Need ideas for pet cat memorial

Old March 25th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
varois83

Default Need ideas for pet cat memorial

Hi

We recently lost our oldest cat of a mouth tumor, she was 15. I buried
her in our yard. I was wondering what kind of framed memorial I could
do for her.
I have pictures on disk and some prior to digital cameras, I also have
Photoshop CS which I can use without being a pro. I have a new printer/
scanner. I want to frame something like pictures of her with a few
words but don't know exactly where to start.
Also I would like to make a little tombstone with her name on it, on
her grave (A flat one). Shall I have one done, or could I manage
something from like a craft store kit?
I figured maybe someone has an idea before I get started.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Old March 25th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:57:59 GMT, "varois83"
wrote:

We recently lost our oldest cat of a mouth tumor, she was 15. I buried
her in our yard. I was wondering what kind of framed memorial I could
do for her.
I have pictures on disk and some prior to digital cameras, I also have
Photoshop CS which I can use without being a pro. I have a new printer/
scanner. I want to frame something like pictures of her with a few
words but don't know exactly where to start.
Also I would like to make a little tombstone with her name on it, on
her grave (A flat one). Shall I have one done, or could I manage
something from like a craft store kit?
I figured maybe someone has an idea before I get started.

I made a garden (stepping) stone for my Sheltie's grave. I buried him at
his favorite spot under the olive tree in my backyard. My children and I
went to a crafts store and got a garden stone kit and made it together
for Ziggy. There are all kinds of different options at a good crafts
store. Our stone has held up very well and it's been 6 years since I set
it in place over his grave.

You have my sympathies on the loss of your cat. Making a lasting
monument to her with your own hands might help ease your pain, if just a
little. I know it helped us.

--
Lynne
Old March 26th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
varois83

wrote:

[...]

I appreciate the tips and the good words. I will stop by some craft
store and will take a look. What worries me the most is my other
younger cat, she complains a lot for nothing since the passing of her
friend, which was more like a mother to her.
She knows the other one is gone and it's affecting her.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Old March 26th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lost my childhood kitty last year,
I made copies of all the photos of her and bought a special photo
journal. It had spaces for photos and places to write, so for each
photo I wrote a special memory or one of those little eccentric things
she used to do. Maybe you could make something like this?

I buried her at my parent's house, and found a paw print stepping
stone that I modifed to include her name and dates. The place I
ordered mine from no longer carries it, but here are some other
possibilities: http://www.onlinediscountmart.com/pe...al-stones.html

Old March 26th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

On 25 Mar 2007 08:57:59 -0700, varois83 wrote:

Hi

We recently lost our oldest cat of a mouth tumor, she was 15. I buried
her in our yard. I was wondering what kind of framed memorial I could
do for her.
I have pictures on disk and some prior to digital cameras, I also have
Photoshop CS which I can use without being a pro. I have a new printer/
scanner. I want to frame something like pictures of her with a few
words but don't know exactly where to start.
Also I would like to make a little tombstone with her name on it, on
her grave (A flat one). Shall I have one done, or could I manage
something from like a craft store kit?
I figured maybe someone has an idea before I get started.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Patrick, I am so sorry for your loss. When Poco died sixteen years ago, I
went to a regular stonecutter who makes stones for peoples' graves and got
a "pet stone" done. It's nice granite and has the dates and name. I had
planned to do the same thing for my Grady who passed away in January.

Rusty, who grew up with, and always lived with Grady, fusses a lot now too.
I just try to give him attention when he needs it since I'm the only other
"cat" left in his realm. (I once heard that our cats think of us as being
cats, just a lot bigger.) We used to play a game where I'd lie down on the
living room floor and no matter where Rusty and Grady were in the house,
they would come and lie with me, one at my feet and one at my head. We
called this game, "Lions on the Serengeti" and they always acted like I was
just another one of them.

Patty
Old March 27th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
varois83

The place I
ordered mine from no longer carries it, but here are some other
possibilities:http://www.onlinediscountmart.com/pe...al-stones.html

Renee thanks for the link, I thought I was going overboard with the
tombstone but I see there are websites selling them. We haven't got a
chance to go a craft store yet so I might just go with your site. I
will show them to my wife.
Patty thanks for the stories and good words. My mother always had a
bunch of cats and dogs while I was growing up, some I still miss 20
years after they passed away. When I see my mother we always have the
stories about that cat or dog when they did this or that and we laugh
a lot.
When I hear people tell me "Cats are all the same", boy are they
wrong, these little felines are night and day from one to the next.
The one that just passed was very shy and loved to go out and hunt,
and our younger cat still with us, loves to be with us no matter where
we are, and doesn't go too far out in the yard.

Thanks again

Patrick

Old March 27th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"varois83" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

We recently lost our oldest cat of a mouth tumor, she was 15. I buried
her in our yard. I was wondering what kind of framed memorial I could
do for her.
I have pictures on disk and some prior to digital cameras, I also have
Photoshop CS which I can use without being a pro. I have a new printer/
scanner. I want to frame something like pictures of her with a few
words but don't know exactly where to start.
Also I would like to make a little tombstone with her name on it, on
her grave (A flat one). Shall I have one done, or could I manage
something from like a craft store kit?
I figured maybe someone has an idea before I get started.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

I purchased a "headstone" from PetsMart for my Percy (buried in my back
yard) and placed it over his grave. They have two versions:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...t+memorial&N=2

or

http://tinyurl.com/2qd46h

AND

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...t+memorial&N=2

or

http://tinyurl.com/36t2df

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 28th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

wrote:

Hi

We recently lost our oldest cat of a mouth tumor, she was 15. I buried
her in our yard. I was wondering what kind of framed memorial I could
do for her.
I have pictures on disk and some prior to digital cameras, I also have
Photoshop CS which I can use without being a pro. I have a new printer/
scanner. I want to frame something like pictures of her with a few
words but don't know exactly where to start.
Also I would like to make a little tombstone with her name on it, on
her grave (A flat one). Shall I have one done, or could I manage
something from like a craft store kit?
I figured maybe someone has an idea before I get started.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

The best and most lasting memorial is to donate money to your local
no-kill shelter. The good you do will live on a long time.

Help with Memorial, please [email protected] Cat anecdotes 17 November 26th 06 10:24 PM
Memorial Service KaN Cat anecdotes 23 July 24th 05 04:18 AM
Happy Memorial Day, everykitty! Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Cat community 8 June 13th 04 11:55 PM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 04:52 AM