CAT LADY WANTED

Old July 6th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default CAT LADY WANTED

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

Hey now! Wait a minute! We perverts are people too, y'know. Being a
pervert doesn't keep *me* from loving my cats. :-)

But seriously, folks. The term is just a put-down without any meaning,
since human sexuality is so diverse and multi-faceted. All of us are
perverts in *someone's* eyes, and none of us can claim that our
sexuality is mainstream -- because there is no mainstream.

You are so right. Forty years ago, everyone would've been calling gay
people perverts, but now the only people who say that are frothing anti-
gay fanatics. Most decent people have learned by now that there's nothing
perverted about it. But it seems like people have to learn the same
lessons over and over, every time some new idea is presented.

I don't always *like* what some people do, but that doesn't mean I think
it's morally wrong, unless somebody's being forced against their will, or
is underage, or not human. Fantasies don't force anyone to do anything,
they don't hurt anyone, so why is everyone up in arms about it??

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 6th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Do you see no distinction at all between fantasies or stories about
incest and real child abuse?

Well. You might say the same about people who download child porn. Is it a
fantasy or not? Does it mean they will *actually* go on to abuse children?

Not the same thing at all. If you're looking at a child porn photo,
that means that at some time, that child was forced to do those acts in
front of a camera. So in that case, sexual abuse actually *did* take place.
That's why it's illegal. Not because some guy is getting off on it.

When someone writes about incest fantasies, no child has to be involved
in the creation of the story. So it's just someone spinning out tales
from his fantasies. You might find that offensive, but that doesn't give
you or anyone the right to stop them from doing it. As Wayne said,
fantasizing is not a predictor of future behavior. And you can't prosecute
a crime that *might* happen.

I mean, what's next? Should we be alarmed about people who write murder
mysteries? After all, murder is pretty harmful.

Old July 6th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Sherry wrote:

It seems to me
that a person who has posted seeking a real-life person to roleplay
has already acted on the fantasy to some degree. No?

An interesting question. I'm not aware of any research which has
specifically asked the question whether role-play increases the odds of
breaching the consent barrier. As a guess, I would say probably not.
For the most part, people who act on the proper side of the consent
barrier do so because they are aware of the barrier and prefer to be on
that side.
--

Wayne M.
Old July 6th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Wayne Mitchell wrote in
:

Sherry wrote:

It seems to me
that a person who has posted seeking a real-life person to roleplay
has already acted on the fantasy to some degree. No?

An interesting question. I'm not aware of any research which has
specifically asked the question whether role-play increases the odds of
breaching the consent barrier. As a guess, I would say probably not.
For the most part, people who act on the proper side of the consent
barrier do so because they are aware of the barrier and prefer to be on
that side.

I would guess the same plus I am very leary of any "leads to" argument OR
research. Somehow they always seem to start with a conclussion and then
try to prove it.

Old July 6th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message

You are so right. Forty years ago, everyone would've been calling gay
people perverts, but now the only people who say that are frothing anti-
gay fanatics. Most decent people have learned by now that there's nothing
perverted about it. But it seems like people have to learn the same
lessons over and over, every time some new idea is presented.

I don't always *like* what some people do, but that doesn't mean I think
it's morally wrong, unless somebody's being forced against their will, or
is underage, or not human. Fantasies don't force anyone to do anything,
they don't hurt anyone, so why is everyone up in arms about it??

Personally, I don't care what you do, so long as all parties are consenting
and no children or animals are involved. That being said, there is no way
I'd consider incest as consenting as one party is in a dominance position
either real or implied.

Pam S.

Old July 6th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Changed to recipes

On Jul 4, 1:55*pm, "Matthew" wrote:

Tonight for dinner * 1/2 pound *ground chuck burgers stuffed with bacon and
cheddar cheese * *cooked medium *toasted sesame seed buns * with *crispy
onion rings on the side

Tonight for dinner- since we both have a touch of flu and I can't be
asked to cook-ready made sweet and crispy salad, peppered beef. shop
brought coleslaw...

Hmm...can I come to yours for dinner?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 6th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 5, 9:22*pm, hopitus wrote:

A partial answer to the "canister vac" preference - did you know that
even Dyson
has a canister model now? - is that they are *easy* and light to "drag
around
behind you" and....(ahem) they are *cute* and usually come in bright
colors.

