Softclaws day 4

Old February 23rd 04, 07:06 AM
Mark Healey

Default Softclaws day 4

I have to say that I'm impressed with Softclaws so far. I put them on
Wednesday evening and they are still on. Both cats seem indifferent
to them. They don't fix one problem. One of them likes to scratch on
things just to hear the noise. He always picks something hollow like
cheap doors or my mame cab. It is only at night when I am trying to
go to sleep.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com
Old February 25th 04, 01:51 PM
Wendy

Our hollow interior doors have a urethane finish so I could probably get
away with applying the sticky backed velcro and hanging a piece of carpeting
that kitty could scratch on but that might muffle the sound. You might be
able to wrap the cabinet in something like that as well. If you have painted
doors OTOH the adhesive backing on the velcro might damage the finish.

"Mark Healey" wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:48:52 UTC, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:06:19 GMT, (Mark Healey) wrote:

I have to say that I'm impressed with Softclaws so far. I put them on
Wednesday evening and they are still on. Both cats seem indifferent
to them. They don't fix one problem. One of them likes to scratch on
things just to hear the noise. He always picks something hollow like
cheap doors or my mame cab. It is only at night when I am trying to
go to sleep.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Our first set of Soft Paws lasted about 3 months. The second only
about two months. I don't have any idea what a mame cab is -- can it
be locked away?

It is an old school video game cabinet with real arcade quality
controls and a PC with emulator software inside to play the great old
games the way they were meant to be played, standing up. It is mostly
hollow so when he starts scratching on it it makes quite a bit of
noise. He also goes for the hollow core doors.

Old February 26th 04, 02:50 AM
fan

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:07:27 GMT, Laura R.
wrote:

circa Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:06:19 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Mark Healey ) said,
I have to say that I'm impressed with Softclaws so far. I put them on
Wednesday evening and they are still on. Both cats seem indifferent
to them. They don't fix one problem. One of them likes to scratch on
things just to hear the noise. He always picks something hollow like
cheap doors or my mame cab. It is only at night when I am trying to
go to sleep.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Earplugs? :-)

Laura

That was a very strange reply Laura. Besides, it can't work. No cat is
going to leave earplugs in. And were would you be able to find little
bitty ear plugs for them?

I have seen reindeer antlers and such, but never earplugs. Could the
problem be that the cat has seen too many tapdance movies and wants to
join in? Practicing for a remake of Dirty (litterbox) Dancing.

Old February 26th 04, 03:37 AM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:50:54 -0600, in

rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
fan ) said,
wrote:

[...]

But cats have BIG ears, so I think a pair of socks would work just
fine, don't you?

Hmm. Maybe just earmuffs, then...

My thought exactly. Great minds.