Too Blink'in Smart

Old August 4th 05, 02:17 PM
Christine Burel

Default Too Blink'in Smart

That Omar! He knew something was up this morning; it was time for me to
take him in for his bloodwork again and I blew it....I knew I should've
blocked the doors off to our bedroom but he got that look in his eye before
I had a chance and off he galloped under the bed. And
feeding-the-other-cat-noises aren't working to lure him out either...sigh.
It's gonna be a waiting game today.
Christine

Old August 4th 05, 02:54 PM

Christine Burel wrote:
That Omar! He knew something was up this morning; it was time for me to
take him in for his bloodwork again and I blew it....I knew I should've
blocked the doors off to our bedroom but he got that look in his eye before
I had a chance and off he galloped under the bed. And
feeding-the-other-cat-noises aren't working to lure him out either...sigh.
It's gonna be a waiting game today.
Christine

How DO they know?? Can you believe once I got the carrier out too
early, Boots I guess saw it and KNEW, and I actually had to cancel the
appointment. I could not find her!
But Omar didn't see the carrier and he STILL knows....wow! That *is*
too blinkin's smart.

Sherry

Old August 4th 05, 09:51 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:

I leave the carrier out all the time to avoid these problems and
Persia *still* knows! It's that blink'in Mothership, I tell you! We
must find some way to disrupt communications! I'm going to have to
deal with this in the middle of September when I go on another trip.

Purrs for Omar's problems to be not much of a problem.

Jill

You do realise the Mothership monitors this group, don't you? Persia
will know by now that you're going away in September. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 4th 05, 11:11 PM
Christine Burel

I was supposed to take him in at 7 am and we finally got there at 8:30 am.
Christine
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 4th 05, 11:13 PM
Christine Burel

Thanks, Jill. We're still monitoring him every 3 weeks because of his
Addison's disease issues -- so Omar is a lot more primed to be wary than he
used to be. So far since he was diagnosed, he's needed one of his steriod
meds (via injection) every three weeks. We're trying to determine the
optimal oral dose for the other steriod med.
Christine

Old August 5th 05, 07:58 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:11:01 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

I was supposed to take him in at 7 am and we finally got there at 8:30 am.
Christine

Aw tht's nothing;-) Rocky managed to put off his snip job a whole week
by not showing up on the day I was originally going to take him in.
Course at the time he was not far being being feral, so it wasn't all
that unusual for him to not show up for a couple days.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 5th 05, 12:39 PM
jmcquown

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

I leave the carrier out all the time to avoid these problems and
Persia *still* knows! It's that blink'in Mothership, I tell you! We
must find some way to disrupt communications! I'm going to have to
deal with this in the middle of September when I go on another trip.

Purrs for Omar's problems to be not much of a problem.

Jill

You do realise the Mothership monitors this group, don't you? Persia
will know by now that you're going away in September. ;-)

Yes, but having no hoomin concept of time, they haven't told her exactly
*when* I'm going away Keeps her on her toes!

Jill

Old August 5th 05, 05:43 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
I was supposed to take him in at 7 am and we finally got there at 8:30 am.
Christine

So how is he doing? Omar is adorable, as are the rest of your kitties. He
was so friendly and such a love. Oh, Mandy has been asking me to tell you
"hi" and asking how all your family, bare and furry are doing. We all loved
our visit to your house and meeting your family and owners.

Pam S.

Old August 5th 05, 11:32 PM
Christina Websell

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
That Omar! He knew something was up this morning; it was time for me to
take him in for his bloodwork again and I blew it....I knew I should've
blocked the doors off to our bedroom but he got that look in his eye
before
I had a chance and off he galloped under the bed. And
feeding-the-other-cat-noises aren't working to lure him out either...sigh.
It's gonna be a waiting game today.
Christine

I never know exactly how they know, but somehow they do. My cats have
outside access 24/7 but when I was going to take BF in for his snip, the vet
said to keep him in overnight or I would find him missing in the morning
before his appointment.
Poor BF had the indignity of having to use a litter box. He prefers the
great outdoors.
It wasn't a proper litter box, as we don't have one, it was a washing up
bowl filled with earth from the garden, and worse than that, it was round.
He wowled and moaned to go out. I had to say no, of course. He "could not
*believe* it!!" He kept asking and asking. It made me sad to have to
ignore him. Eventually he put his bottom in the bowl, his front feet were
outside of it, and let go a huge wee. He looked at me while he was doing it
as if to say "now look what you made me do.." :-(

Tweed