UPDATE (OT mostly) - long

Old June 24th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE (OT mostly) - long

Update?! you ask? About what? Well, about me. I have gone from active
mode to mostly lurker mode and I thought I would let the group know I
haven't completely disappeared from the planet earth.

I am still owned by the magnificent three - Tony, Stripey Thing, and
Mattie. Everyone is doing well even if they aren't entirely happy with
the new schedule of things. They are used to me being home all day
every day and giving them attention whenever they want it. Now I am at
work or school all day, so I leave at 7am and don't get back until 5:30
or so. That's a lot of attention they don't get now. They are very
happy to see me when I get home.

As for me, I am very busy. Since January, I have been back in school
and working part time in an office on campus. Vocational Rehab is
paying for me to go back to school to get some new training since my
Masters degree is out of date. So I'm working on an associates degree
in computer graphics. Since I am only going to school part time, it is
going to take me a few years. But I have two semesters almost down.
The summer semester is half way over. Yay!!! I got A's in both my
classes in the spring. I have an A in one of my classes this summer -
so high I don't see how I will possibly get less than an A in the class
and I don't know what I have in the other class but it is either an A or
a B and I don't care which since it isn't in my field. It is a speech
class and I'm not very happy about having to retake it. Everyone in my
office is laughing at me because I got the department head who is a bit
(LOT) quirky and they all know him. It is pretty funny. It makes me
feel better about taking the class with him.

In the fall, I will be taking three classes. That is a step up from
what I have been doing,so it will test my time management skills and I
suspect I will lurk even more. But at least I will finally be getting
into the classes I really want to take.

What I can't believe is that I am finally getting my life back. I have
been out so long because of being sick and I've been on disability and
not able to work and I'm finally able to put in a 40-50 hour week and
not collapse from it. And even have fun at it. I still have to be
incredibly careful about my stress level and make sure I get enough
sleep or I will get sick again and go manic, but by and large, I am
doing okay. My meds were readjusted at the end of last semester to
account for extra stress and in the last couple of weeks, we have
finally gotten the med adjustment down. So, I should be somewhat more
stress proof. We adjusted (increased) five of the eight psych meds I'm
on and I finally have the right amount of sleep vs awake and a decent mood.

So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new arrangement,
I'm ecstatic.

Bridget
Old June 24th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote in message
.... So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new
arrangement,
I'm ecstatic.
Bridget

Thanks for the update. Congratulations on the great grades and feeling
better. It's good to know that things are looking up for you.

Annie

Old June 24th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

I'm very glad to hear your life is going well. I have thought of you and one
or two others, wondrering how you were.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 24th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote in message
[...]

Congrats! Good for you, Bridget. I'm very proud of you!

kili

Old June 24th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget, sounds like things are going really well for good. We are very
glad, purring and praying things stay well. Extra skritches to the furbabies
for being such good 'uns.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 24th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
Update?! you ask? About what? Well, about me. I have gone from active
mode to mostly lurker mode and I thought I would let the group know I
haven't completely disappeared from the planet earth.

Hi Bridget! I know you've been busy, but still you managed to post every
so often.

So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new arrangement,
I'm ecstatic.

Give them all scritches for me. Hope things continue to look better!

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 24th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote in message
Update?! you ask? About what? Well, about me.

[...]

What I can't believe is that I am finally getting my life back. I have
been out so long because of being sick and I've been on disability and not
able to work and I'm finally able to put in a 40-50 hour week and not
collapse from it. And even have fun at it. I still have to be incredibly
careful about my stress level and make sure I get enough sleep or I will
get sick again and go manic, but by and large, I am doing okay. My meds
were readjusted at the end of last semester to account for extra stress
and in the last couple of weeks, we have finally gotten the med adjustment
down. So, I should be somewhat more stress proof. We adjusted
(increased) five of the eight psych meds I'm on and I finally have the
right amount of sleep vs awake and a decent mood.

So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new arrangement,
I'm ecstatic.

I'm so happy for you, Bridget. Very many congratulations on getting your
life back again. It's so horrible to be too sick to work; it's not your
fault and drives your income down to subsistence level or lower. I know a
bit about that ;-)
Whilst I really *do* like staying at home, and I would if I could, there is
something very satisfying about being well enough to earn your own living
and not feel that you owe anyone anything.
Brilliant, Bridget!

Tweed

Old June 25th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-24, Bridget penned:

What I can't believe is that I am finally getting my life back. I
have been out so long because of being sick and I've been on
disability and not able to work and I'm finally able to put in a
40-50 hour week and not collapse from it. And even have fun at it.
I still have to be incredibly careful about my stress level and make
sure I get enough sleep or I will get sick again and go manic, but
by and large, I am doing okay. My meds were readjusted at the end
of last semester to account for extra stress and in the last couple
of weeks, we have finally gotten the med adjustment down. So, I
should be somewhat more stress proof. We adjusted (increased) five
of the eight psych meds I'm on and I finally have the right amount
of sleep vs awake and a decent mood.

So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new
arrangement, I'm ecstatic.

That's wonderful. The owners will adjust, and they can only benefit
from having a healthy and happy meowmie.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 25th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
What I can't believe is that I am finally getting my life back. I have
been out so long because of being sick and I've been on disability and
not able to work and I'm finally able to put in a 40-50 hour week and
not collapse from it. And even have fun at it. I still have to be
incredibly careful about my stress level and make sure I get enough
sleep or I will get sick again and go manic, but by and large, I am
doing okay. My meds were readjusted at the end of last semester to
account for extra stress and in the last couple of weeks, we have
finally gotten the med adjustment down. So, I should be somewhat more
stress proof. We adjusted (increased) five of the eight psych meds I'm
on and I finally have the right amount of sleep vs awake and a decent mood.

So, even if the owners do not care particularly for the new arrangement,
I'm ecstatic.

It sounds funny going back for an associate's degree because your
master's is out of date, but I can understand that - basic and
continuous improvement. I'm glad you're feeling better now. Eight
meds! No wonder you're feeling well. Purrs for you.

Old June 25th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Great to hear from you again, Bridget. Purrs that all continues to go well.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe