I Won! but... Ooops!

Old April 11th 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Won! but... Ooops!

Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail. The
return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't bother to
read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and I'd have to use
it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to Weight
Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the card because I
won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a Difference Contest. Drat!
I shredded the card! I called the number on the letter. I was directed to
report the card as lost. I explained to the person I spoke with what
happened and he got a good laugh out of it. They're re-issuing the card.
Naturally I'll be using it to buy stuff for Persia Think of all the FF
$25 will buy! Whee!

Jill

Old April 11th 11, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"jmcquown" skrev i meddelandet
Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail. The
return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't bother to
read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and I'd have to
use it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to Weight
Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the card because I
won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a Difference Contest.
Drat! I shredded the card! I called the number on the letter. I was
directed to report the card as lost. I explained to the person I spoke
with what happened and he got a good laugh out of it. They're re-issuing
the card. Naturally I'll be using it to buy stuff for Persia Think of
all the FF $25 will buy! Whee!

Jill

Lucky you! Lucky Persia! LOL.
Elisabet

Old April 11th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail.
The return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't
bother to read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and
I'd have to use it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to
Weight Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the
card because I won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a
Difference Contest. Drat! I shredded the card! I called the number
on the letter. I was directed to report the card as lost. I
explained to the person I spoke with what happened and he got a good
laugh out of it. They're re-issuing the card. Naturally I'll be using
it to buy stuff for Persia Think of all the FF $25 will buy!
Whee!

Jill

LOL It wasn't just the person on the phone that got a good laugh out of
it. I hope Persia enjoys her treats.
--
Adrian
Old April 11th 11, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Persia still only gets FF on Sunday so this will go a long way I can
wait until it goes on sale and get even more of it! I'm glad they took the
time to send me that second letter (and that I read it).

Jill

Old April 11th 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail. The
return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't bother to
read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and I'd have to
use it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to Weight
Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the card because I
won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a Difference Contest.
Drat! I shredded the card! I called the number on the letter. I was
directed to report the card as lost. I explained to the person I spoke
with what happened and he got a good laugh out of it. They're re-issuing
the card. Naturally I'll be using it to buy stuff for Persia Think of
all the FF $25 will buy! Whee!

Jill

Congratulations! I'm glad they did a follow-up and will replace the card.

Joy

Ooops! sandra Cat anecdotes 6 August 23rd 06 02:36 AM
Awww! ooops bebo Cat health & behaviour 0 November 26th 05 06:17 AM
Ooops! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 August 26th 05 03:58 PM
Ooops, Maybe I should go on a diet :) ~jag~ Cat anecdotes 4 June 5th 05 03:00 PM
Ooops! :-) Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 12 October 27th 04 09:58 AM