A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What on earth???



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 6th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 594
Default What on earth???

It's about 4 am....I can't sleep and the BF just came to bed cause he
had fallen asleep on the couch. The lights were off and I was trying
very had to just relax.

Then I hear the all familiar sounds of pattering feet. The sounds of
night zoomies.

Pattering Feet.....rustling.....more pattering...more
rustling...louder rustling...EXTREMELY LOUD RUSTLING followed by
THUNDEROUS RUNNING and a LOUD WTF BANG!

That got both the BF and I to sit up. He looked while I reached for
my glasses. He got to see a glimpse of something running through the
hallway partially covered in white plastic.

We both got up and turned on the light. The soft cube the cats play
in was clearly moved and on its side and there were small pieces of a
plastic grocery bag. Mischief was around sniffing with a "WTF?" look
on her face.

Mayhem was on the bed with us so it had to be Imp. The poor guy is
already skittish to begin with. I went further into my office and as
I moved the chair suddenly I saw a black shape dart from under the
chair and skulk under the bed

the shredded remains of a plastic bag dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the handle.

Awww...my poor baby. BF was able to pull off part of the bag, but Imp
had wedge himself so far under one side of the bed I had to get down
on my side and I reached out and gently pulled the handle off of
him.

I gently talked to him and scratched his head gently and he started to
drool a little bit. But then he skulked further under the bed.

His pride had been hurt. He had been playing and then suddenly this
EVIL THING was AFTER HIM!!!!!

They all like meatloafing in the cube and and the like meatloafing on
errant plastic bags laying around the apartment. One managed to have
gotten inside the cube a week ago and they enjoyed being in the cube
and having something crinkly to lie on.

My guess is Imp was playing in the cube and it got looped around his
head and then he tore around the apartment because suddenly this thing
was on his back and wouldn't LET GO! BF said from the look on
Mischief's face, he wasn't sure if she was trying to help or to egg
him on. Poor baby......

When the BF fed the cats this morning he skulked out from under the
bed to get his crunchies but there was another bag near the food dish.
(He tends to use them to bury the dishes) He was very reluctant to
come closer until the BF moved it.

Aww.......Poor Imp......but I still found him snuggled up on my
clothes and he let me pet him so I think he'll be ok.

Kristi
  #2  
Old December 6th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,349
Default What on earth???

Mischief wrote:

Mayhem was on the bed with us so it had to be Imp. The poor guy is
already skittish to begin with. I went further into my office and as
I moved the chair suddenly I saw a black shape dart from under the
chair and skulk under the bed


the shredded remains of a plastic bag dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the handle.


Awww...my poor baby. BF was able to pull off part of the bag, but Imp
had wedge himself so far under one side of the bed I had to get down
on my side and I reached out and gently pulled the handle off of
him.


I gently talked to him and scratched his head gently and he started to
drool a little bit. But then he skulked further under the bed.


[snip]

When the BF fed the cats this morning he skulked out from under the
bed to get his crunchies but there was another bag near the food dish.
(He tends to use them to bury the dishes) He was very reluctant to
come closer until the BF moved it.


Aww.......Poor Imp......but I still found him snuggled up on my
clothes and he let me pet him so I think he'll be ok.


Poor guy! Still, maybe it's time to put the plastic bags in the
drawer? Sounds like they have plenty of other toys to play with.

--
Joyce ^..^

(To email me, remove the X's from my user name.)
  #3  
Old December 7th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 285
Default What on earth???

Mischief wrote:
It's about 4 am....I can't sleep and the BF just came to bed cause he
had fallen asleep on the couch. The lights were off and I was trying
very had to just relax.

Then I hear the all familiar sounds of pattering feet. The sounds of
night zoomies.

Pattering Feet.....rustling.....more pattering...more
rustling...louder rustling...EXTREMELY LOUD RUSTLING followed by
THUNDEROUS RUNNING and a LOUD WTF BANG!

That got both the BF and I to sit up. He looked while I reached for
my glasses. He got to see a glimpse of something running through the
hallway partially covered in white plastic.

We both got up and turned on the light. The soft cube the cats play
in was clearly moved and on its side and there were small pieces of a
plastic grocery bag. Mischief was around sniffing with a "WTF?" look
on her face.

Mayhem was on the bed with us so it had to be Imp. The poor guy is
already skittish to begin with. I went further into my office and as
I moved the chair suddenly I saw a black shape dart from under the
chair and skulk under the bed

the shredded remains of a plastic bag dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the handle.

Awww...my poor baby. BF was able to pull off part of the bag, but Imp
had wedge himself so far under one side of the bed I had to get down
on my side and I reached out and gently pulled the handle off of
him.

I gently talked to him and scratched his head gently and he started to
drool a little bit. But then he skulked further under the bed.

His pride had been hurt. He had been playing and then suddenly this
EVIL THING was AFTER HIM!!!!!

They all like meatloafing in the cube and and the like meatloafing on
errant plastic bags laying around the apartment. One managed to have
gotten inside the cube a week ago and they enjoyed being in the cube
and having something crinkly to lie on.

My guess is Imp was playing in the cube and it got looped around his
head and then he tore around the apartment because suddenly this thing
was on his back and wouldn't LET GO! BF said from the look on
Mischief's face, he wasn't sure if she was trying to help or to egg
him on. Poor baby......

When the BF fed the cats this morning he skulked out from under the
bed to get his crunchies but there was another bag near the food dish.
(He tends to use them to bury the dishes) He was very reluctant to
come closer until the BF moved it.

