Application

Old April 26th 05, 05:44 PM
Philip

Default Application

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night when
you pass a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old Army friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
Could only be one passenger in your car? Think, before you continue reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of
a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus
you should save her first.

Or ... you could take the old friend because he once saved your life,
and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble
coming up with this answer. He simply answered: "I would give the car keys
my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital.

I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my
dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought
limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

However, the real world answer is to run the old lady over and put her
out of her misery, have sex with the perfect woman against the bus stop
sign, then drive off with the old friend for some beers.

I just love happy endings.

Old April 26th 05, 07:36 PM
Mary

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
What type of job was the application for..posting who-cares off-topic
stories on message boards?

I'm also assuming that the position was only open to men and lesbians,
since there was only a perfect woman at the bus stop, and no perfect man.

Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect man, although women can be
perfect FYI.

..just try getting a man to notice, though.

lol!

Old April 26th 05, 07:38 PM
CatNipped

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
What type of job was the application for..posting who-cares off-topic
stories on message boards?

I'm also assuming that the position was only open to men and lesbians,
since there was only a perfect woman at the bus stop, and no perfect man.

Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect man, although women can be
perfect FYI.

..just try getting a man to notice, though.

As someone just said in another thread - amen sistah! (I like that one
Mary, may I continue to use it?) ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 05, 04:59 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Philip" wrote:

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night when
you pass a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

I always find these problems that are supposed to be so hard are
really very easy.

3. The perfect woman you have been dreaming about.

The perfect woman I've been dreaming about doesn't actually
exist, so I can eliminate her. (Not from my dreams; she'll be
there again tonight, even if she has to take the bus to get
there.)

2. An old Army friend who once saved your life.

I'm ex-Navy. I don't care how many times he saved my life, if
he's Army, he's out.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

So, she's going to get the passenger seat of my spiffy '95
Lumina, babe-magnet car all wet, and then she's going to *die*
on me? I don't *think* so.

I'm looking at this trio in the rear-view mirror. QED.

--

Wayne M.
Old April 27th 05, 05:10 AM
Mary

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
"Philip" wrote:

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night when
you pass a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

I always find these problems that are supposed to be so hard are
really very easy.

3. The perfect woman you have been dreaming about.

The perfect woman I've been dreaming about doesn't actually
exist, so I can eliminate her. (Not from my dreams; she'll be
there again tonight, even if she has to take the bus to get
there.)

hahaha!

2. An old Army friend who once saved your life.

I'm ex-Navy. I don't care how many times he saved my life, if
he's Army, he's out.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

So, she's going to get the passenger seat of my spiffy '95
Lumina, babe-magnet car all wet, and then she's going to *die*
on me? I don't *think* so.

I'm looking at this trio in the rear-view mirror. QED.

--

Wayne M.

Very nice Wayne!