OT - If there is an afterlife...

Old June 17th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - If there is an afterlife...

.... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the supreme
being)?

My choices.... Leonardo DaVinci, Isaac Asimov (as mentioned in the "summer
reading" thread), Carl Sagan (just to what he has to say about being wrong
about an afterlife), Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, Alan Turing, Nikola
Tesla, Bertrand Russell, Plato - and many others, but those listed should
keep me busy for the better part of eternity! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 17th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the supreme
being)?

I'm a mystery fan. I'd like to find out who did it for various mysteries.
Vince Foster, to clear up that suicide thing. John Wayne, just to say hi
and thanks for the movies. Bob Hope for the same reason. Lee Harvey Oswald
to get his side of the story. Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi to
talk about a game plan for my next life, Albert Schweitzer and Eleanor
Roosevelt, ditto. Mama Cass to tell her thank you for the music, as with
Otis Redding, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Jimi Hendrix, and a host of
others (I'm very musically oriented), Shakespeare to find out what he's
written lately, Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, H. Beam Piper, and other Science
Fiction writers to thank them and find out what they've been up to since
they joined the summer world. All my feline and doggy friends (of course).
And a bunch of others that I haven't thought of but will as I mull this over
for the next few days.

Pam S. who tends to have that delayed reaction thing

Old June 17th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 17, 6:32*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the supreme
being)?

CatNipped

My RB kitties. Just to be able to smell their fur one more time, and
listen to their purrs and burbles as I scritch their favourite spots.
All those other people, sure they were important, but they weren't my
life and part of my soul.

And now I'm crying, sentimental fool that I am.

Helen M
Old June 17th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I thought about this and, my family didn't like me when they were here, for
the most part. Being "handicapped" they felt it was more bother than
anything. So, I will have to go with the animals that I loved and loved me
along the way.

I already know I will see the people that I loved that I met along life's
way so that isn't even a thought.

Old June 17th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I went and picked up Piglet after reading and answering. My furballs don't
like it when I cry. They go away and they come back and lay beside me.
Guess they don't want to get the top of their heads wet from tears.
"Matthew" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jun 17, 6:32 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme
being)?

CatNipped

My RB kitties. Just to be able to smell their fur one more time, and
listen to their purrs and burbles as I scritch their favourite spots.
All those other people, sure they were important, but they weren't my
life and part of my soul.

And now I'm crying, sentimental fool that I am.

Helen M

Nothing wrong with that

I don't believe in heaven the way most Christians do. To me it is a place
where all that I loved and all that loved me watch over and wait for me to
join the happiness and peace. I know in my heart the rainbow bridge
leads to places like this. And I can't wait to lay on the grass and have
all my furballs in my arms listening to their purrs, getting head butts
crying my eyes out for I get to see them happy and healthy again and be
with them.

I think I am going to go hold my furballs for awhile

Old June 17th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
.... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme
being)?

My ex-wife. To straighten things out. Assuming she was there when I was...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old June 17th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 17, 1:32*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the supreme
being)?

My choices.... Leonardo DaVinci, Isaac Asimov (as mentioned in the "summer
reading" thread), Carl Sagan (just to what he has to say about being wrong
about an afterlife), Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, Alan Turing, Nikola
Tesla, Bertrand Russell, Plato - and many others, but those listed should
keep me busy for the better part of eternity! *;

My thoughts would be more personal. My mom would be the first person I
would look up. That would make finding my friends Snowball, BD and
Feather easy, as they will be waiting for me with her. My Aunt Francis
will be down the way, with my cousin Larry and Futterman, his cat. My
grandmother and grandfather will be righ near their daughter and they
will have Viki, the Cocker they had when I was little. Bumpy, the dog
of my toddlerhood will be there, ready to tear into anyone who bothers
any of us, and Winnie and Sashi will have been the new arrivals
before me. I'll bring news, although they will know most of it, and we
will sit in the kitchen and talk for aeons. Of course, I won't live at
Mom's place; I'm too messy. But we'll be near enough that everyone,
and every fur one, can visit back and forth. Maybe I'd look up my dad
and his folks. Don't guess I want to carry a grudge to the Bridge. So,
yes, I'll look them up. And I'll have to find Scott, my bridge
partner, and some opponents.

I'll look up Mrs. White, a teacher, and a different Mrs. White, a
librarian and Co.l Martin, my CO, to thank them for lessons.

And I will look up some guys who shot at me, and some I shot, in the
summer of 1970, to say no hard feelings and hope they feel the same.
And maybe we will get together with the Col. and some of the boys and
have a beer.

And I'll find The Man Who Traveled in Elephants and his wife and his
dog.

Mabye, eventually, I'll have time to look up some celebrities. If the
Buddha or Jesus want to see me, they will know where to find me.

--
Will in New Haven
Old June 17th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Helen M: How's Cleo? (was: OT - If there is an afterlife...)

But who can blame you? You're under stress right now. How is Cleo doing?

--
Joyce

Thanks for all the purrs everyone - I was going to update in a
seperate post, but this reply will work equally well

I picked Cleo up at about 8pm from TEDs. She was OK through and
recovered very well from surgery, but the surgery was 2 hours and
she's lost all her teeth.
He didn't want her to go home tonight but we discussed it and because
she is such a worry wort he decided that she was better off at home,
rather than being transfered to the night duty out of hours vet at the
ER surgery where Michael puts all his patients overnight.

I thinks she'll make a good recovery, but she's a bit sore and sorry
for herself. Stoned out of her tiny kitty mind on painkillers!

Helen M

Old June 20th 08, 08:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
... who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme being)?

Julia Child

Jill