Aww.......Poor Imp......but I still found him snuggled up on my
clothes and he let me pet him so I think he'll be ok.

Kristi


That happened to Ivy (RB) once, and there were still items in the bag (a
can of Pringles, for one), and she strew those things from one end of
the house to the other in her attempt to rid herself from The Evil Bag.

And the Pringles were all crumbs (I 'drank' them from the can - I DO NOT
WASTE PRINGLES!!!) by the time we caught her and removed the offending
bag - it was the largest thing in the bag, and didn't fall out - it was
RUSTLE RUSTLE SCURRY THUMP rattle rattle THUMP rattle rattle....
repeat several times, with some yowling thrown in for added effects.

She hid under the bed for several hours afterward.

--
^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) net
http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep
  #4  
Old December 7th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 869
Default What on earth???

Mischief wrote:

the shredded remains of a plastic bag
dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the
handle.


I always cut the handles with scissors before disposing of plastic bags.


---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44 15' N - Elevation 1580')


  #5  
Old December 7th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,760
Default What on earth???

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
...
Mischief wrote:

the shredded remains of a plastic bag
dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the
handle.


I always cut the handles with scissors before disposing of plastic bags.


Absolutely. Cats love crinkly sounds but it's too easy for them to get
their heads caught in the handles of those plastic things. I learned that
the hard way when Persia was "chased" by a plastic bag after she first came
to me. Sure, they love the crinkly sound. That's why I bought her a
crackle-sack. She loves to roll around on it for the crackling sound.

But plastic bags? YIKES! No!! Cut the handles off.... heck, cut the
bottoms out. They can suffocate or strangle.

I also make sure the strings from the mini-blinds are well out of Persia's
reach. She thinks they are string toys. No, they're potential nooses. You
have to be really careful because cats will find a way to make toys from
just about anything. While that's very cute, they could kill your cat.
CAUTION!

Jill

  #6  
Old December 7th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 594
Default What on earth???

On Dec 6, 6:02 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"---MIKE---" wrote in message

...

Mischief wrote:
the shredded remains of a plastic bag
dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the
handle.


I always cut the handles with scissors before disposing of plastic bags.

Absolutely. Cats love crinkly sounds but it's too easy for them to get
their heads caught in the handles of those plastic things. I learned that
the hard way when Persia was "chased" by a plastic bag after she first came
to me. Sure, they love the crinkly sound. That's why I bought her a
crackle-sack. She loves to roll around on it for the crackling sound.

But plastic bags? YIKES! No!! Cut the handles off.... heck, cut the
bottoms out. They can suffocate or strangle.

I also make sure the strings from the mini-blinds are well out of Persia's
reach. She thinks they are string toys. No, they're potential nooses. You
have to be really careful because cats will find a way to make toys from
just about anything. While that's very cute, they could kill your cat.
CAUTION!

Jill


I know, this never was a problem before. 90% of all plastic bags are
put into the cupboards for litter box cleaning, but occasionally
you'll have an empty one floating around and the next thing I know,
one of them is sitting on it. And that's all they did.

not sure how they managed to drag one INTO the cube with them.

And I bought them a crinkly sack. Currently it's right next to the
cube that had the plastic bag in it.

Cats.....sheesh....

Kristi
  #7  
Old December 7th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,760
Default What on earth???

"Mischief" wrote in message
...
On Dec 6, 6:02 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"---MIKE---" wrote in message

...

Mischief wrote:
the shredded remains of a plastic bag
dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the
handle.


I always cut the handles with scissors before disposing of plastic bags.

Absolutely. Cats love crinkly sounds but it's too easy for them to get
their heads caught in the handles of those plastic things. I learned
that
the hard way when Persia was "chased" by a plastic bag after she first
came
to me. Sure, they love the crinkly sound. That's why I bought her a
crackle-sack. She loves to roll around on it for the crackling sound.

But plastic bags? YIKES! No!! Cut the handles off.... heck, cut the
bottoms out. They can suffocate or strangle.

I also make sure the strings from the mini-blinds are well out of
Persia's
reach. She thinks they are string toys. No, they're potential nooses.
You
have to be really careful because cats will find a way to make toys from
just about anything. While that's very cute, they could kill your cat.
CAUTION!

Jill


I know, this never was a problem before. 90% of all plastic bags are
put into the cupboards for litter box cleaning, but occasionally
you'll have an empty one floating around and the next thing I know,
one of them is sitting on it. And that's all they did.

not sure how they managed to drag one INTO the cube with them.

And I bought them a crinkly sack. Currently it's right next to the
cube that had the plastic bag in it.

Cats.....sheesh....

Kristi



Cats are clever. They get into all sorts of things. I use plastic bags to
dispose of litter. I wasn't blaming you. But I do cut the handles so they
can't get wrapped around Persia's neck.

Those kitty cubes are fun. I have one back home and am thinking I need to
pick one up to keep Persia amused here. When she's not losing mousies under
furniture or watching the birds out the living room doors, there's not much
fun for her here.

Jill

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth Hour Bobcat Cat anecdotes 19 April 10th 08 09:33 PM
want to see Aliens on Earth [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 June 9th 07 11:55 AM
Peace on Earth Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 December 21st 05 01:28 PM
diatomaceous earth ken Cat health & behaviour 3 November 28th 05 06:36 PM
How on earth to type... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 12 November 12th 03 07:54 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.