[ot] Hurricane Dennis

Old July 8th 05, 04:55 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default [ot] Hurricane Dennis

Good luck to everyone around the Gulf of Mexico, that Hurricane Dennis
stays out of your way! (last I heard it was up to category 4, and
deemed a "significant threat")

According to The Weather Channel, Dennis is forecast to move across
Cuba and into the Gulf Saturday. The forecast track has it hitting the
northeast Gulf coast (somewhere from New Orleans to Pensacola,
Florida), but western Florida is not out of the question. They've been
evacuating the Florida Keys, and will be closing the airport there
later today.

Of course, as we all saw last year, hurricanes have minds of their
own... who knows if it'll actually go where forecast or not.

So stay safe! Get a loan and put gas in your vehicles! Get out of
there if they tell you to do so!!!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old July 9th 05, 03:23 AM
badwilson

Dennis emailed me the other day, he's quite chuffed that they named a
hurricane after him. I'm hoping that it turns out to be a nice,
non-destructive hurricane. One deserving of the name Dennis.
Purrs for everyone around the Gulf.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 9th 05, 03:44 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

We used to tease my Mom, whose name is Hilda - because, decades ago
(according to Google, October 1964), there was a very destructive hurrcane
than blew throug the Gulf Coast. It too was named Hilda.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 9th 05, 07:39 PM
Gabey8

Purrs and purr-ayers for the safety of everyone, human and animal alike, in
the path of the hurricane.

May the hurricane weaken so much that it leaves minimal injury/damage in
its wake.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old July 9th 05, 10:20 PM
Charleen Welton

As of 5:00 pm Saturday Dennis arrived, so far he has been gentlemanly. We
have been having bands of gusting winds and some rain.

But, we are 70 miles inland from the Gulf Coast and 'cane is many miles out
into the Gulf.

All precautions have been taken, all items that could fly around, such as
rubbish barrels, flower pots, lawn chairs are in the garage.

We just got a big gust which blew some things off the fridg, the cats headed
for the closet!

I know one thing that will not happen this year that happened last year. No
matter how dearly I love my friends and neighbors I will not help them fix
their hurricane damaged roofs!!

/s/ Charleen

Hopefully all who are impacted by this storm will be okay.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old July 9th 05, 10:38 PM
Adrian

Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you all stay safe.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 10th 05, 12:04 AM
Charleen Welton

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Charleen Welton
at wrote on 7/9/05 4:20 PM:

[...]

Charleen, where are you located again? Sounds like Mobile is going to get

it
bad. They are talking a possible Cat 4 now.

I'm in St.Cloud, Florida which is Central Florida, 22 miles from Disney. At
this time, 7:00 pm, the rain is coming down in torrents, way beyond the
ability of the gutters to take care of it. I had not moved to the garage
two of my large plants in terra cotta pots because they were so large and
heavy. I just checked on them. One has been blown over and is broken. The
wind is blowing the rain as well as the trees and bushes around.

If it is like this here I am fearful for the people on the coast and when it
hits the Panhandle and La.

Prayers and purrs going out to them.

Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro
who are all hiding in the closet!

Old July 10th 05, 01:45 AM
Karen

in article , Charleen Welton
at wrote on 7/9/05 6:04 PM:

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Charleen Welton
at
wrote on 7/9/05 4:20 PM:

[...]

Wow! No kidding. it looks like you are just getting the edge of it. I did
hear that it might reach Cat 4 'Cane purrs for all in it's path.

Old July 10th 05, 05:52 PM
Charleen Welton

It is now 1:04 pm on Sunday and we here in Central Florida are just
experiencing small gusts and a bit of rain. It is over for us. Prayers and
purrs for those who are in the path of Dennis the Terrible.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro