|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Tom Varney of the Secret Service then told the judge that he believed
Cummings to be a major threat to society and that he was concerned
because of the upcoming presidential campaign. It was unclear if he
was actually implying that Cummings would somehow be a threat to the
president but the judge and the police listened intently.
This was the first time a Secret Service agent had come to their town.
Varney continued to describe the threatening items that had been found
in Cummings' residence: a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook, publications
from Loompanix, a mag stripe read head (no electronics) which "could have
been used" to commit fraud, and material thought to be C4 but later
proven not to be. However, Varney said, the fact that it could have been
showed how serious this was. Nobody questioned his logic.
Wow, I'd better throw out my copy of "The Anarchist's Cookbook", eh?.
Oh wait: it would be more fitting if I blew it up.
* C-SPAN Television, Wednesday June 5th, 1997
* Andrew Grove, Chairman & CEO of Intel Corporation, is asked whether
* bomb-making information should be censored from the Internet.
* "No. The same information is available in libraries, and we don't
* censor libraries, nor should we. When I was thirteen I built a
* nitroglycerin bomb. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do,
* and I knew someone who had their hand blown off, but I am
* adamantly against censoring such material."
* "And unlike a library, a parent can buy a program that uses keyword
* monitoring to disallow Internet traffic per the parents' wishes.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 9.8.6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|rec.pets.cats: Maine Coon Cats Breed-FAQ||Valerie Johnston||Cat Information||0||January 23rd 06 05:47 AM|
|misc cat stuff (sorta long)||JB||Cat anecdotes||8||December 17th 05 02:16 AM|
|rec.pets.cats: Maine Coon Cats Breed-FAQ||Valerie Johnston||Cat Information||0||October 25th 05 05:34 AM|
|rec.pets.cats: Maine Coon Cats Breed-FAQ||Valerie Johnston||Cat Information||0||July 26th 05 05:33 AM|
|Misc purrs requested||Dan and Nancy Mahoney||Cat anecdotes||29||September 11th 03 10:57 PM|