Black cat blackout now in effect

Old October 7th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Anonymous

Default Black cat blackout now in effect

Kreisleriana wrote:

Sorry I don't buy that. That's like saying Jodie Foster caused

Ronald
Reagan to get shot.

Well, after the flurry of responses we've just had on this thread,
there isn't really much more to add, I think, except that I don't
really think Jodie Foster was a roving gang of girls, nor was
John Hinkley a roving gang of anything, so it's hard to see the
application to this particular argument. And I was not referring
to girls as instigators by the prettiness of their faces. I was
talking about real hands-on participation.

I think we are talking about irresponsible adolescent behaviour
here, and we just finished discussing how adolescents are *not*
small adults that can be assumed to have the same reasoning
processes as adults when they make the asinine decisions
that they do.

My direct experience of this is myriad, on account of the fact that
amongst many other places, one of my previous jobs included
working as the doc at the Juvenile Detention Centers for the
County of Los Angeles. Gang central, for any who don't know.
The girls are very much part and parcel of gang violence, and they
were long, long before this recent trend of girl gangs starting up.
They were there....on hand and at the scene....cheering, taunting
and raging and most certainly inflaming the young men who, along
with their own bloodlust, were just not mature enough to resist
the mob instinct, which is hard enough even for adults to resist
in large groups.....and there are certainly plenty of documented
evidences to show just how powerful mob mentality can be.

What people seem to assume, as happened here, is that it is only
boys, and the girls just are not a part of that but it is not true.
It's just that they are the last (until recently) to be suspected as
a part of it, and they were the first to get away from every scene,
and so the stereotype persisted for years. I have it firsthand from
female incarcerants, myself, going back at least twenty years.

--tension
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org