Fostering is *SO* worthwhile. :o)

Old May 9th 05, 07:09 PM
Helen Miles

Default Fostering is *SO* worthwhile. :o)

I had a lovely suprise saturday. The adoptive mom and dad of 2 very
sick, very feral, very timid and terrified kittens that I fostered in
September '04 stopped by out of the blue and knocked on my door. When I
got the kittens, they were infested with roundworm to the point they
were puking them up, had horrendous runny poo, and dry stark staring
coats. One of them, Mouse (now renamed Molly by her adoptive mommy) was
so scared, she would physically shake with fear when she was touched.

I was shown 2 pictures of two very much loved, sleek, healthy, friendly
confident young kitten-cats, who were clearly adored and in their
one-true-home.

*THAT* is what makes fostering worthwhile. The fact that I have made a
fundemental & significant difference to the lives of two feeling
sentient beings. Because of me, they will both have wonderful lives in a
safe, secure and loving home. It quite makes me all squishy inside.

Helen M

Old May 9th 05, 07:46 PM
Pat

"Helen Miles" wrote

snip

It quite makes me all squishy inside.

Me to0, Helen. Many congratulations!

Old May 9th 05, 07:54 PM
CatNipped

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:952bca047b7542bdbf2d1536f2c10e39.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

Sood on you, Helen. I think I'll be experiencing fostering for the first
time (if we don't keep Othello), and stories like yours are inspiring!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 08:04 PM
Marion

Oh, yes! How wonderful. And you just know that the adopting people are
delighted with their little friends when they take the trouble to visit
you!

I also foster for a rescue group. At the end of the adoption process, I
write my email address at the bottom of their copy of the form and
suggest that in a few weeks they might let me know how things are
going.

It's a real delight when I download mail and receive a message with
attached photographs, with an account of how wonderful and happy the
cat is! Usually the photographs show a brushed and contented cat
sprawled across someone's knees, or a relaxed and perky older kitten
mugging for the camera.
Those things cancel out the pain of parting with some of them at
adoption time.

Marion

Old May 9th 05, 08:21 PM
Victor Martinez

Awwww... you do an awesome job!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 9th 05, 09:36 PM
Irulan

It quite makes me all squishy inside.

And well should it make you feel all squishy inside. God bless your kind
soul.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 9th 05, 10:35 PM
polonca12000

Thank you so much for helping these and other kitties, Helen! What you do is
priceless!
Lots of best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old May 10th 05, 12:56 AM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

[...]

Squishy & *Beautiful*!!! WTG, Helen!

--

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau