Moe is gone, long live Pete.

Old December 3rd 11, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Richard Casady

Default Moe is gone, long live Pete.

While we were in Amsterdam, both kitties, Bob and Moe disappeared. Bob
came back in four days, Moe remains gone. The only consolation is that
another cat gets to have a life beyond a tiny cage. They said at the
shelter that the one I picked was about the most affectionate cat they
had ever had.

When I got him home I put the carrier on the bed by my knees and
opened the door. Pete rushed straight to my face and rubbed it with
his, purring like an idling chain saw. A couple of days ago, I woke up
with his toy mouse in my hand. Unfortunately the two kitties don't get
along, growling and hissing, no actual fights. One good thing, the
missing cat was a furniture destroyer,repeatedly clawed the back of a
$180 buck office chair, and was shreding a wicker hamper.

Casady
Old December 3rd 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Richard Casady" wrote in message

While we were in Amsterdam, both kitties, Bob and Moe disappeared. Bob
came back in four days, Moe remains gone. The only consolation is that
another cat gets to have a life beyond a tiny cage. They said at the
shelter that the one I picked was about the most affectionate cat they
had ever had.

When I got him home I put the carrier on the bed by my knees and
opened the door. Pete rushed straight to my face and rubbed it with
his, purring like an idling chain saw. A couple of days ago, I woke up
with his toy mouse in my hand. Unfortunately the two kitties don't get
along, growling and hissing, no actual fights. One good thing, the
missing cat was a furniture destroyer,repeatedly clawed the back of a
$180 buck office chair, and was shreding a wicker hamper.

Casady

- - - - - - - - - -

You are probably "rushing" things too much in trying to bring Bob and Pete
together. It is important to move very slowly and carefully, especially
when you see signs like growling and hissing. Putting two cats together
without a careful introduction is often a recipe for disaster. I suggest
that you start over and give the introduction some extra time.

MaryL

Old December 3rd 11, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Richard Casady

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 22:11:36 -0600, "MaryL"
wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Since the fire we are living in a 16x80 trailer. Mostly the cats
ignore each other, the growlling is only occasional. We have hopes
they will eventually become buddies. Bob is my wifes cat, doesn't care
for me much. Pete loves everyone.

Casady
Old December 3rd 11, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 2, 8:49*pm, Richard Casady wrote:

Since the fire we are living in a 16x80 trailer. Mostly the cats
ignore each other, the growlling is only occasional. We have hopes
they will eventually become buddies. Bob is my wifes cat, doesn't care
for me much. Pete loves everyone.

I confess to breaking every new cat introduction rule when we got
Bonnie- we don't have a load of room but have a huge carrier so
figured that would be okay as a holding pen while we did introductions
especially as we are talking small kitten so loads of room for water/
food/litter/kitten for a day or so.....but Sarsi didn't seem at all
agressive when she realised there was a kitten in the carrier more
interested- she walked round the carrier then sat down in front of it
and has a wash then lay down for a snooze- noses were touched. My plan
was to put the carrier in the bathroom and open the gate so the kitten
could explore the bathroom for an hour or so...Dave opened the carrier
when I wasn't looking and little Bonnie hid under the sofa for about
24-48 hours only returning to the carrier for food and water when we
weren't about. Sarsi stayed out of the way mostly ..then I got out a
fether onna stick to amuse Sarsi and within 30 seconds this little
tuexdo bolted out from under the sofa,,,it did take a few weeks for
her to stop being completely timid around us but Sarsi adopted her
there and then and she slowly warmed to us. I mean she's sitting next
to me purring right now despite what was a trying day for all of us as
she spent some of it at the vets...amazing how small spay incisions
have got when she sits down I can't even see it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs