Kitten won't eat kitten chow

Old August 30th 03, 10:58 PM
Medea Sisyphus

Default Kitten won't eat kitten chow

We hand rasied a litter & one kitten simply refused to eat
any kitty chow or dried food of any kind. When he was
about a year old, He started eating chow & now eats it
almost exclusively. All cats are unique. They never cease to
amaze me :-)
As for starving him, a cat will starve to death before eating
something he doesn't like. Feed him & be glad he is eating.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:38:20 -0400, Bill Reynolds
wrote:

We have been fostering 3 kittens since they were 5 days old. They are
now 7 weeks old last Monday.

We weaned them off the bottle at 5 weeks to a slurry of canned meat
and water.

At 6 weeks, one of the kittens started eating kitten chow and a few
days later a second one started also.

We still feed them a slurry morning and evening.

The last kitten refuses to eat the kitten chow and by the time they
get the meat slurry, he is absolutely ravenous. We have to give him
alone, a noon feeding. Any thoughts on when he might give the chow a
try or should we just let him starve to it?

TIA

Remove TIE to reply.

Old August 31st 03, 06:36 PM
Bill Reynolds

At least, if you still haven't declawed him yet.

Would cut off my own fingertips first. Cats have no say so in the
proceedure.

Remove TIE to reply.

Old September 1st 03, 02:41 PM
Katra

Bill Reynolds wrote:

The poster is nothing but a troll. Just ignore him. He has no clue about
cats.

Another judgemental squat to pee heard from.

I've lived with cats all my life (73 years) but this is the first time
I have fostered 5 day old cats.

BTW, I thought this was a place to exchange information.

Remove TIE to reply.

5 day old? And you are trying to feed it kitten chow???

You are either a troll or an idiot. :-P

I'm sure the poor thing is dead by now if you don't know how to foster
infant kittens...... sigh

K.

--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^ ^,,^

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Old September 1st 03, 06:19 PM
Bill Reynolds

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:18:58 +0000 (UTC), "~*SooZy*~"
wrote:

no she has had them since they were 5 days old they are 7 weeks now

Thanks SooZy.

Apparently you are the only one in the group who can understand the
written word.

BTW...I'm a tomcat type and all the kittens are doing well at 8 weeks.

Chunk, the polydactyl with 7 claws on each front paw and 5 on each
rear paw, is 2.35# now. The one who won't eat kitten chow is 1.93# and
doing well. I'm sure he will come around soon but since the other two
have been eating kitten chow for the last 10 days, I was wondering why
he wouldn't try it.

Remove TIE to reply.