Old George

Old October 1st 03, 04:46 AM
Marek Williams

Default Old George

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George and I put it on a
personal web page. The link is

http://home.comcast.net/~johnxj/index.html

In case anyone is interested in seeing the old guy lying comfortably
next to me in the computer room.

I hope I did this right. I'm not very smart about these things. I just
used the Comcast personal web page wizard.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.
Old October 1st 03, 05:49 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:46:10 -0700, Marek Williams
wrote:

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George and I put it on a
personal web page. The link is

http://home.comcast.net/~johnxj/index.html

In case anyone is interested in seeing the old guy lying comfortably
next to me in the computer room.

I hope I did this right. I'm not very smart about these things. I just
used the Comcast personal web page wizard.

He was really a battle weary old tomcat. Bless his soul. He looks
like he deserved a better life than what he had. I am so glad you
made his last days happier.. Rest in Peace Georgie Boy. MLB
Old October 1st 03, 06:00 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George and I put it on a
personal web page. The link is

http://home.comcast.net/~johnxj/index.html

In case anyone is interested in seeing the old guy lying comfortably
next to me in the computer room.

I hope I did this right. I'm not very smart about these things. I just
used the Comcast personal web page wizard. I'm very much afraid I am getting all these cats mixed up.

I'm afraid I am getting all these cats mixed up. Old George looks
like he has lead a hard life but he was once a beautiful cat. I
wonder who lost him way back when -- do you suppose they ever wonder
about him? I wrote a poem once about lost cats -- think I'll have to
look it up. MLB
Old October 1st 03, 06:17 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George and I put it on a
personal web page. The link is

http://home.comcast.net/~johnxj/index.html

In case anyone is interested in seeing the old guy lying comfortably
next to me in the computer room.

I hope I did this right. I'm not very smart about these things. I just
used the Comcast personal web page wizard.

Perhaps if you left a small bag of kibble with the old lady she would
stop giving him table scraps. As long as Old George is an outdoor
car, I am sure he will make his visits there . Good luck with the
potty training. MLB
Old October 2nd 03, 12:43 AM
William Hamblen

On 2003-10-01, Marek Williams wrote:

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George ...

Old George certainly is a shaggy cat.

--
When the fog came in on little cat feet last night, it left these little
muddy paw prints on the hood of my car.

Old October 2nd 03, 02:19 AM
Dave

Marek Williams wrote:
I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George and I put it on a
personal web page. The link is

http://home.comcast.net/~johnxj/index.html

In case anyone is interested in seeing the old guy lying comfortably
next to me in the computer room.

I hope I did this right. I'm not very smart about these things. I just
used the Comcast personal web page wizard.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.

Poor Geroge looks like he's had a rough life. I'll bet he's happy to
have found you...

Old October 2nd 03, 05:46 AM
Marek Williams

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:43:38 GMT, William Hamblen
dijo:

On 2003-10-01, Marek Williams wrote:

I finally got around to taking a pic of Old George ...

Old George certainly is a shaggy cat.

Yeah. You should have seen him a couple months ago. He had matted hair
sticking up about 3 cm high on the rearmost 8 cm of his back. The mats
were so thick I had to cut them off. He still needs a lot of brushing,
but one step at a time. Right now I have to figure out how to
communicate to him about the use of a litter box.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.
Old October 2nd 03, 06:37 AM
LauraK

The mats
were so thick I had to cut them off. He still needs a lot of brushing,
but one step at a time. Right now I have to figure out how to
communicate to him about the use of a litter box.

Were you the one asking about how to open the tubes for flea or something
killer?
I was just doing that today and was reading the instructions and it does tell
you to "push down on the top."
What it doesn't tell you is to take off the top, invert it (so the little
pointy thing in the top of the cap faces the little plastic piece across the
top of the tube) and push down.
I don't know why the instructions leave off that essential piece of
information.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Old October 4th 03, 08:31 AM
Marek Williams

On 02 Oct 2003 05:37:58 GMT, ospam (LauraK) dijo:

Were you the one asking about how to open the tubes for flea or something
killer?
I was just doing that today and was reading the instructions and it does tell
you to "push down on the top."
What it doesn't tell you is to take off the top, invert it (so the little
pointy thing in the top of the cap faces the little plastic piece across the
top of the tube) and push down.
I don't know why the instructions leave off that essential piece of
information.

Yep, that was me.

I did try to take the cap off, but it was firmly attached to the tube.
There was a little raised circle all the way around the nozzle about
halfway between the tube and the end of the nozzle. indicating the
start of the cap, but no way could I separate them.

This evening I just gave up. I am, after all, much larger and stronger
than that stupid tube. Furthermore, I own a large pair of scissors.
End of problem.

Then I went to administer the dose to Old George. The tube the vet
sold me had 60 mg and the vet had suggested using it as two 30-mg
doses, but I had decided to use 20 mg at a time, since he is so old
and still kind of skinny. The vet had given me a syringe without a
needle to suck it up so I could use just a portion at a time.

Well, I didn't quite succeed. The syringe was a 1 cc syringe
calibrated to u-100. Therefore, there should have been 60 units in the
syringe. There wasn't. All I got was about 50 units. The rest probably
just didn't get sucked up.

And when I went to dose him I found I couldn't see the syringe once I
inserted it into the fur on the back of his neck. I ended up giving
him about 25 units instead of the 20 I planned to use. And I didn't
get it on the skin very well. I think most of it ended up on his fur.
Sigh

Oh well. I'll watch him over the next several days and see what
happens. According to the vet it should take about three days to kill
the ear mites, fleas, and certain intestinal worms if he has them. He
doesn't really have a flea problem, but from ecstatic state he goes
into when I stick my little finger deep in his ear, he clearly has ear
mites. In about three days I'll take some Q-tips and clean out the
remaining dirt and wax.

You're right about the stupid instructions. Next time you need to open
one of those tubes go get a pair of scissors. It's lots easier. Just
hold the tube upgright and clip the nozzle off about halfway.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.