A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I think they got another one



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old April 14th 18, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 713
Default I think they got another one


I am also on FB. I treat it as a tool nothing more. I've got in touch with friends and family through it. A lot of both now live miles away (Australia in one case every couple of years he flies back to England for a couple of weeks and we use FB to co-ordinate meeting up). I make new friends through it including a couple that I have then met in real life. I am a member of a group where people sell clothes for the larger ladies like me and I have picked up some bargains I nabbed a lovely blue dress with brass buttons for £7 including postage the other week that will be perfect for a forthcoming major interview (To bring you up to date after Dave died I lost my job and I've been temping on and off ever since but am now at a place where I really like it and want to stay and my job is being made permanent so I have applied for it and hope to get it)

I am also in a couple of widows support groups including one where we swap decorating/DIY tips

So it has its uses

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
  #12  
Old April 14th 18, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default I think they got another one

Where in Australia does your relative live?


On 4/14/2018 12:26 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:

I am also on FB. I treat it as a tool nothing more. I've got in touch with friends and family through it. A lot of both now live miles away (Australia in one case every couple of years he flies back to England for a couple of weeks and we use FB to co-ordinate meeting up). I make new friends through it including a couple that I have then met in real life. I am a member of a group where people sell clothes for the larger ladies like me and I have picked up some bargains I nabbed a lovely blue dress with brass buttons for £7 including postage the other week that will be perfect for a forthcoming major interview (To bring you up to date after Dave died I lost my job and I've been temping on and off ever since but am now at a place where I really like it and want to stay and my job is being made permanent so I have applied for it and hope to get it)

I am also in a couple of widows support groups including one where we swap decorating/DIY tips

So it has its uses

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs


  #13  
Old April 14th 18, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:


I'm enjoying reading these updates.* Thanks, Lesley!* Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer had
reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows up for
food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes outside
with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows when his
mealtime is.* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function room window
open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of old towels
under the bar.* He's not seen George in there but he often finds the
towels have been rearranged in the morning suggesting George comes in
when the place is quiet for a warm sleep then as soon as he hears
people moving around in the morning he heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.* Did everyone flee to Facebook?* Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it.* Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again.* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through those
hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was a huge
surprise.* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill


I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years. Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that. However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time. They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them. One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up. A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole". The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving. The other is
about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or four
holes in the sides. There is a toy mouse inside each hole. The mice
can be pulled out, but they are still attached.
  #14  
Old April 14th 18, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 110
Default I think they got another one

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:00:02 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA


I'm still here, but don't post much. I had a stroke in April/May and don't speak
the way I used to.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls,NY

  #15  
Old April 14th 18, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,760
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 5:43 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:00:02 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA


I'm still here, but don't post much. I had a stroke in April/May and don't speak
the way I used to.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls,NY

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm doing my best to keep up the kitty
chatter.

Jill
  #16  
Old April 14th 18, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 2:43 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:00:02 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA


I'm still here, but don't post much. I had a stroke in April/May and don't speak
the way I used to.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls,NY


I'm sorry to hear that! How are your kitties doing?
  #17  
Old April 15th 18, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,760
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:


I'm enjoying reading these updates.* Thanks, Lesley!* Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer had
reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows up
for food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes
outside with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows
when his mealtime is.* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function
room window open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of
old towels under the bar.* He's not seen George in there but he often
finds the towels have been rearranged in the morning suggesting
George comes in when the place is quiet for a warm sleep then as soon
as he hears people moving around in the morning he heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.* Did everyone flee to Facebook?* Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it.* Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again.* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through
those hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was
a huge surprise.* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill


I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years.* Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that.* However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time.* They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them.* One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up.* A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole".* The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving.* The other is
about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or four
holes in the sides.* There is a toy mouse inside each hole.* The mice
can be pulled out, but they are still attached.


Joy, I'm glad you're still here. I like hearing about Pickles and
Koala. I definitely understand your reluctance to introduce another
kitten into the mix! It's nice to hear those toys your friend gave you
are being enjoyed.

Buffy is still crazy about golf balls. When she wants to play she bats
them all over the carpeted living room. I can only imagine the racket
they'd make rolling on hardwood floors.

