I, for one, ain't leaving!

Old September 2nd 05, 07:06 PM
Jane

because otherwise I'll be giving these idiots a reason to send each other
virtual high-fives. Oh, no. I'm even going to get some recipes to throw at
them, and they'll be sorry, because most people don't like curry powder by
the cupful like I do.

I do I do!! Send your recipes to me!!! *yum*

My cats are better than some people out there, and I'll keep on saying it
until there is no more breath behind my speech. And too bad if there are
some jerkoffs who don't like it. I'm making my evil laugh now. You're stuck
with me.

I used to say that the only man in my life had 4 paws and fur, but Fin's
gone now, and Rita's a girl. Now the great love of my life is my DVR.
lol

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old September 2nd 05, 07:48 PM
Jo Firey

"Adrian" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
snip
I can go into the block sender list and block entire ISP's if need be.

How do you do that with Outlook Express?
--

Tools
Message Rules

Old September 2nd 05, 08:14 PM
Adrian

Jo Firey wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
snip
I can go into the block sender list and block entire ISP's if need
be.

How do you do that with Outlook Express?
--

Tools
Message Rules
Block Senders List
Add or Modify or Remove

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the modify part before.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 2nd 05, 08:18 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article .com,
wrote:

Singh wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Do keep in mind that several of the trolls, etc are in fact a single

person.
It isn't like there is some organized group out to get us.

I hope I haven't come off like some paranoid conspiracy theorist who
thinks
that Al-Qaeda is parachuting into my bank at night to drain my
funds--and
yes, I did get a call once from some crackpot who thought that was
happening.

Well, *that* certainly explains what happened with *my* bank statement!

Do you mean that when I see a whole boatload of sender names on these
threads, they're actually only one or two people hiding behind
thirty-seven
aliases?

Blessed be,
Baha

Yes. And when you see a member who starts posting *way* out of
character for them, the header is forged, and it's not them at all.

In general, I try to write distinctively. People tend to love or hate
the engineering books I've written, as I use humor scattered through the
details. In like manner, when I post about a health matter, I often go
into details, perhaps as footnotes not to overwhelm.

Indeed, I have been known to reach for the classics, or for assorted
bizarre historical references. In newsgroups, this has a side benefit,
because it's very hard to forge a series of posts that accurately convey
style and specialized knowledge.

I recommend letting your writing style be very personal. It's both more
interesting and harder to forge. Baha, there are usually distinctive
elements in your writing.

Incidentally, there are techniques, and frankly I haven't the time to do
them, to determine, with a high degree of confidence, if assorted
messages are written by the same person. While these are most commonly
used in national intelligence analyses, the basic methods are well known
to people with academic background in linguistics.
Old September 2nd 05, 08:53 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Singh wrote:

I just read CatNipped's farewell post with rather a heavy heart. Such a nice
lady; I wish she lived in Buffalo...

While I have been a less frequent presence lately due to job constraints, I
have been finding certain crosspostings/trollings in recent weeks to be
thoroughly obnoxious. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there is no
God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had just lost one who
was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.) If someone does know how
to killfile, do tell me so I can get rid of the little SOB.

Depends upon your browser. With Netscape, when you're in
the newsgroup (reading, not replying), click on "Tools" at
the top of your screen, select "Message Filters", "New" then
use the drop-down menus to choose "Sender" and "is" or
"contains", enter the troll's address and tell it either
"mark message read" (which leaves them on your screen, if
you want to refer to themt, but won't automatically bring
any of them up when you click "next") or "delete message"
(which will keep all that troll's posts off your screen
entirely).

Old September 2nd 05, 08:55 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:

It happens when I was 6 my pet rabbit died and I distinctly remember
asking the Sunday School teacher that "Snowy died but he will go to
Heaven won't he?" and getting a sharp reply of "No animals don't have
souls!"

Queered me on religion I can tell you

I'm with you. "If there ain't no animals in Heaven, I ain't
going!"

Old September 2nd 05, 09:07 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:19:14 -0400, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
yodeled:

In article .com,
wrote:

Singh wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Do keep in mind that several of the trolls, etc are in fact a single
person.
It isn't like there is some organized group out to get us.

I hope I haven't come off like some paranoid conspiracy theorist who
thinks
that Al-Qaeda is parachuting into my bank at night to drain my
funds--and
yes, I did get a call once from some crackpot who thought that was
happening.

Well, *that* certainly explains what happened with *my* bank statement!

Oh -- apropos to that, MY answer to defeating al-Qaeda is to get them in
the habit of using PowerPoint to plan and justify anything.

Power Point is the most evil of weapons. :P

Theresa
Old September 2nd 05, 09:19 PM
wafflycat

Depends upon your browser. With Netscape, when you're in the newsgroup
(reading, not replying), click on "Tools" at the top of your screen,
select "Message Filters", "New" then use the drop-down menus to choose
"Sender" and "is" or "contains", enter the troll's address and tell it
either "mark message read" (which leaves them on your screen, if you want
to refer to themt, but won't automatically bring any of them up when you
click "next") or "delete message" (which will keep all that troll's posts
off your screen entirely).

With OE, you just click on 'message' on the menu bar & choose 'bloack
sender' from the drop down menu. You can also create rules from 'create rule
from message' - just follow the instructions which appear.

Cheers, helen s

Old September 2nd 05, 09:31 PM
Enfilade

I'm with you. "If there ain't no animals in Heaven, I ain't
going!"

Well, being Pagan, I'm not entirely sure there is a Heaven.

I don't take mythology literally--not the Greek Myths, not the Bible
and not the Rainbow Bridge. What I take out of that story is "animals
and people are going to the same place when we die" and that's
something I've always believed from childhood on.

As for Heaven--or Hell--that's ours to make right here on Earth. And I
know that having four cats piled around me in bed is my idea of Heaven.

--Fil

They're leaving again - party at our house Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 5 August 20th 05 01:11 PM
I'm leaving now Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 24th 05 06:17 PM
Leaving for Canada badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 04 03:31 AM
Leaving the cat while I am away for a long time Lipgor Cat health & behaviour 10 December 10th 03 04:08 PM
leaving the cats alone.... Pat Rabideau Cat health & behaviour 8 August 7th 03 02:26 PM