not quite OT....

Old June 21st 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default not quite OT....

A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 21st 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"Irulan"
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

Leona Helmsley, who also owned The Empire State Building
was a mean crass woman who treated people like crap.
Shame on her.
BTW, did you know DOG, the Bounty Hunter and his wife got divorced?
Wierd couple, they
Hug
Kyla

Old June 21st 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Irulan" wrote

| The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

I could upkeep a lot more than one dog on that amount of money.

Old June 21st 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Irulan wrote:
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

That should be adequate for a lifetime's upkeep for the dog, but maybe
Ms. Helmsley didn't WANT to leave anything to her relatives! I have (I
hope) made it plain in MY will that the niece who ripped me off for some
$50,000 in CD's (by managing to get her name on as joint owner) will get
no more from me! (Assuming I have anything to leave, after taking that
large a hit!)
Old June 21st 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Pat wrote:
"Irulan" wrote

| The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

I could upkeep a lot more than one dog on that amount of money.

Obviously, Ms. Helmsley should have specifically disinherited the
grandkids, if that was her intention! (You'd think she would have had
an attorney who knew the correct wording to indicate that anyone not
named in her will was intentionally omitted.)

Old June 21st 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
That should be adequate for a lifetime's upkeep for the dog, but maybe
Ms. Helmsley didn't WANT to leave anything to her relatives! I have (I

My will clearly states that anybody not mentioned in it does not get a
dime.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 21st 08, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Irulan wrote:
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

That's just plain wrong. :-(
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 21st 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte' =^. .^=`

"Irulan"
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

Geez, that 'woman' who owned the Empire State Bldg and
treated hoomins like crap... But does a d*g need that much for the upkeep?
Think of all the charities that money could have gone to to help people and
animals.
Very selfish of Leona and bad judgement on the judges part IMO
Hug
Kylatte'
Yes, I changed my 'name'
I love latte's and DH is making me one right now G

Old June 21st 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 20, 8:21 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Irulan wrote:
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

That should be adequate for a lifetime's upkeep for the dog, but maybe
Ms. Helmsley didn't WANT to leave anything to her relatives! I have (I
hope) made it plain in MY will that the niece who ripped me off for some
$50,000 in CD's (by managing to get her name on as joint owner) will get
no more from me! (Assuming I have anything to leave, after taking that
large a hit!)

I remember your posts about the theft from your out-of-town bank
accounts
awhile back. Glad you at least got to the bottom of that business.

"Got to the bottom", yes - but not got the money back. Because her name
was on the accounts (and her mother is dead, so cannot testify that she
didn't authorize it) the police could do nothing. The District Attorney
there thought I'd stand a good change of getting a judgment for at least
half the money, but since it would mean hiring an attorney and traveling
to Wisconsin (from Arizona) when the case got to court, I figured I'd
better quit without sending good money after bad. (And a "judgment"
wouldn't guarantee I'd ever see any of the money!)
Old June 21st 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kylatte' =^. .^=` wrote:
"Irulan"
A judge in New York has taken 10 million dollars which was
inherited by hotel mistress Leona Helmsley's pet dog and
distributed the money to 2 of her grandchildren who were
left out of her will. The dog inherited a total of 12 million from
Helmsley who wanted the money to go to charity if/when the
dog died. The judge did leave 2 million for the dog's upkeep.

Geez, that 'woman' who owned the Empire State Bldg and
treated hoomins like crap... But does a d*g need that much for the upkeep?
Think of all the charities that money could have gone to to help people and
animals.
Very selfish of Leona and bad judgement on the judges part IMO
Hug

Are you saying the lady should not have the right to leave her money
however she chooses? Last time I looked, there's no law that says a
wealthy person loses the right to dispose of that wealth in any way they
choose, just because he/she is an unpleasant human being! (And who's to
know but her grand-children may be even worse than she?)