"cat ear hacked off"

Old October 10th 03, 10:08 AM
Rebecca B

Default "cat ear hacked off"

Why do people do these horrible things to cats ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003470462,00.html

Old October 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Sherry

Better yet, why do you post them so that we have to see what we cannot
prevent?

At least header gave fair warning that it was a link I didn't want to click on,
so I didn't. I always appreciate that. It's not that I don't care, or bury my
head in the sand. It's just that I see so much of that IRL that I generally
don't want to read about it here.
OTOH, sometimes there are letter-writing campaigns to the DA along with abuse
stories and I do think maybe we *can* make a small difference in those
situations. I almost always take the time to write when those stories come up.

Sherry

Old October 10th 03, 02:59 PM
Mary

I guess. It's just that I come here to discuss cats with those who
love them. The mutilation cases are all over the news anyway. We can't
escape them if we try.

Old October 10th 03, 03:22 PM
MaryL

"Mary" wrote in message
m...
Better yet, why do you post them so that we have to see what we cannot
prevent?

Well, the link did show the general area where this occurred -- so that
could be a warning to others in the area to be on the alert. In addition,
it does add to information about risks that outdoor cats may face.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)