At least someone around here has some sense.

Old November 14th 05, 07:35 PM
Jo Firey

Default At least someone around here has some sense.

My DH has decided for some arcane reason to stop taking all his medicine and
not to see his doctor anymore. I'd blame male idiocy only its the kind of
thing my mother would have done too.

None of this should be immediately life threatening and grownups (if you can
call him that) do get to make their own decisions.

Two of the results of his little experiment are that his constant cough is
far worse. And his eyes have started to itch. Particularly at night.

No surprise here Sherlock. You have gastric esophagus problems and quit
taking an acid blocker. You just might start getting heartburn and coughing
and getting hoarse. And if you quit taking your allergy medicine, well heck
your allergy to the cat sleeping on the bed might just come back too.

I finally realized something this morning. The cats have quit sleeping on
the bed. I 'm guessing all the coughing and carrying on was disturbing
their sleep. They do come in fairly early and keep an eye on me to see if I
show any sign of waking up to fill the food dish and let them out. But
other than that they have found other beds where they can get some peace and
quiet. If I weren't deaf I'd probably join them.

Jo

Old November 14th 05, 07:48 PM
No More Retail

Want some sweet revenge to knock some sense to him time for some Mexican
meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. he will start taking his medicine
again

Old November 14th 05, 08:25 PM

Jo Firey wrote:

No surprise here Sherlock. You have gastric esophagus problems and quit
taking an acid blocker.
Jo

Oh dear. He will be sorry for that. I can say that because I did the
same thing. I rocked along just fine for a few months, then all of a
sudden woke up in the middle of the night covered in sweat with
horrible chest pain. I ended up having the mediflight helicopter land
in the front yard and haul me to the ER. The cats didn't come out from
under the bed for days.
Turned out to be an esophogal abraison from (guess what)....not taking
the medicine for 2 months. It would be have been way less traumatic and
cheaper to just take the #@#% stuff like I was supposed to.

Sherry

Old November 14th 05, 08:32 PM
cybercat

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
My DH has decided for some arcane reason to stop taking all his medicine

and
not to see his doctor anymore. I'd blame male idiocy only its the kind of
thing my mother would have done too.

When my father died suddenly from a massive asthma-related heart
attack I was horrified to find two years of prescriptions--unfilled--
on his nightstand. Everything from cholesterol medicine to stomach
medicine to asthma medication. I still have the prescriptions to remind
me to try to be smarter/less self destructive than he was. He died at
age 67. Needlessly.

Old November 14th 05, 08:44 PM
Jo Firey

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jo Firey wrote:

No surprise here Sherlock. You have gastric esophagus problems and quit
taking an acid blocker.
Jo

Oh dear. He will be sorry for that. I can say that because I did the
same thing. I rocked along just fine for a few months, then all of a
sudden woke up in the middle of the night covered in sweat with
horrible chest pain. I ended up having the mediflight helicopter land
in the front yard and haul me to the ER. The cats didn't come out from
under the bed for days.
Turned out to be an esophogal abraison from (guess what)....not taking
the medicine for 2 months. It would be have been way less traumatic and
cheaper to just take the #@#% stuff like I was supposed to.

Sherry

He gets a copy of this with dinner tonight!

Thanks

Old November 14th 05, 09:49 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , Jo Firey
wrote:

My DH has decided for some arcane reason to stop taking all his medicine and
not to see his doctor anymore. I'd blame male idiocy only its the kind of
thing my mother would have done too.

None of this should be immediately life threatening and grownups (if you can
call him that) do get to make their own decisions.

Two of the results of his little experiment are that his constant cough is
far worse. And his eyes have started to itch. Particularly at night.

No surprise here Sherlock. You have gastric esophagus problems and quit
taking an acid blocker. You just might start getting heartburn and coughing
and getting hoarse. And if you quit taking your allergy medicine, well heck
your allergy to the cat sleeping on the bed might just come back too.

If the anti-acid drug is a histamine type 2 blocker such as ranitidine
or cimetidine, that will also have activity against allergy. The true
acid blockers like omeprazole will not.

If he's taking the first kind, it's even more evidence of allergy.
Old November 15th 05, 01:33 AM
Annie Wxill

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
.... If I weren't deaf I'd probably join them.
Jo

Jo,
Does this mean that the implant doesn't work after all?
Annie

Old November 15th 05, 04:16 AM
Jo Firey

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
... If I weren't deaf I'd probably join them.
Jo

Jo,
Does this mean that the implant doesn't work after all?
Annie

No, it has been wonderful. Only disappointment is I still can't really use
the telephone by myself. But I don't wear it at night. It gobbles up
batteries as it is, and it would irritate my ear even if it managed to stay
on all night. Without it I am profoundly deaf.

Jo

Jo

Old November 15th 05, 05:27 AM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:
No, it has been wonderful. Only disappointment is I still can't really use
the telephone by myself. But I don't wear it at night. It gobbles up
batteries as it is, and it would irritate my ear even if it managed to stay
on all night. Without it I am profoundly deaf.

I was wondering the same thing. Glad to hear it's still working. As for
DH, in a way I understand him. I take five different prescription
medicines in addition to the two kinds of insulin I inject, and I do
understand how frustrating it can be sometimes. At times, I look in
horror at the heaps slight exaggeration of meds I have to take and I'm
only 41. I hope he soon realises how much better he feels if he takes
the meds. In the meantime, purrs for the cats to find soft, warm and
quiet beds to sleep on.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi