Hazel's progress

Old June 24th 11, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Hazel's progress

We now believe that we have a female bunny, so we are calling her Hazel.

Tonight for the first time Hazel sat on my lap. She actually stayed there
for a long time. I've been waiting for her to allow this. It took quite some
time. I feel like we've crossed an important threshold. She also spent some
time laying down up against Tommy on the sofa. He seemed amazed at having a
bunny share his space so closely.

We've had to protect Hazel from several of the younger cats. Abigail, Arthur
and Mickey are not allowed to run loose when Hazel is out. They spend their
time either in Dave's room or in the rabbit cage. We give them a chance to
learn to be good to Hazel each time we let her out, but as soon as one of
them chases or swats at her, into confinement they go.

Hazel enjoys eating all sorts of grass. Thank goodness she enjoys bermuda,
which we are trying to eradicate from the garden. Now, instead of throwing
all of it into the compost bin, Hazel gets a bundle of it every day, along
with orchard grass and other types. We'll be planting a patch of timothy in
a few months, too, so we won't have to hunt for it at hay dealers. It's a
difficult hay to find around here.

Every day when I come in with a bunch of fresh grass, the cats all try to
get into the rabbit cage to eat with her. Even though the cats get their own
"salad" every day, they like eating with Hazel!

Old June 24th 11, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Jun 23, 11:02*pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry I giggled a little because my sister named her rabbit Hazel,
from Watership Down.

So glad to hear she is getting along just fine.

Kristi
Old June 24th 11, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Richard Casady

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:24:06 -0700 (PDT), Mischief
wrote:

I'm sorry I giggled a little because my sister named her rabbit Hazel,
from Watership Down.

Ah yes, Watership Down. You read the book. You watched the film. Now
eat the stew.

Casady
Old June 24th 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

Have you ever read the novel "Watership Down" by Richard Adams? if not, you
should.
Hazel was a male bunny in that.

it's not difficult to sex rabbits if you know how and I can help you on that
one, if you want me to.

Tweed

Progress Adrian A Cat anecdotes 4 April 29th 06 08:59 PM
Some progress (OT) Pat Cat anecdotes 37 October 18th 05 01:18 PM
progress with Sam Ann Cat anecdotes 7 December 4th 04 05:07 PM
More Progress Singh Cat anecdotes 15 October 28th 04 02:51 AM
Progress! Singh Cat anecdotes 81 October 20th 04 04:57 PM