Middeinng

Old June 2nd 05, 01:51 PM
Abigail Cassie via CatKB.com

Default Middeinng

Good afternoon all,
I'm new to the site and am almost at my wits end.
I have three furry babies at home, male 6 yrs siamese, femail 5 years
siamese and a 2 year old black and white moggie.
All are mainly housebound. They have 2 large clean litter trays with
litter pearls in them. The trays are kept clean and are in a private area
of the house (v. large under stairs cupboard/room). My problem is that my
eldest siamese boy has taken to some serious middening.
He poos on the bath mat when he sneaks into the room. I have managed to
all but cure this by keeping him out.
I have a lodger who has his own settee and he is constantly pooing and
peeing all over it and covering it with the throw over and cushions.I am
struggling to keep up with the constant washing and cleanng.
I recntly took a few day saway and when I returned my BED was covered in
faeces and urine! He even pooed on my duvet whilst I was asleep in bed!!
My little man is my favourite, he gets the most attention and all three get
on very well. Apart from the odd hiss or slap from each other. My partner
is a very tolerant man but is naturally getting more an more annoyed by my
cats behaviour. Any suggestions, tips or tricks will be greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance. Abigail

Old June 2nd 05, 03:01 PM

When a cat starts pooing and peeing outside of the box the first thing
you need to do is take him to the vet and rule out a medical problem. I
also would stop using the Litter Pearls as it is a texture that many
cats don't like. Switch to a soft, sandy clumping litter, add a third
litterbox in a different location and make sure to scoop the boxes twice
a day. You also might find this article helpful:
http://community.webtv.net/getcathelp/litterbox

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old June 2nd 05, 09:00 PM
TheHermit

At 6, he is not even middle aged, so I would not think it is an age
related problem, however a change in habits could be due to an
infection or other problem that he has. I would very strongly suggest a
trip to the vets for a check up as I have heard of many instances of
this sort of behaviour change which has been due ot an infection. Also,
it may be that for some reason he has taken a dislike to the litter in
the trays you provide. You may want to change the litter in one of
them, but for 3 cats I would go with the golden rule of 1 litter tray
per cat + 1 extra.

Best of luck!

The Hermit

---
Visit http://www.thehovel.com/bb for friendly chat with cat minded
people.
The Hovel - Feline Friendly Internet.

Old June 3rd 05, 06:18 PM
Alison

[...]

This link has advice about house soiling
http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm
Alison