Telling tales

Old May 26th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Telling tales

If you can't fit a litter box in there, how about using a disposable
diaper that you can lay flat? (In Japan we have things called "pet
sheets" that are absorbent like diapers but are flat and fit in trays--
people use them mostly for house dogs, but you might be able to adapt a
similar idea.)
Cantate

Old May 27th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:39:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

Kitty is very norty, she is getting so old that she often can't be
bothered
to go outside to wee, and will often try and wee behind the woodburner if
don't encourage her to go outside.
Boyfie alerted me to this tonight.. "Look, look.. she's gone behind the
woodburner to wee" I banged the stove with a stick to get her out and
insisted she went outside which she did and came in 5 mins later very
relieved.
I'm not annoyed with her. I think she is so old she forgets where
toileting
is appropriate sometimes.
She does great, if, as the vet says, she's around 20 years old now if she
was 18 two years ago..
My own guess would be 16/17, but who knows how old Kitty Farmcat is, as we
will never know for sure and she certainly won't tell!

Tweed

Your two are really amazing. Kitty FC is a phenomenon in herself, and
Boyfie seems to keep an eye on her.

LOL! Yes, I suppose Kitty is some sort of phenomenon, she is extremely, uh,
feisty. I'm very proud of her actually. She managed to get herself enough
food to eat to survive for years outside, from begging and catching her own.
She only weighs 4lbs so that must have hampered her, but she still did it.
Before I realised her owners had moved away without her (I saw her in the
garden and assumed she was owned and was passing through) my neighbours
(who apparently knew her and realised) were already feeding her leftover
dinner, which explains her liking for mashed potato, brussels sprouts,
cabbage and carrots.

Tweed

Old May 27th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you can't fit a litter box in there, how about using a disposable
diaper that you can lay flat? (In Japan we have things called "pet
sheets" that are absorbent like diapers but are flat and fit in trays--
people use them mostly for house dogs, but you might be able to adapt a
similar idea.)
Cantate

I don't know of anything similar here. The bottom line is: Kitty is not
allowed to wee behind the woodburner, it is very difficult for me to clean
behind there, there are just a few inches each side.
I would worry anyway, even if I got something like you describe, doesn't
that seem to give her permission to pee on fabric?

She does mostly raise herself to go outside to toilet, it's just when she
looks outside and sees it's raining (which it's been doing here for ten
days)
Then she thinks a quick wee behind the woodburner would be easier.
I don't blame her, but Boyfie split on her ;-) He was horrified.
Look, look, Kitty has weed behind the woodburner!
Sometimes he is too complacent.

Tweed

Old May 27th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Boyfie split on her, LOL, I don't think I've heard that expression since I
was at school, and that was a _very_ long time ago. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 27th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

which explains her liking for mashed potato, brussels sprouts, cabbage and
carrots.

Tweed

I'll bet her err... bottom burps.... are lethal ;-)

Old May 27th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

which explains her liking for mashed potato, brussels sprouts, cabbage
and carrots.

Tweed

I'll bet her err... bottom burps.... are lethal ;-)

Actually, no, she must have the digestive system of a horse, AFAIK she has
never had wind and neither has Boyfie. Unlike an RB dog Trim who had to be
fed charcoal biscuits to prevent death by evil miasma..

Tweed

Old May 27th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 27 May 2006 00:47:07 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cantate" wrote in message
roups.com...
If you can't fit a litter box in there, how about using a disposable
diaper that you can lay flat? (In Japan we have things called "pet
sheets" that are absorbent like diapers but are flat and fit in trays--
people use them mostly for house dogs, but you might be able to adapt a
similar idea.)
Cantate

I don't know of anything similar here. The bottom line is: Kitty is not
allowed to wee behind the woodburner, it is very difficult for me to clean
behind there, there are just a few inches each side.
I would worry anyway, even if I got something like you describe, doesn't
that seem to give her permission to pee on fabric?

You probably wouldn't want to put a litter box behind the woodburner,
anyway, as you wouldn't be able to keep a litter box there during
heating season. The heat would soon make the entire house smell of
cat pee.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old May 27th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

which explains her liking for mashed potato, brussels sprouts, cabbage
and carrots.

Tweed

I'll bet her err... bottom burps.... are lethal ;-)

Actually, no, she must have the digestive system of a horse, AFAIK she has
never had wind and neither has Boyfie. Unlike an RB dog Trim who had to
be fed charcoal biscuits to prevent death by evil miasma..

Tweed

Addition to grocery list. Charcoal biscuits for Kayla!

Jo