Hooray! Tucker's lost some weight!

Old September 13th 04, 08:25 PM
Rene

Default Hooray! Tucker's lost some weight!

Just wanted to post an update on my overweight Tucker (under the post
of *sigh* Tucker's weight, again from a few weeks ago). I've been
talking with Megan, and switched him over to Wellness canned.
Convincing him to eat the canned after 6 years of dry has been slow
going, but he's coming around and learning that the food no longer
comes from a bucket or bag.

I weighed him for the first time last Saturday--he's lost 14 ounces!
Hooray! And the good news is he is not constantly hungry and meowing
for food!

I'll keep everyone updated on his progress. This is encouraging
because it's the first time he's _ever_ lost any weight.

Rene
Old September 13th 04, 09:43 PM
Barb

Wow, that's great. I've been cutting back my Sapphire's eating very slowly
because last year around November she was awfully overweight. She is now 12
pounds and also on wellness but we just started that recently. She looks so
much better. I don't expect her to get any thinner although 14 years ago
she was really slim. The three cats love the wellness and there are so many
varieties.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 13th 04, 09:50 PM
Sherry

Just wanted to post an update on my overweight Tucker (under the post
of *sigh* Tucker's weight, again from a few weeks ago). I've been
talking with Megan, and switched him over to Wellness canned.
Convincing him to eat the canned after 6 years of dry has been slow
going, but he's coming around and learning that the food no longer
comes from a bucket or bag.

I weighed him for the first time last Saturday--he's lost 14 ounces!
Hooray! And the good news is he is not constantly hungry and meowing
for food!

I'll keep everyone updated on his progress. This is encouraging
because it's the first time he's _ever_ lost any weight.

Rene

Yay for Tucker! And yay for you, too; I know from experience that getting a fat
cat to lose weight isn't easy. It takes a lot of resolve to keep from giving in
and letting them have what they want.

Sherry

Old September 14th 04, 01:34 AM
Bill Stock

"Rene" wrote in message
om...
Just wanted to post an update on my overweight Tucker (under the post
of *sigh* Tucker's weight, again from a few weeks ago). I've been
talking with Megan, and switched him over to Wellness canned.
Convincing him to eat the canned after 6 years of dry has been slow
going, but he's coming around and learning that the food no longer
comes from a bucket or bag.

I weighed him for the first time last Saturday--he's lost 14 ounces!
Hooray! And the good news is he is not constantly hungry and meowing
for food!

I'll keep everyone updated on his progress. This is encouraging
because it's the first time he's _ever_ lost any weight.

Rene

That's good news. Cali is also fighting the carb monster (dry food). She's
down to a quarter of a cup a day now + whatever canned food she cares to
eat. It's not doing much for my sleep and we have to watch she doesn't sneak
Smokey's food. But she's feeling better already, sleeping less and being
more active in general. We're getting lots more head butts now too.

Old September 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Rob

"Rene" wrote in message
om...
Just wanted to post an update on my overweight Tucker (under the post
of *sigh* Tucker's weight, again from a few weeks ago). I've been
talking with Megan, and switched him over to Wellness canned.
Convincing him to eat the canned after 6 years of dry has been slow
going, but he's coming around and learning that the food no longer
comes from a bucket or bag.

I weighed him for the first time last Saturday--he's lost 14 ounces!
Hooray! And the good news is he is not constantly hungry and meowing
for food!

I'll keep everyone updated on his progress. This is encouraging
because it's the first time he's _ever_ lost any weight.

Rene

how much canned are you feeding him? i have 3 fat cats, actually one really
fat, his brother on the way to fat, and one other thats slightly overweight.
is any food by wellness ok or is there a specific kind of wellness? where
do you get your wellness? is the idea behind wellness food getting the cats
to lose weight by putting them into ketosis? (ie, no carbs?)

Old September 14th 04, 08:33 PM
Rene

"Rob" wrote in message news:m0C1d.4158$F75.1168@trndny01...
"Rene" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I have been working with Megan (posts regularly on this group) on the
amount (I hope she'll post here for you too). Tucker was 21 lbs; my
goal weight is 16, so he's getting 1 1/3 cans (5.5 oz.) per day right
now. Megan chose Wellness for Tucker because it's a high-quality food
with human grade ingredients (no fillers or corn), yet lower in
calories. I bought mine at a local pet store. They have several
flavors; I'm using four types right now. If you go to the Wellness
site you can search for a retailer near you: http://www.omhpet.com/

The idea behind Wellness is to have the cat eat a diet closer to what
they would naturally eat in the wild (meat based protein, more water,
etc.) I have noticed that Tucker does not always eat all of the food,
but he is more satisfied and doesn't beg like he did with the dry
food. I'm not saying it's easy--after 6 years of dry it's been a slow
change--but if it will help him get to a better weight and be
healthier, that's good for everyone.

Rene