Voyage of the Mouser: Nighttime Raid

Old July 26th 05, 04:58 AM
Mischief

Default Voyage of the Mouser: Nighttime Raid

It was night and all felines were fast asleep. Stanley was passed out
in his hammock on his back and his toes were twitching from him being
in a deep dream.

Suddenly a paw came flying out of nowhere and unhooked the end of the
hammock, sending Stanley tumbling to the ground with a thump. Stanley
instinctively poofed out and was about to let out a hiss when the paw
clamped over his mouth.

"Shhhhh!!! It's only me, stupid!"

"Captain!" Stanley whispered. "You scared me half to death! I was right
in the middle of a good dream too."

"Shhhhhhh!! I woke you up because I was hungry and was going to get a
midnight snack. Wanna come?"

"Captain, you KNOW we're not supposed to be sneaking around, especially
in the galley."

"Ah c'mon, don't be such a sissy. No one will know, we're cats for
crying out loud. Aren't you hungry?"

"I don't know...." said Stanley.

"I overheard one of the cats saying that there was TUNA in the galley."

"Tuna? Really?" Stanley's ears perked up.

"Yeah, and it's Cap'n Pine Cone's SPECIAL stash."

"Okay, you convinced me, let's go."

"Alright, but remember, we have to be VERY VERY quiet." said Captain.

Quietly they tiptoed past the rest of the sleeping crew and out the
door. Staying low to the ground, they crept up the stairs to the
quarterdeck. Captain was wary, and every few moments checked for
sounds of other cats. The last thing he needed was to be caught and
taken in front of Cap'n Pine Cone, yet again.

"Psssstttt!" Captain was so startled at this noise that she
inadvertently turned on the anti-gravity device in the pads of her feet
and shot three feet straight up into the air, hovered a fraction of a
second, whirled around and then landed facing Stanley. "Don't DO
that!" Captain exclaimed, "I think you just cost me one of my lives,
dang it!" "Sorry," Stanley replied,

They continued on and Captain suddenly stopped.

"What is it?" whispered Stanley.

"I dunno," said Captain, "I got a funny feeling. Like something like
this has happened before."

"What do you mean? No cat has ever attempted a night raid before."

"yeah, you're right it's nothing."

They continued on their way, stealthily darting around corners and down
hallways until they finally reached the galley. They pushed open the
door and peeked inside. Seeing that it was deserted they darted inside
with noses held high as they walked among the bins.

"Which one holds the tuna?" Said Stanley.

"I dunno," said Captain. "We might have to remove the tops to find
out."

"Wait! There's writing on this one." Stanley stood in front of a large
black bin. "What does it say?"

"Ummmm... It looks like it says, 'Cap'n Pine Cone's Secret Stash' We
FOUND it, Stanley!! We found it!"

"It's a HUGE bin. How are we going to get it open?"

"Let's both jump up on it and figure it out when we get there." said
Captain.

"It's pretty high, we're going to need a running start." THey both
walked away a distance and braced themselves.

"Ready?" said Captain. "Three....two....one...GO!" Both kittens took
off and went flying through the air and both landed on the top of the
bin. Suddenly the top collapsed and both cats when tumbling into the
bin. They fell head over heels into what seemed to be a tunnel. Down
they went, sliding and tumbling all the way, when suddenly the slide
came to an end and they went rolling over and over and suddenly came to
a stop in the middle of the floor.

Stanley was seeing stars. Everything around him was spinning. He
shook his head and a face came into focus. His eyes grew wide as it
became clearer.

"Sergeant Huey!" Captain and Stanley snapped to attention, but Captain
wobbled due to still being dizzy.

"Well done, kits." said Huey. "You lasted a full six weeks before
attempting a night raid. Fortunately it was something we were
expecting this time."

"How did you know?" asked Captain, still cross-eyed. Huey said
nothing.

"Ulp, how did you know, SIR?" said Stanley.

"Let's just say that this year we have some 'experience' in what to
expect." said Huey. "Now since you both have been caught, you will be
disciplined appropriately. Both kittens sulked.

"You will both report to Cap'n Pine Cone first thing in the morning.
Dismissed. Corporal Sammy will escort you back to your quarters where
you WILL go to bed. Understand?"

"Yes, sir." said both kittens sullenly. Corporal Sammy emerged from
the shadows and the three proceeded back to the crew quarters.

They walked in silence when Sammy spoke up. "I've got to hand it to you
kits. You managed to get through this relatively unharmed."

"Unharmed?" said Stanley. "We fell for a false bin of food!"

"We'll be the laughing stock of the crew!!" wailed Captain.

"Oh you'll both be fine. At least you didn't end up covered in flour,
cream and sardines."

Captain and Stanley stopped in their tracks. "Huh?"

"Never you mind. We're here now." said Sammy stopping in front of
their hammocks. Now, it's time for bed for you. G'night."

"G'night" Captain and Stanley got into their hammocks and Sammy left.

"I wonder what she was talking about; all that talk of cream, sardines
and flour?" said Captain.

"I'm not worried about that." said Stanley. "I'm more worried about
what Cap'n Pine Cone is going to say."

Captain gulped, and they both lay there, contemplating what would await
them in the morning.

hehehehehehe
to be continued (by anyone)

Old July 26th 05, 02:30 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

ROTFLMAO! *VERY* good Kristi! Thanks for the installment.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 27th 05, 05:17 AM
Mischief

The next morning, after Captain and Stanley had woken, washed and
visited the litterbox, Corporal Sammy came to take them to Cap'n Pine
Cone.

When they arrived at Cap'n Pine Cone's quarters, Sammy noticed that
both kittens were shaking a little.

"Oh relax," she said as she knocked. "I saw Cap'n Pine Cone several
times when I was a kitten. His meow is worse than his bite."

"He bites?"

"Sometimes..." Sammy grinned as the kittens slunk lower. "Come in"
said a voice from within.

Sammy pushed open the door and turned to the kittens. "Keep a stiff
upper lip."

Captain and Stanley slunk into the Captain's quarters.

Wish I could continue this, but I have a test to study for. :P

Kristi

Old July 27th 05, 11:39 AM
Gabey8

For the record, I'm LOL reading this, knowing full well that this is
*exactly* the way this particular pair of hoolikittens would operate.

Great job! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley