Oscar thanks you!

Old January 27th 05, 06:01 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Oscar thanks you!

Oscar has always gotten a small sampling of tuna whenever I crack a can.
Until recently, though, it never occured to me to give her the water in which
it's packed. I drained it into the sink, then gave her a bit of the meat.

Well, due no doubt to something I read here on this NG, today, Oscar received
not only tuna, but a bowl full of tuna water to go with it! Ladies and
gentlemen, I have never seen such an immediate and hearty response from my
cat. She stuck her nose right into the bowl, and said nose did not emerge
until I could not distinguish the bowl she'd been licking from the bowls in
the cupboard. (I put it in the dishwasher, anyway.)

Oscar thanks the group very much for such a sensible and waste-free idea!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 27th 05, 10:09 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:01:56 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Oscar has always gotten a small sampling of tuna whenever I crack a can.
Until recently, though, it never occured to me to give her the water in which
it's packed. I drained it into the sink, then gave her a bit of the meat.

Well, due no doubt to something I read here on this NG, today, Oscar received
not only tuna, but a bowl full of tuna water to go with it! Ladies and
gentlemen, I have never seen such an immediate and hearty response from my
cat. She stuck her nose right into the bowl, and said nose did not emerge
until I could not distinguish the bowl she'd been licking from the bowls in
the cupboard. (I put it in the dishwasher, anyway.)

Oscar thanks the group very much for such a sensible and waste-free idea!

My concern is the amount of salt in the water. This AM I opened a can of
low-salt tuna and she had two helpings. The low salt was 8%. MLB
Old January 27th 05, 11:33 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-27, mlbriggs penned:

My concern is the amount of salt in the water. This AM I opened a can of
low-salt tuna and she had two helpings. The low salt was 8%. MLB

Oscar gets tuna when I eat it, and only a tiny nibble, so ... she probably
averages between 2-4 servings a month, where a serving is less than a fork's
worth. Do you really think the water will be a problem for her if she gets
the drippings that rarely?

Old January 29th 05, 01:45 AM
Jean Hobbs

Henri always love 'human tuna' and the spring water too but be a little
careful how often or how much yougive her as a vet told meonce that cats
should not be given too muchof it or other canned fish, : henri also loved
sardines in
tomatoe sauce} something to do with thesalt I think he said
Cheers Jean.P.

Old January 29th 05, 10:58 PM
mlbriggs

On 2005-01-27, mlbriggs penned:

My concern is the amount of salt in the water. This AM I opened a can of
low-salt tuna and she had two helpings. The low salt was 8%. MLB

Oscar gets tuna when I eat it, and only a tiny nibble, so ... she probably
averages between 2-4 servings a month, where a serving is less than a fork's
worth. Do you really think the water will be a problem for her if she gets
the drippings that rarely?

I really don't have an answer. I do, however, discard the water..TuTu
just loves my tuna and I do give her a spoonful whenever I have it for
lunch. I buy Fancy Feast tuna or tuna and chicken for her. She won't
eat beef and doesn't care much for salmon.