Berfert Feels Much Better!!!!!

Old November 17th 03, 10:44 PM
Tanada

Default Berfert Feels Much Better!!!!!

We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we had
four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz since
last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've been
assured is within the normal range.

Merlin has taken on the job of kitten training, or at least trying to
undo the bad influence of PC and Squeakers. He gave that up while
Berfert was ill, but is now back on the job.

Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's not
out of the woods, but we're pretty sure that he's a success story for
the power of the purr.

Thanks to you all,

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine (as well as Berfert's hoomin, Mrike)
Old November 17th 03, 11:48 PM
Yoj

I'm glad to hear things are looking better for Berfert. The purrs
continue.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old November 18th 03, 12:39 AM

Tanada wrote:

We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew
before now that he is doing much better.

Hooray!!

Joyce
Old November 18th 03, 04:11 AM
Julie Cook

Tanada wrote:

We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we had
four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz since
last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've been
assured is within the normal range.

Merlin has taken on the job of kitten training, or at least trying to
undo the bad influence of PC and Squeakers. He gave that up while
Berfert was ill, but is now back on the job.

Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's not
out of the woods, but we're pretty sure that he's a success story for
the power of the purr.

Thanks to you all,

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine (as well as Berfert's hoomin, Mrike)

We shall continue to send purrs, meatloaf meditations and healing thoughts
for Berfert to feel better soon. I wondered what was considered a normal
temperature for a cat. Lacey's temp was 102 today. I thought that was close
to normal but there's a big difference between 100 and 102! We're doing the
amoxicilin thing this week. Lacey got her first dose from me this evening.
She hasn't decided yet if she can forgive me or not. It took two of us to
give her the eye drops. I suspect by tomorrow evening we'll begin thinking
of adopting someone so we have another set of hands.

Purrs for Berfert,
Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old November 18th 03, 06:16 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:44:00 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we had
four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz since
last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've been
assured is within the normal range.

Merlin has taken on the job of kitten training, or at least trying to
undo the bad influence of PC and Squeakers. He gave that up while
Berfert was ill, but is now back on the job.

Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's not
out of the woods, but we're pretty sure that he's a success story for
the power of the purr.

Thanks to you all,

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine (as well as Berfert's hoomin, Mrike)

Glad to hear he's doing better. Purrs for complete recovery
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 18th 03, 05:17 PM
lewe

"Tanada" wrote in message
We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we had
four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz since
last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've been
assured is within the normal range.

Merlin has taken on the job of kitten training, or at least trying to
undo the bad influence of PC and Squeakers. He gave that up while
Berfert was ill, but is now back on the job.

Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's not
out of the woods, but we're pretty sure that he's a success story for
the power of the purr.

good news, purrs keep coming!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old November 18th 03, 10:15 PM
polonca12000

Wonderful news!
Continued purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's

Old November 18th 03, 10:39 PM
Adrian

Tanada wrote:
We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we
had four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz
since last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've
been assured is within the normal range.

I'm glad Berfert is feeling better. I know a cat's normal body temp. is
higher than a human's. Snoopy has just pointed out to me, that should read
superior to a human's as are all things feline.;-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 19th 03, 12:05 AM
SUQKRT

In article , Tanada
wrote:

We took Berfert back to TED today for a check back, but we knew before
now that he is doing much better. He hates the taste of amoxicillin,
but only needed two of us to medicate him at first. Last night, we had
four of us holding the little guy in place. He also gained 2 oz since
last week, and his temperature is back to 100.7 F. Which we've been
assured is within the normal range.

Merlin has taken on the job of kitten training, or at least trying to
undo the bad influence of PC and Squeakers. He gave that up while
Berfert was ill, but is now back on the job.

Not only that, but Berfert is interested in his blankie again. He's not
out of the woods, but we're pretty sure that he's a success story for
the power of the purr.

Thanks to you all,

I'm so glad The Berf is improving. Reading about him is part of why I jioned
this group in early 2000.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One