POLL: Where does your cat sleep?

Old December 8th 03, 07:05 PM
Kalyahna

"Ablang" wrote in message
Where does your cat sleep at night?

Pandora sleeps on the pillow, but she has to have a hand to lay on and lick
when she feels like it. Occasionally she'll bunch herself up under the
pillow and lean on my shoulder to lick my face.

Persephone likes to be under the covers or on the covers, but almost always
on the back of my knees so I can't move.

Maddie (foster) sleeps on my chest or my back, just so long as it's absurdly
close to my face.

Peaches (foster) sleeps nearby, within arm's reach, but the only time she
wants to be -on- me is if I'm awake enough to pet her.

Old December 8th 03, 07:09 PM
Dan Mahoney

Ablang wrote:
Where does your cat sleep at night?

For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Sammy sleeps right beside me usually, CLeopatra sleeps on Nancy's
pillow, Tabitha sleeps sometimes at the foot of the bed, sometimes in
the living room. Amelia starts the night sleeping on the back of the
couch but usually ends up at my feet.

When we adopted Tabitha back in early June we kept her in the bathroom
for a couple of weeks. It was very warm during the day, so we cut a
window in the bathroom door so the cool air from the cooler would keep
the room inhabitable. We then adopted Sammy in early July, and the
window in the bathroom door again came in handy. Sammy was spending all
of his time in the bathroom - he had an eye infection, so we didn't want
to introduce him to the other cats after it had been treated for 2 or 3
weeks.

At the 2-week mark Sammy decided it was time for his isolation to end.
Nancy and I went to bed at our usual time. About 30 minutes later I was
startled by a scrabbling sound on my side of the bed. I looked to see
what was causing the noise - it was tiny baby Sammy climbing up the side
of the bed! He had managed to get out of the bathroom all by himself. I
figure he had to climb a bath towel, walk along the top of the towel
rod, and jump through the bathroom door window. From that day on, Sammy
always slept with me.

Old December 8th 03, 08:17 PM
Nikki West

"M.C. Mullen" wrote in message

| Where does your cat sleep at night?

On my pillow and gradually moving on when I move - in order to get the

whole
pillow for himself :-)

That's exactly what Artemis does! When he wakes me up for my 5:00 bath, I
notice that I have about 2 square inches of pillow and he has the rest.
He's just too damn cute to kick off though!

Old December 8th 03, 08:17 PM
Nikki West

Old December 8th 03, 09:34 PM
No One But Me

i have 9 cats & they all sleep in different places. right now i'm home alone
at night, so some sleep in my daughters room, some on top of the washer or
the dryer, there are chairs with pillows in front of the sliding glass door,
pillows in front of the heaters, the couch, the recliner, the computer chair
.... and some choose to sleep atop the clean laundry, or in the laundry
basket filled with dirty laundry waiting to be washed. you name it ...
they've slept there.

barbara

--
My cat's job is to look pretty, smell good, sleep, eat, pee, & poop, in
that order.

Old December 8th 03, 09:37 PM
OWK

Ablang wrote in message ...
Where does your cat sleep at night?

For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Varies by season and their mood I guess. (2 Siamese/tabby males. 12 years old)

a) Bed (more so in winter to share warmth and the feather comforter)
b) Cat bed (just the right size for a "catball")
c) Office chair in the 3rd bedroom (especially after it has been pre-warmed)
d) In front of a heat duct in the living room

- Kurt

Old December 8th 03, 09:53 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Where does your cat sleep at night?

Anywhere it wants to is the simple answer - and the most accurate one!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune