Capt. Midnight -- 6 PM Update

Old December 23rd 05, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Capt. Midnight -- 6 PM Update

You spoke too soon. Scroll down to my post "Capt. Midnight --
The Final Update." It's not good news.

Debby

I'm so glad to hear that Capt. Midnight is okay. I was pained
to read
about him in your previous posts. In my opinion, it's harder
to lose a
pet who is young than one who is old. When I think about
Grandpa Rex
Allen dying at age 34 or 36 I think wow, my Poyah died at only
4;
that's not even a breath compared with 34.

Actually, in the past 8 years I've had to have 4 pets put to
sleep
because of serious illness. Of them, only my wrinkle spaniel,
Hairyit,
was due to old age. I lost Poyah first to Kidney Failure,
Cleopatra
next to Liver Failure, (both compliments of the, at that time,
new FELV
vaccine that they didn't even need,) Hairyit to Diabetes, and
finally
Flip to Brain Tumours. So far Mr. Fleas remains healthy, but
he has to
be regularly monitored for his kidneys. Apparently, he is
predisposed
to granulation.

Unforeseen illness in a beloved pet is not an easy thing with
which to
cope. Worse still is the unforeseen illness resulting in
death. If a
pet dies from the complications of old age, we have the meagre
consolation of saying, "Well, at least he died fat, happy, and
satisfied with days." Unfortunately, time and unforeseen
occurrences
rob us of that. On the brighter side, however, while it's true
that
nothing will ever replace the cat we've lost, almost inevitably
another
will find us and weasel his way into our hearts. It's a
bittersweet
cycle, for sure; but even if they bring us joy for but a short
while,
at least we were those privileged to receive it.

Cheers,
Azy!

"Yes, he that controls the menu controls the contentment of all
at the
table." ~~Mr. Fleez.
www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old December 28th 05, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

~~Scroll down to my post "Capt. Midnight -- The Final Update."~~

I'm sorry to read the news, Debby. I just didn't see the final
outcome. I fear I'm not exactly good at the message boards. They
aren't as slow as the one I used to use, so I get lost.

I fear I'm a bit daft when it comes to offering condolences, too.
Nothing ever sounds comforting when death is involved. Nevertheless,
may your family find solace together until time helps you mend.

Sincerely,
Azy.

Old December 29th 05, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

~~Scroll down to my post "Capt. Midnight -- The Final
Update."~~

I'm sorry to read the news, Debby. I just didn't see the final
outcome. I fear I'm not exactly good at the message boards.
They
aren't as slow as the one I used to use, so I get lost.

I fear I'm a bit daft when it comes to offering condolences,
too.
Nothing ever sounds comforting when death is involved.
Nevertheless,
may your family find solace together until time helps you mend.

Thanks, Azy. What newsreader do you use (Outlook Express,
Thunderbird, etc.)?

I understand what you're trying to say, and thank you. When the
Captain's ashes come back, we'll be having a memorial service for
him. You and your cats, if they're allowed to meow-chat, are
welcome to attend.

Debby

Old January 3rd 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

~~Thanks, Azy. What newsreader do you use (Outlook Express,
Thunderbird, etc.)?~~

I guess that's the trouble, Debby; I don't use a reader. I come in
through the google home page to get to this site. ~:/ I gotta do
everything the hard way.

~~You and your cats, if they're allowed to meow-chat, are
welcome to attend.~~

I've probably missed it. I'm so busy working, I don't often get to
come in and just browse the web. Nevertheless, thank you.

Sincerely,
Azy.

Old January 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

I guess that's the trouble, Debby; I don't use a reader. I
come in
through the google home page to get to this site. ~:/ I
gotta do
everything the hard way.

That's what I do when I post from work (under the pseudonym
PixieDust413). If you internet provider offers a news server, it
might be worth it to learn to use Outlook Express or Thunderbird
or Free Agent or any of the other news readers out there.

~~You and your cats, if they're allowed to meow-chat, are
welcome to attend.~~

I've probably missed it. I'm so busy working, I don't often
get to
come in and just browse the web. Nevertheless, thank you.

You didn't miss it yet. The ashes only came back yesterday. You
won't miss Midnight's memorial service, meow chat and all,
because once gatherings get started around here they don't end
any time soon.

Debby