Gone

Old November 21st 08, 03:30 AM posted to alt.support.shyness,alt.toys.transformers,rec.arts.anime.misc,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,sci.med
[email protected]

Default Gone

Gone
Old November 21st 08, 05:18 AM posted to alt.support.shyness,alt.toys.transformers,rec.arts.anime.misc,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,sci.med
MLB

wrote:
Gone

Promises, promises!
Old November 21st 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I keep wishing we had some of the "old time" cat stories.
I really miss those posters.

It'd be nice to hear more from Tak in particular - he hardly posts
at all any more.

We should have a lot of snow this weekend. The kittens (Ollie and
Courtney) have never really experienced it, there was virtually
none last winter. It's always fun watching what a kitten makes of
it for the first time. Splodge and Chloe (the fluffy ones) love it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old November 21st 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
I keep wishing we had some of the "old time" cat stories.
I really miss those posters.

It'd be nice to hear more from Tak in particular - he hardly posts
at all any more.

We should have a lot of snow this weekend. The kittens (Ollie and
Courtney) have never really experienced it, there was virtually
none last winter. It's always fun watching what a kitten makes of
it for the first time. Splodge and Chloe (the fluffy ones) love it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Yes! I remember the first time TuTu went out to see what all that white
stuff was. She was curious but did not linger.

I haven't seen any posts here lately from Karen Chuplis. And do you
remember reading Arthur Shapiro's posts about this cats?. I used to
re-read those. I am now going to see if I can read them again --
remember "WaterMelon Man?"

I also want to see the picture of Philo's "White Cat".

Thanks for the memories -- I guess they are not all "gone". Best
wishes. MLB
Old November 21st 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

MLB wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
MLB wrote:
wrote:
Gone

Promises, promises!

MLB, please don't feed the trolls. Especially not by cross-posting
replies. It only encourages them. School must have let out for the
Thanksgiving holidays. And Christmas will soon follow. Prepare to
PLONK a lot of idiots everyone!

Jill

How I wish I could! This news server does not have a delete button.

Um, so simply don't reply to them? I don't know what this post was about
but I know it was cross-posted all over the newgroup universe and that's
never a good sign. Even Outlook Express and Windows Mail lets you delete
cross postings even if it doesn't do it automatically.

Kitty Stories: Persia ventures out in the early evening. The CNA's from
Right At Home have been here at night and I'm usually on the sofa in the den
watching TV until around 10PM (EST). Persia apparently gets tired of
staying in *her* room, which is good. So she'll venture out, sneak a long
peek around the corner at the strange woman sitting in a chair in Mom's
room. I just have to laugh when she does this. I don't know what she
thinks they're going to do. She looks at me, looks at them, looks at me as
if to say "OMG, strangers are still in the house!" Yes, they are, Persia so
you may as well get used to it! Then she comes in and gets up next to me on
the sofa. But when it's time for me to go to bed she's leading the charge.
She's talking to me the entire time: "Yes, come on, let's go in the
bednroom. Shut the door! There's a strange person there! Hurry!"

Jill

Old November 21st 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

jmcquown wrote:
MLB wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
MLB wrote:
wrote:
[...]

FYI the original post was about nothing -- nothing at all, It simply said
gone" as had dozens before it and it was set up crossposted. I had
become tired of it and said "promises, promises:. I did not intend a
\the reply to becrossposted but I do not know enough about computers to
change that. My postings come through Thunderbird and I cannot delete
postings of other people. As I said, I want a new server, but don't
know enough about it to do it myself. If I did, I would find something
that was interesting and even fun -- are there any?
Old November 21st 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 21, 1:20*pm, MLB wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
MLB wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
MLB wrote:
wrote:
[...]

that was interesting and even fun -- are there any?- Hide quoted text -

The original post was the 'home made p0rn' guy. I think most of you
have him killfiled. I just skip him over. The one good thing about
Google, you see who the most recent respondent is, and can avoid it
that way.

"hesacop...." always deletes the links, and writes 'gone' as the
subject. Does Thunderbird allow killfile by subject line? Don't have
it, never have, but that would be an easy fix.
Old November 21st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

MLB kirjoitti:

FYI the original post was about nothing -- nothing at all, It simply said
gone" as had dozens before it and it was set up crossposted. I had
become tired of it and said "promises, promises:. I did not intend a
\the reply to becrossposted but I do not know enough about computers to
change that. My postings come through Thunderbird and I cannot delete
postings of other people. As I said, I want a new server, but don't
know enough about it to do it myself. If I did, I would find something
that was interesting and even fun -- are there any?

To delete other groups from crossposted messages in Thunderbird, you
simply delete the names of the irrelevant groups. You can see the names
of the groups up between the Sender's name (your own name / handle) and
the Subject line. When posting to just one group, there is just that one
group name, but if the message is going to wind up in other groups too,
there are all those groups listed, one under the other. Just click on
the irrelevant ones you want to delete, and delete them, like you would
when correcting text with the delete button or the backspace button.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com