Web site tracking Cat foods

Old April 24th 05, 10:04 PM
Joe Christl

Default Web site tracking Cat foods

Is there a website that lists the general good-ness of the product(s)?
I bring this up because I've noticed that "Phil" recommends a few
things over others, but then when a topic is brought up I tend to learn
something new regarding a food product.

For example, I read here at one point that Phil thinks Fancy Feast is a
pretty okay product. Now I thought that FF would be out the door since
its basically a commercial-type store product, not something you would
generally find in Petco or Petsmart.

Then I research further and saw alot of Nutro-products mentioned by
him, but later learn that their Ca:P ratio is probably off.

I'm developing a friggin headache.

Wouldn't it be easier if there was a website that had all these
products catagorized and graded or rated? Then if someone learns
something new about a product, we (or they, or someone) could go in and
modify the rating.

Just something to make it a bit easier...

Joe

Old April 24th 05, 11:21 PM
Justin L

On 24 Apr 2005 14:04:24 -0700, "Joe Christl"
wrote:

Is there a website that lists the general good-ness of the product(s)?

snip

Just something to make it a bit easier...

Joe

Joe,

I wish there was such a site.
If there is, I have been unable to find it.

Justin
Old April 25th 05, 12:19 AM
CatNipped

"Joe Christl" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Can't guarantee their impartiality, but try he
http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 25th 05, 12:20 AM
CatNipped

[...]

Sorry, here's the updated page:
http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canned.htm

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 25th 05, 01:37 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 24 Apr 2005 05:04:24p, Joe Christl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

I'm developing a friggin headache.

Wouldn't it be easier if there was a website that had all these
products catagorized and graded or rated? Then if someone
learns something new about a product, we (or they, or someone)
could go in and modify the rating.

Just something to make it a bit easier...

The pet food companies make it more complicated than it needs to be.
Find what works well for your cats and stick with it.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old April 25th 05, 03:06 AM
-L.

Cheryl wrote:

The pet food companies make it more complicated than it needs to be.
Find what works well for your cats and stick with it.

--
Cheryl

Ditto what Cheeryl said. You could find the most "perfect" cat food in
the world, but if the cats won't eat it, your time is wasted. bottom
line is there are a number of acceptable foods - both premium and
"grocery store" brands. Try a few to see what they like, and then
stick with it.

-L.

Old April 25th 05, 05:17 AM
John Doe

"-L." wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

The pet food companies make it more complicated than it needs
to be. Find what works well for your cats and stick with it.

Ditto what Cheeryl said. You could find the most "perfect" cat
food in the world, but if the cats won't eat it, your time is
wasted. bottom line is there are a number of acceptable foods -
both premium and "grocery store" brands. Try a few to see what
they like, and then stick with it.

Would be nice to have a consumer's reports on cat food. I think
that is what the original poster is asking for.

What about a government rating system or something.

Old May 3rd 05, 09:27 PM
Joe Christl

Consumer reports would be nice, even government ratings. But even a
users database would be kickin'. But anythings better than nothing.

Anyway, my cat likes Fancy Feast, and I've heard good things, even has
that ratings statement on the side, so I'm gonna stay with that.

I just gotta find a decent kibble (dry) for her to nibble on throughout
the day.