal Painfulness on the
grounds that it won't make him stop. Getting his name around
to the shelters will. If we can do that, there's a fighting chance
that the scumbag will never abandon another cat as long as he
lives. THAT--keeping it from happening AGAIN--is the priority!

Jeff