The thing about Buffy is, I *know* she plays all by herself during the
night. I find her toys rearranged in the morning. I've got a pretty
good memory for what toys are on the floor. A couple of days ago she
was after a furry toy on the fireplace hearth. It was a toy she'd
ripped to pieces when she first came to live here. I thought it was
long gone but she'd hidden it. She brought it out and was playing with
it during the night. She left it on the fireplace hearth. I swear, it
was not there when we went to bed.

Cats are fascinating.

Jill
  #18  
Old April 15th 18, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 4:41 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:


I'm enjoying reading these updates.* Thanks, Lesley!* Any chance of
any
pics of the black cat?

* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer
had reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows
up for food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes
outside with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows
when his mealtime is.* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function
room window open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of
old towels under the bar.* He's not seen George in there but he
often finds the towels have been rearranged in the morning
suggesting George comes in when the place is quiet for a warm sleep
then as soon as he hears people moving around in the morning he
heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for
me if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.* Did everyone flee to Facebook?* Sorry, I tried it (again)
but just don't like it.* Given the recent hacking info I will not
jump on that bandwagon again.* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way
through those hearings, as if data mining and the need for online
security was a huge surprise.* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill


I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years.* Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that.* However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time.* They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them.* One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up.* A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole".* The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving.* The other
is about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or
four holes in the sides.* There is a toy mouse inside each hole.* The
mice can be pulled out, but they are still attached.


Joy, I'm glad you're still here. * I like hearing about Pickles and
Koala.* I definitely understand your reluctance to introduce another
kitten into the mix!* It's nice to hear those toys your friend gave you
are being enjoyed.

Buffy is still crazy about golf balls.* When she wants to play she bats
them all over the carpeted living room.* I can only imagine the racket
they'd make rolling on hardwood floors.

The thing about Buffy is, I *know* she plays all by herself during the
night.* I find her toys rearranged in the morning.* I've got a pretty
good memory for what toys are on the floor.* A couple of days ago she
was after a furry toy on the fireplace hearth.* It was a toy she'd
ripped to pieces when she first came to live here.* I thought it was
long gone but she'd hidden it.* She brought it out and was playing with
it during the night.* She left it on the fireplace hearth.* I swear, it
was not there when we went to bed.

Cats are fascinating.

Jill


Yes, they are. I think they enjoy confusing us. For one thing, they'll
do a certain thing until we accept that's what they do, and then they'll
suddenly change.
  #19  
Old April 15th 18, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,777
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 10:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:


I'm enjoying reading these updates.* Thanks, Lesley!* Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer had
reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows up for
food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes outside
with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows when his
mealtime is.* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function room window
open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of old towels
under the bar.* He's not seen George in there but he often finds the
towels have been rearranged in the morning suggesting George comes in
when the place is quiet for a warm sleep then as soon as he hears
people moving around in the morning he heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.* Did everyone flee to Facebook?* Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it.* Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again.* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through those
hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was a huge
surprise.* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I absolutely refuse to use FB and always have. I read rpca every day
but have fallen down in posting. I'll try to post a picture of the
feeding table I had a friend make for my cats. I can easily fall if I
lean to the floor to feed them, so he built this table to my exact
specifications. Both cats recognized the procedure and leap up onto the
table after just one time. They eat together, side-by-side. I'll try
to post a picture soon.

MaryL
  #20  
Old April 15th 18, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,760
Default I think they got another one

On 4/14/2018 8:20 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 4/14/2018 10:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:


I'm enjoying reading these updates.* Thanks, Lesley!* Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer had
reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows up
for food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes
outside with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows
when his mealtime is.* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function
room window open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of
old towels under the bar.* He's not seen George in there but he often
finds the towels have been rearranged in the morning suggesting
George comes in when the place is quiet for a warm sleep then as soon
as he hears people moving around in the morning he heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.* Did everyone flee to Facebook?* Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it.* Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again.* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through
those hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was
a huge surprise.* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I absolutely refuse to use FB and always have.* I read rpca every day
but have fallen down in posting.* I'll try to post a picture of the
feeding table I had a friend make for my cats.* I can easily fall if I
lean to the floor to feed them, so he built this table to my exact
specifications.* Both cats recognized the procedure and leap up onto the
table after just one time.* They eat together, side-by-side.* I'll try
to post a picture soon.

MaryL


Good to hear from you, Mary! I'd love to see a pic of that feeding
station. None of us are getting any younger so it sounds like the
perfect solution.

Jill
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.