Herrings milt

Old June 22nd 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Herrings milt

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

How glad I was at that point that I've been able to teach N English slang
and conversational English in the 5 years we've been e-mailing. Her
English has improved out of all recognition from when I first knew her.
But I have to admit when she said to me (I was driving at the time) "Is
*bugger* a friendly word to say to people?" I had a hard time keeping my
steering wheel straight.
She is now clear on this ;-)

Tweed

One of my college English teachers was from London and had married an
American serviceman during WWII. She told us the story of the night she
met her future husband. They had a great time and made plans to get
together the next day. "You can knock me up at 8 tomorrow morning,

That is completely clear to me. It means knock on my door to wake me up at
8 am here, not "you are going to make me pregnant"

And while you are about it, if you disturb my sleep before 9 at the weekend
you are so, so dead.

Old June 23rd 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:
, if you disturb my sleep before 9 at the weekend
you are so, so dead.

Or as I say "The only acceptable excuse for waking me up on a Saturday
morning is that the flat is on fire- anything else shows very terminal
stupidity"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 23rd 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 23, 3:08*am, "LesleyM via CatKB.com" u40640@uwe wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

, if you disturb my sleep before 9 at the weekend

you are so, so dead.

Or as I say "The only acceptable excuse for waking me up on a Saturday
morning is that the flat is on fire- anything else shows very terminal
stupidity"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL! That's what I used to tell the kids on Saturday morning. If they
wake
me up, there better be either blood or smoke involved.

Sherry