cat lady

Old February 18th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default cat lady

I am fostering a cat whose owner died of cancer last week. I didn't
know the woman, but a friend of mine did and she is allergic to cats and
had the cat at her house so I offered to take the cat into my one
bedroom apartment with my THREE cats.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and she told me she was going to
start calling me the "Cat Lady." Laughing, I asked, "What, not Crazy
Cat Lady?" She quickly came back and said she was just trying to be gentle!

So, I guess I have become a crazy cat lady.

The cat who put me over that line is a sweet little calico who is
adjusting pretty well to life in this dense household. My cats are
settling down quite well too. The biggest gripe at this point doesn't
seem to be that she exists anymore, that seems to be at least
acceptable. The biggest gripe now is that she is getting canned food
and they aren't. But it is all she is eating and I don't give it to
them so they are all drooling mouth when I open a can of food for her.
I have to literally drag them kicking and hissing out of the bathroom
while I give her a chance to eat.

It looks like she may have a new home to go to pretty soon, but before
then, she has a vet visit to clear up an eye problem that has her eyes
going goopy and her ears have a bacterial/yeast infection and she has
fleas. She'll be in to see the vet on Monday. My friend will pay for
it, so I don't have to worry about that. I just have to make sure I
take good care of her. And I can do that. I gave her a once over this
morning like I do all my cats once a week and that is all I found, so
she is doing pretty well. My friend is just glad that I know what to
look for so that she does get good vet care.

In the mean time, I will be treating EVERYone in the house for fleas,
including my new friend. That's why I keep flea treatment around, I guess.

Cheers,
Bridget
Old February 18th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
I am fostering a cat whose owner died of cancer last week. I didn't
know the woman, but a friend of mine did and she is allergic to cats and
had the cat at her house so I offered to take the cat into my one
bedroom apartment with my THREE cats.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and she told me she was going to
start calling me the "Cat Lady." Laughing, I asked, "What, not Crazy
Cat Lady?" She quickly came back and said she was just trying to be gentle!

So, I guess I have become a crazy cat lady

I think we became "Crazy cat people" when we took in the two 3-week-old
bitties, just before a cross country move, when we already had two
cats. We had good intentions to foster, but the fact we have 4 cats in
our 2 bedroom apt means....

You are wonderful to give that cat (who must be so lonely at losing her
slave) another chance.

--Fil

Old February 18th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

God bless you, Bridget. There is a special place in the RB for you when you
get there. Hope the little one finds a forever home soon.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 19th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bridget" wrote

The cat who put me over that line is a sweet little calico who is
adjusting pretty well to life in this dense household. My cats are
settling down quite well too. The biggest gripe at this point doesn't
seem to be that she exists anymore, that seems to be at least
acceptable. The biggest gripe now is that she is getting canned food
and they aren't. But it is all she is eating and I don't give it to
them so they are all drooling mouth when I open a can of food for her.
I have to literally drag them kicking and hissing out of the bathroom
while I give her a chance to eat.

Feed them all canned. It is better for them. I saw remarkable improvements
in coat, eyes, behavior, everything when I switched to all-canned.

Old February 19th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
I am fostering a cat whose owner died of cancer last week. I didn't
know the woman, but a friend of mine did and she is allergic to cats
and had the cat at her house so I offered to take the cat into my one
bedroom apartment with my THREE cats.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and she told me she was going
to start calling me the "Cat Lady." Laughing, I asked, "What, not
Crazy
Cat Lady?" She quickly came back and said she was just trying to be
gentle!

So, I guess I have become a crazy cat lady.

snip

Congratulations on becoming an official 'crazy cat lady' I think it's a
great compliment. Thank you for taking in the little girl, it must be
strange for her to loose her human.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 19th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:

I am fostering a cat whose owner died of cancer last week. snip
It looks like she may have a new home to go to pretty soon, but before
then, she has a vet visit to clear up an eye problem that has her eyes
going goopy and her ears have a bacterial/yeast infection and she has
fleas. She'll be in to see the vet on Monday. My friend will pay for
it, so I don't have to worry about that. I just have to make sure I
take good care of her. And I can do that. I gave her a once over this
morning like I do all my cats once a week and that is all I found, so
she is doing pretty well. My friend is just glad that I know what to
look for so that she does get good vet care.

In the mean time, I will be treating EVERYone in the house for fleas,
including my new friend. That's why I keep flea treatment around, I guess.

Cheers,
Bridget

Thank you so much for taking such good care of the foster kitty (and of
your kitties of course!).
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for foster kitty's health
problems to be minor,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 19th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:

It looks like she may have a new home to go to pretty soon, but before
then, she has a vet visit to clear up an eye problem that has her eyes
going goopy and her ears have a bacterial/yeast infection and she has
fleas.

Purrs for the vet visit. So glad she will have a new home to go to. But
does that make you not a crazy cat lady when you only have three left? ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 19th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:11:23 GMT, Bridget
wrote:

So, I guess I have become a crazy cat lady.

Top Ten Signs That You Are A "Crazy Cat Lady":

1. Your colleagues no longer ask how your weekend was. Instead they
ask how your cats are doing.

2. People at work have stopped offering you their lint brushes. They
realize it's hopeless anyway.

3. When you get your latest roll of film developed, there's not a
single human being in the pictures.

4. You have more cats than the local pet store and there are several
kitty litter boxes in every room of your apartment.

5. Your personal motto is: "You can never have enough cats."

6. You buy more than 60 pounds of cat litter a month.

7. You'd rather watch hours of boring infomercials than disturb the
cat sleeping on the remote.

8. You choose your friends based on how well your cats like them.

9. The only time you leave your apartment is to feed the stray cats in
the neighborhood.

10. You introduce your cats by name to the pizza delivery guy.

--
T.E.D. )
Old February 19th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Well that's me rumbled then! I'm a certified crazy cat lady!

Helen M

news

Old February 19th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

news
wrote:

So, I guess I have become a crazy cat lady.

Top Ten Signs That You Are A "Crazy Cat Lady":

1. Your colleagues no longer ask how your weekend was. Instead they
ask how your cats are doing.

Guilty.

2. People at work have stopped offering you their lint brushes. They
realize it's hopeless anyway.

3. When you get your latest roll of film developed, there's not a
single human being in the pictures.

Why else would you have a camera?

4. You have more cats than the local pet store and there are several
kitty litter boxes in every room of your apartment.

5. Your personal motto is: "You can never have enough cats."

6. You buy more than 60 pounds of cat litter a month.

7. You'd rather watch hours of boring infomercials than disturb the
cat sleeping on the remote.

No, but their are numerous compromises in the bed.

8. You choose your friends based on how well your cats like them.

9. The only time you leave your apartment is to feed the stray cats in
the neighborhood.

10. You introduce your cats by name to the pizza delivery guy.

That settles it, I'm a crazy cat lady.

--
T.E.D. )

Naughty little lady! Singh Cat anecdotes 5 June 19th 05 05:52 AM
My sweet little old lady cat O J Cat anecdotes 15 October 26th 04 04:28 PM
Lady Jane Grey Upside Down O J Cat anecdotes 26 October 1st 04 07:06 PM
The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM
Lucky and his Lady Marina Cat anecdotes 6 September 10th 03 06:29 AM