Mooch almost has visitors

Old August 18th 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Mooch almost has visitors

To be specific, his visotors were three little bandits. Early this
morning I was sitting on the veranda near Mooch, our resident stray,
while he ate his first breakfast of the day. I glanced down the steps
and there were three masked faces out of Mooch's line of sight,
staring up at me, Mama raccoon and her two almost-grown children
hoping to steal Mooch's meal. That's why I was there on guard duty. I
stood up and approached them. Reluctantly they backed off, but didn't
run away - perhaps they assumed there was safety in numbers. But as I
got closer they changed their minds and one ran up the neighbour's
driveway, while the other two scaled a big maple tree in our front
yard a few feet. I made shooing gestures but they only skittered to
the other side of the tree trunk. I backed off and they came down, and
were joined by raccoon number three. Off they marched in procession
down the sidewalk, Mama in the lead followed by her kids, all walking
that hunchbacked raccoon walk. After they'd gone I returned to the
veranda. Mooch was still munching his breakfast, completely oblivious
to my raccoon encounter!
Old August 18th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
[...]

They're amazing creatures. We lie near a park and a cemetery in Brooklyn,
and raccoons are known to live in both. They rarely are seen outside,
although occasionally, one will make a trip between the two green oases.
Those are badass city raccoons.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

"Bobcat" wrote in message

Mooch was still munching his breakfast, completely oblivious
to my raccoon encounter!

They're amazing creatures. * We lie near a park and a cemetery in Brooklyn,
and raccoons are known to live in both. *They rarely are seen outside,
although occasionally, one will make a trip between the two green oases.
Those are badass city raccoons.
Theresa, Stinky and Dante

So are our Toronto raccoons. But the wildlife that shows up at the
door is nothing compared to what some close relatives get at their
place They live in "Cottage Country" in Canada's Muskoka district on
a 4-acre wooded property next to a big forest area. Yesterday one of
them phoned to say they'd been visited by a young black bear! It
sniffed around the barbecue, climbed a tree to have its picture taken,
then wandered off. And they're always getting deer on the property.
Perhaps they feel safe there - especially in the hunting season!

Old August 18th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
"Bobcat" wrote in message

[...]

I certainly don't get any bears, but we hear about them in the Jersey
'burbs, and hunting bear is always hotly debated in that state, as more
bears turn up in back yards. I always wish I could see a bear, but I am
always afraid of what consequences a bear appearance will have for the bear.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 18th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

I certainly don't get any bears, but we hear about them in the Jersey
'burbs, and hunting bear is always hotly debated in that state, as more
bears turn up in back yards. I always wish I could see a bear, but I am
always afraid of what consequences a bear appearance will have for the bear.

Remember that photo of the bear up a tree in someone's back yard in New
Jersey? At the bottom of the very tall tree containing the very large
bear was a very small orange kitty. One of my favorite cat pictures ever.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 19th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

I certainly don't get any bears, but we hear about them in the Jersey
'burbs, and hunting bear is always hotly debated in that state, as more
bears turn up in back yards. I always wish I could see a bear, but I
am
always afraid of what consequences a bear appearance will have for the
bear.

Remember that photo of the bear up a tree in someone's back yard in New
Jersey? At the bottom of the very tall tree containing the very large
bear was a very small orange kitty. One of my favorite cat pictures ever.

Love it too. Getting chased up a tree by a pussycat should be the worst
thing that happens.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 19th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

wrote in message

Remember that photo of the bear up a tree in someone's back yard in New
Jersey? At the bottom of the very tall tree containing the very large
bear was a very small orange kitty. One of my favorite cat pictures ever.

Love it too. Getting chased up a tree by a pussycat should be the worst
thing that happens.

I also remember that the guy who lived in that house was quoted as
saying (of the cat), "He doesn't like anyone in his yard." LOL!

--
Joyce ^..^

The Mooch Mob Bobcat Cat anecdotes 0 July 29th 08 12:58 PM
Cold visitors polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 0 December 8th 05 10:09 AM
Mooch!! dopekitty Cat anecdotes 6 July 21st 05 07:04 PM
"RJ" has many visitors! katdad Cat anecdotes 3 December 22nd 04 02:31 PM
Visitors wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 10 October 10th 03 07:39 PM