No More Hope [OT]

Old September 6th 05, 04:44 PM
kilikini

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:33:18 GMT, "kilikini"
yodeled:

Because the evacuation plans, at least from NO, *were* carried out--
but they just didn't seem to consider people who didn't have cars, or
couldn't afford to fill up their tanks. Or who had no flood
insurance, and would be terrified to leave their only property behind.
The ultimate sin in this country is to be poor-- or more and more, as
the middle class, disappears, simply not to be rich.
I believe what I see on my TV when I know there are almost 40 million
people without any health coverage at all in this country. And this
administration has always pretended that there are no poor people
here, or that people choose to be poor, or choose not to have a car or
choose to be without health coverage-- or that you can support a
family on a Walmart job.

I hear ya there. I have no health insurance and no car. I haven't had
health coverage in, gosh, what, 20 years? Thank God I'm relatively healthy.
The United States definitely seems to favor the upper class and what makes
me infuriated is the way that our country gives to other countries -
ignoring the people here who need help. I'm lucky my husband has a job.
When you get down and out without a home it's futile to try to find a job
because you need a phone and an address to acquire a job.

kili -------stepping off her soapbox, now. Sorry.

Old September 6th 05, 04:48 PM
Kate

Kili,

Purrs and prayers that your cousin is found safe as well.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg
http://www.geocities.com/kate_dunn/miaow.html

Old September 6th 05, 04:54 PM
kilikini

"Kate" wrote in message
oups.com...
Kili,

Purrs and prayers that your cousin is found safe as well.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg
http://www.geocities.com/kate_dunn/miaow.html

Thanks, Kate. My Aunt and Uncle have their fingers crossed. She's a mother
of two teenagers.

kili

Old September 6th 05, 05:02 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:54:35 GMT, "kilikini"
yodeled:

"Kate" wrote in message
roups.com...
Kili,

Purrs and prayers that your cousin is found safe as well.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg
http://www.geocities.com/kate_dunn/miaow.html

Thanks, Kate. My Aunt and Uncle have their fingers crossed. She's a mother
of two teenagers.

kili

Kili, I am hitting myself over the head for allowing myself to get
drawn into a political rant when your family is suffering, too. I am
so sorry-- the whole situation makes many of us just crazy. Big purrs
and prayers for your family.

Theresa
Old September 6th 05, 05:12 PM
-L.

kilikini wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
I just can't hold on to hope any longer. It seems my home town, Chalmette
(in St. Bernard Parish) has been totally neglected in favor of New Orleans
(and the minimal help *they* have been given). It makes me want to put my
fist through the television when Jesse Jackson and other black activists

say
that the poor black people of New Orleans are being discriminated against
when St. Bernard Parish has been written off as just gone (never mind that
there are still people trapped on roofs and in attics that are still
(barely) alive)!

Oh, I am in full agreement with you! Jesse Jackson has the effrontery to
say that to call the refugees, "refugees" implies bigotry. WHAT IN THE
HELL? Refugee implies a person seeking refuge. This means white people,
black people, Asian, Mexican - all from that area.

And they are American. Refugee implies a person seeking refuse from
another country.

There are many different
races still stuck in their homes with no food or water. Why are they making
this a BLACK issue? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

My WHITE cousin is still missing. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer
and was supposed to undergo chemo this week. She lives in Metairie just
outside of New Orleans. Where are the crews to help her, if supposedly the
crews are only helping WHITE people?

I hate that people are insinuating help didn't arrive sooner because the
ones most afflicted were poor and black. Let's not put race on this,
please. Jeesh.

You are so ignorant, it's appalling. Why do you think the government
was so slow to help in the first place? What do you think the response
would be if this was Kennebunkport, The Hamptons, or even Long Island?
These people are seen as expendable by our government. They have been
for a long, long time.

The Rupublican party better bend over and kiss their rich lily white
asses bye-bye. They're dead, and they can than Katrina for making it
happen.

-L.

Old September 6th 05, 05:13 PM
Melissa Houle

CatNipped wrote in message
I just can't hold on to hope any longer. It seems my home town, Chalmette
(in St. Bernard Parish) has been totally neglected in favor of New Orleans
(and the minimal help *they* have been given). It makes me want to put my
fist through the television when Jesse Jackson and other black activists

say
that the poor black people of New Orleans are being discriminated against
when St. Bernard Parish has been written off as just gone (never mind that
there are still people trapped on roofs and in attics that are still
(barely) alive)!

I just got off the phone with the Red Cross and the names of my missing
family and friends are still not listed in any of the evacuation centers
scattered across the country.

I would appreciate purrs and prayers for the souls of my bother and his
family, my best friend of 45 years and her family, and everyone else who
lost their lives in this disaster.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm so sorry, Lori. This was a horrible, horrible disaster. God watch over
every poor soul in New Orleans who could not get out in time before the
storm.
(((CatNipped)))

Melissa

Old September 6th 05, 05:14 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
Thanks, Kate. My Aunt and Uncle have their fingers crossed. She's a

mother
of two teenagers.

kili

Kili, I hope your cousin will be found safe and well and SOON.

My three are on extra heavy purr patrol.

Melissa

Old September 6th 05, 05:19 PM
kilikini

"Kate" wrote in message
roups.com...
Kili,

Purrs and prayers that your cousin is found safe as well.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg
http://www.geocities.com/kate_dunn/miaow.html

Thanks, Kate. My Aunt and Uncle have their fingers crossed. She's a

mother
of two teenagers.

kili

Kili, I am hitting myself over the head for allowing myself to get
drawn into a political rant when your family is suffering, too. I am
so sorry-- the whole situation makes many of us just crazy. Big purrs
and prayers for your family.

Don't hit yourself over the head! We don't need any more injured people in
this country. g Just trying to make light of a terrible situation.
Thanks for your well-wishes. I just can't believe it's been over a week and
we haven't heard anything.

kili

Old September 6th 05, 05:20 PM
kilikini

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

SNIP
Thanks, Kate. My Aunt and Uncle have their fingers crossed. She's a

mother
of two teenagers.

kili

Kili, I hope your cousin will be found safe and well and SOON.

My three are on extra heavy purr patrol.

Melissa

Thank you, Melissa and kiss your furry friends for me. Better yet, give
them a huge hug for me.

kili

Old September 6th 05, 05:21 PM
kilikini

[...]