I have had a cylinder Dyson for 6-7 years- weighs next to nothing and
is a rather flashy green and purple. It isn't specifically labelled
for animal hair but it does pick everything up especially cat litter I
have it sitting next to the bathroom so that every day I plug it in,
turn the hose round and in seconds the only cat litter in the bathroom
is in the litter tray!

The only hassles is that's it awkward to get the chamber off with one
person and this time of year Dave daren't give me a hand because with
as much care as possible you'll still get some dust flying up and he's
in the middle of the hay fever season

Old July 6th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 1:55 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

Tonight for dinner 1/2 pound ground chuck burgers stuffed with bacon and
cheddar cheese cooked medium toasted sesame seed buns with crispy
onion rings on the side

Tonight for dinner- since we both have a touch of flu and I can't be
asked to cook-ready made sweet and crispy salad, peppered beef. shop
brought coleslaw...

Hmm...can I come to yours for dinner?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Sure come on by it will be along flight across the pond but I will make a
fresh batch for you

Old July 6th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

hopitus wrote:
On Jul 5, 11:45 am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
Jofirey wrote:
After a quick google search, I doubt you will find many new friends
here.
I don't follow this. A google search for what? What does that have
to do with friends?
Lots of people have found friends here. Why shouldn't John?
For the record I doubt the pervert even had a cat named Shadow.
This was rather mean. What makes him a "pervert" exactly? That he
wants to meet a woman to go out with? What is perverted about that?
And I think it's a bit callous to deny there was ever a cat when the
guy is clearly grieving.

I think you are too trusting, Joyce - I've never bothered to run a
Google search on anyone, because I don't really care that much, and am
not quite sure how to do it. However it is apparently quite simple to
search for all of a given poster's newsgroup posts, and the samples
Matthew relayed from alt.stories.incest would seem to underline the
"perversion" accusation, wouldn't you say?

BTW, where do you guys get the idea he recently lost a cat? Certainly
not from anything he posted on THIS thread - which was the one in which
most of us were replying!

An unexpected ROFLMAO thread today. Yeah, Evelyn, it IS very easy; I
do
it all the time....find yourself a good hacker ng, lurk there awhile
(but be very
careful what you post there, *if* you post there) and you learn all
kinds of
spy stuff and Googling is the least of it. Those of you (of course no
one like
that in rpca, LOL) who *think* you sneak off to various questionable-
in-some-
opinions ng's, think again. The only way you get away with not being
found
out is to use different nicks which will not end up on your record for
this ng.
My only question is why did this dude think he would find what he is
looking
for in rpca? LOLOLOLOL.

Perhaps he subscribes to the out-dated notion that all cat-people are
frustrated old maids? ;-)
Old July 6th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

wrote:

I think you are too trusting, Joyce

LOL, that's the first time anyone's ever accused me of that. Most
people think I'm too paranoid.

In any case, I wasn't planning to answer it, so I'm not *that* trusting.

I've never bothered to run a
Google search on anyone, because I don't really care that much, and am
not quite sure how to do it. However it is apparently quite simple to
search for all of a given poster's newsgroup posts, and the samples
Matthew relayed from alt.stories.incest would seem to underline the
"perversion" accusation, wouldn't you say?

OK, I guess we're even. You didn't see the cat post, and I didn't see
the incest posts. All I saw was a reasonable-looking personals ad -
posted in an inappropriate place, perhaps, but not evil in itself.

Alright, I'll look at all the unread messages and see if I can find
that one.

BTW, where do you guys get the idea he recently lost a cat?

Again, you apparently missed that post. Maybe your server never got it.

I arrange my newsgroup messages by "Subject", so I read all those under
each title-heading before progressing to the next one. This title came
well ahead of the one about his dead cat.

Update on old lady cat ~Echo~ Cat health & behaviour 2 April 8th 06 03:49 AM
cat lady Bridget Cat anecdotes 16 February 20th 06 04:13 PM
Cat Lady [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 June 12th 05 03:57 PM
Such a little lady O J Cat anecdotes 102 October 13th 04 03:04 AM
The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM