patch of fur missing

Old October 14th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default patch of fur missing

naked on the phone wrote:
another male cat i had loved to take showers with me

I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower

he loved it

he would cry to get in (once in a while)

All my cats have avoided water like the plague. As expected. Never
had any Siamese, I know they like water. But little Muezza.Glorio,
my new kitten (Hah! he is already 6 pounds!) seems to love water,
and he has been haunting the bathtub ever since he discovered it.
Well, yesterday I took a long, hot bath, and little guy spent the
whole time showing off his balancing prowess by walking back
and forth along the edge of the tub. And trying to play with the
water with his paws.

I spent the whole time waiting to catch him. He never fell.
Until I started emptying the bath and it was down to a few
inches of water, and plop he slipped right in (I think it was
a "deliberate" mistake if you ask me...he just didn't want to
admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.

What a suck!!

--tension

Old October 14th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
ups.com...
naked on the phone wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a total doll!!

Old October 15th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

naked on the phone wrote:
[...]

LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'

Old October 15th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

naked on the phone wrote:
[...]

You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!

--tension

Old October 15th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

meeee wrote:
"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.

What a suck!!

--tension

LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'

Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is). He was much
more appreciative when I stopped laughing, and started
assiduously rubbing. "Datz more lyke it!!"

--tension

Old October 15th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote
Sounds like a total doll!!

You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!

I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

Old October 15th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote

Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is).

If I laugh at my feisty tuxedo Boo, she stares at me over
her should and "gives me the tail." She has kind of a short
tail and she flicks it hard, straight up. I have no doubt it means
*&%$ you, stupid human!*

Old October 15th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
oups.com...

meeee wrote:
"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.

What a suck!!

--tension

LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'

Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is). He was much
more appreciative when I stopped laughing, and started
assiduously rubbing. "Datz more lyke it!!"

--tension

Awww they're soooo cute!!!

Old October 15th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"cybercat" wrote in message

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote
Sounds like a total doll!!

You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!

I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

yes!! out of all my cats, the rescued one is the sweetest. she always knows
when i'm sick, and cuddles me and grooms my hair. she is such a sweety, she
even tries to make friends with our dogs!!

Old October 16th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default KMW (Kitten Malaria Warning): New Kittenz R Kyoot!!

cybercat wrote:
I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

Aw! It's so true...I have said it several times that Muezza.Glorio
seems to be downright grateful to be here. I brought him home
from the vet who is considered the local shelter by many people,
apparently, and someone had brought this little one in having
found him literally wandering in the street....so God only knows
what he went through in the first few weeks of his life.

Luthien, on the other hand, was brought to my house
straight from her litter at six weeks of age, and has
never known hardship until she voluntarily accompanied
Zildjian (RB) in her ferality over about a five year period.
She is now fourteen (today!) and after two years of
being back in the house, after Zildjian died, she is
finally warming back up and coming to bed, and
crawling on me. Very speedily, I might add, lately,
which I think might be on account of a leeeettle
jealousy of the leeettle kitten!! So all in all,
we are a happy bunch.

Here's some new pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos