Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

Old December 29th 17, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

Beware of cat on window air-conditioners.
This might not apply to anyone here, not suggesting it is
anything but an unfortunate rare occurrence. But just in case...

My neutered outside feral attempted to jump from the window AC
unit onto her nearby covered platform (with a heating pad).
Unfortunately, one of its toes stuck in a cut out vent on the
top of the AC. So she yelped and was stuck hanging there.
Fortunately I was right there when it happened. At some risk, I
grabbed/lifted the feral up back to the top of the AC then undid
her stuck toe. Naturally she was upset with me, just for being
there when it happened. Fancy Feast to the rescue. Less than 12
hours later, seems to be mostly over the trauma.

Imagine if I had not been there. She might have lost the pad on
her toe, or worse. It is a small 5000-6000 BTU unit, the slats
are less than 1/4 inch wide. She enjoyed looking in through the
window, but we can do without that. Or I will cover it. Winter
is extremely short here.
Old December 29th 17, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.

a) Take them in during the Winter. However short the winters might be, a window AC unit is a sieve.
b) Purchase a unit that does not have slats on a horizontal surface. Most do not.
c) We put a soft fleece cover on our AC units (when they are in). Secured with Velcro. Easy to install, easy to remove and easy to keep clean.
Old December 30th 17, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

But seriously. Putting a cover on them is a common practice.
That would make much more sense than uninstalling the window air
conditioner unit and reinstalling the unit every year. It is no
hazard with a cover on it.

If everything were easy as imagining it on the Internet, Yes
uninstalling and reinstalling would be a great solution!
Old December 30th 17, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 7:37:50 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
But seriously. Putting a cover on them is a common practice.
That would make much more sense than uninstalling the window air
conditioner unit and reinstalling the unit every year. It is no
hazard with a cover on it.

If everything were easy as imagining it on the Internet, Yes
uninstalling and reinstalling would be a great solution!

Good Keeerist!!

It takes less than ten (10) minutes per unit. We have five (5) units in all, of which only three are installed regularly. Took me 20 minutes to install and 15 to remove last go-round.
Old December 31st 17, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
John Doe[_2_]

This poster is either a troll or it is mentally retarded...

--

Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!border1.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp. giganews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news. xlned.com!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!m31no4058961qtf.0!news-out.google.com!v55ni1293qtc.0!nntp.google.com!m31n o4058958qtf.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000go o.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 04:44:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

Old December 31st 17, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:42:19 AM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

its typical mindless drivel. And after a complaint about nothing.

It takes less than ten (10) minutes per unit. We have five (5) units in all, of which only three are installed regularly. Took me 20 minutes to install and 15 to remove last go-round.

a) Perhaps I know what I am doing.
b) Perhaps I do not enjoy pumping heat into the great outdoors to avoid a few minutes of work.

This is the same jackass (with apologies to the hoofed variety) who enjoys hobbling cats and clearly does not understand their most basic behavior patterns.

Beware of introducing a new cat to your old cat John Doe Cat health & behaviour 1 December 15th 11 07:32 AM
Beware! Native Cat anecdotes 1 November 7th 09 11:11 AM
Beware of cat jmagerl Cat health & behaviour 6 January 27th 07 05:35 PM
BEWARE !...Cat Owners !.. Bigbazza Cat anecdotes 10 June 24th 05 03:05 PM