The Princess Rita is ailing

Old September 8th 11, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default The Princess Rita is ailing

I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and she didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still cold and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so it's probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the world for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old September 8th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing
yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while
I lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and
she didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she
usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still
cold and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so
it's probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the
world for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Please do keep us informed! I hope it's nothing but kitty colds are
worrisome to us Meowmies.

Jill

Old September 8th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 03:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Jane
wrote:

I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and she didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still cold and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so it's probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the world for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I hate when they get things. I'd rather have the cold then one of the
kitties. For one thing, it's much cheaper!
Old September 8th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing
yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I
lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and she
didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she
usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still cold
and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so it's
probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the world
for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

***

Purrs for Princess Rita and her worried Meowmie.

Joy

Old September 8th 11, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jane wrote:

I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and she didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still cold and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so it's probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the world for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

It does sound like a cold, but it's good you're getting her checked out.
Purrs for Rita!

Joyce

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr

Old September 8th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing
yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I
lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb into bed with me, and she
didn't race up and down the hallway while I brushed my teeth, like she
usually does.

For what it's worth, her eyes and ears are clear and her nose is still cold
and wet, and she's eating and drinking and using the box properly, so it's
probably just a little cold, but I feel like the worst Meowmie in the world
for 'letting' her catch this thing. You know how it is.

I'll let y'all know what the vet says.

-----------
Purrs that Princess Rita will be fine.
Tweed

Old September 9th 11, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

I was right! The Princess Rita has a little cold. Her temperature was slightly elevated (103 degrees), and there was just the tiniest bit of congestion, but I caught it really early. I was given an antibiotic for 4 days, and she's had 2 doses already. She is no longer speaking to me, treats or no treats. LOL

But she is sneezing less already. The relief is enormous over here.

Jane
Old September 9th 11, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Oh, and I forgot to mention that she picked up a boyfriend at the vet's!! Barney, the shop cat, decided that he LIKED her a lot, and kept rolling over on the bench and rubbing on her carrier. Rita wasn't impressed.
I guess it's not a good idea to come on to a chick when she's not feeling well.

Old September 9th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Jane" wrote in message
I was right! The Princess Rita has a little cold. Her temperature was
slightly elevated (103 degrees), and there was just the tiniest bit of
congestion, but I caught it really early. I was given an antibiotic for 4
days, and she's had 2 doses already. She is no longer speaking to me,
treats or no treats. LOL

But she is sneezing less already. The relief is enormous over here.

Jane

***

Whew! I share your relief, although naturally you feel it more deeply.

Joy