Aggie Marble Jan 1993 - Mar 2009

Old April 13th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default Aggie Marble Jan 1993 - Mar 2009

Thank you David very much. Yes indeed, she was a special cat, different, at
times a puzzle, the sweetest kitty in the world other times and a mystery
much of the time. But we loved her no matter what persona she was wearing
that day. I appreciate your kind words.
Charleen

"David" wrote in message
"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
ng.com...
Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Aggie Marble was my Girlfriend. We were the only females in a house full
of males for many years. At night she would lie on my tummy/chest while
I read and patted her at the same time. She would purr and head butt my
book.

Her kidneys failed. She and I and Dr. Hernandez worked very hard to make
this all come out alright. But when I took her to the clinic again she
had lost her zest, she was tired, she had started vomiting, her values
were high again.

As I petted her she was so completely relaxed, not a bit tense as she
usually is in the vets office. It was time to let her go to where she
would feel well again.

Aggie Marble was 16 years and two months old. David and I are so glad
that other family didn't want her and we got her. She made quite an
impact on our lives and we hope we did on hers.

Charleen, a very sad Kitty Mom

I'm so sorry. It sounds like she was a special kitty, and that you had a
special place in her heart, and she in yours!

Purrs for your healing!

David

Old April 13th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you Kim. They will find her under a bench in the park I'm sure. She
was not a mingler, we've had friends come to the house for years who never
saw her. I'm sure the RPCA-RB Crew will make her very welcome and
comfortable. I know you understand, thank you for the comforting words.
Charleen

"Lucys Mom" wrote in message
Charleen Welton wrote:
Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Aggie Marble was dumped in my arms when she was a kitten because she was
"a good pet." The people who had her didn't know she was a feral cat.
She ran under our bed and stayed there for nine and a half years coming
out at night for food and to use the litter box. The day she walked into
the living room David and I just couldn't believe what we were seeing, we
were so glad for her and for us.

Aggie Marble had problems, many problems with UTI's and there were always
litter box situations. We were told by one vet that Aggie also had
ISSUES, that had to be taken care of by a feline behavorist.

Aggie didn't like any of the other cats. She didn't ever like other
people. She often came into the public rooms of the house when food or
treat cans or bags were being opened. Sometimes she would lie under the
dinning room table and watch what was going on but was very content to
not join in and stay under the bed. She didn't go outside by her own
choice.

[...]

I'm so very sorry, Charleen. Darn, I know how this hurts. I've sent a
message to Tiger, Casper, and Shadow to show her around....

--Eric, Kim and the crew

Old April 13th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

How kind of you for lighting a candle for Aggie. She was ready Steve. She
was relaxed when we went to the vets clinic, she didn't fuss or try to get
back into the carrier. I said Good-Bye with a gentle hug and a kiss between
her ears. I know that she is better off now. Thanks for the hug and purrs.
Charleen

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
(((Charlene)))))

Hugs and purrs for those left behind. A candle will be lit for her
journey.

Old April 13th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Charleen Welton" wrote:
As I petted her she was so completely relaxed, not a bit tense as she
usually is in the vets office. It was time to let her go to where she
would
feel well again.

Aggie Marble was 16 years and two months old. David and I are so glad
that
other family didn't want her and we got her. She made quite an impact on
our lives and we hope we did on hers.

Charleen, a very sad Kitty Mom

I was very sad and surprised to hear that Aggie is now gone. I
remember when you told me and Suz about what a funny cat she was to
have lived under the bed for nine years before coming out. I'm glad
she had a good many years with you out from under the bed too.

It is strange for a cat to live under a bed for nine years. But Aggie
Marble was a strange cat! We had seven years where she would come out
durning the day and we were around, so she could get her food, use the
litter box, lie under the dinning room table and watch what the other cats
were doing. Her life motto was Don't Ask, Don't Tell. She wasn't interested
in anything except food and the litter box and reading with me at night. She
was happy if those things were happening. I do miss her.
Charleen

Old April 13th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thanks Ginger-Lyn, It was wonderful to see her develop even though it took a
very long time. She was a funny cat without meaning to be funny. One thing
she did often was to combine a yawn and a meow. It was comical but we
certainly could not let her know we thought so! Only once did she ever get
outside, I didn't realize she had. I started to hear the most unGodly
screeching, wailing, meowing at the top of the range. She was OUT and
wanted IN immediately and I don't think she would have cared who let her in,
a stranger walking by would have been okay. I'll miss her silly ways.
Thanky you for understanding.
Charleen
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Charleen}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sad for your loss. You wrote a wonderful tribute to Aggie Marble.
Bless your very big heart for taking in and working with a feral kitty,
one who was very lucky in that she got to love and be loved. You will
always carry her in your heart.

Blessings and purrs,

Ginger-lyn and former feral Brando

Old April 13th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Dear Christine, Thank you very much for your kind and comforting words. I
miss Aggie the most at night when she would lie on my tummy/chest and read
with me. If there is anyplace that Aggie Marble can be comfortable it will
be on this side of the Rainbow Bridge with other RPCA Rainbow Bridge
kitties. I appreciate your kindness as you have been through this before as
many of the RPCAer have and know how the heart hurts.
Charleen

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
I'm so very sorry for your loss - I truly enjoyed reading about her here
on rpca from your posts. Hugs and purrs for your heart to heal. Sending
purrs and purrayers for her meeting at the Bridge with our parted furry
friends.
Christine

Old April 13th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Hi Pam, thanks for the lovely comment. Aggie was, indeed, all those things.
I dropped a note to the people who "dumped" her on us and thanked them for
giving us the gift of Aggie Marble. Haven't heard any thing back from them.

Does Mandy have her own email or do I reach her through you? Mandy will
hold a special place in my heart because she was the only person who ever
went out of their way to meet her. When told that Aggie was under the bed
every one else just dropped it, this is over a course of 16 years. Mandy
didn't; she's a special cat person and I'd like to let her know how much
David and I appreciate her.

I wish we had better pictures of her but hiding as she always did didn't
give us much of an opportunity to get a "portrait."

Give our best to all the family and I hope that we are able to all get
together again.

Charleen

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Charleen Welton wrote:
Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Aggie Marble was dumped in my arms when she was a kitten because she was
"a good pet." The people who had her didn't know she was a feral cat.
She ran under our bed and stayed there for nine and a half years coming
out at night for food and to use the litter box. The day she walked into
the living room David and I just couldn't believe what we were seeing, we
were so glad for her and for us.

I'm so sorry Charleen. You and Aggie were so lucky to have each other.
She was a lovely lady and a challenge. Mandy was so proud that she got
her to let Mandy love on her.

Pam S. saddened

Old April 13th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you very much. I appreciate you comforting words.
Charleen

. ..
wrote:

Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Condolence purrs from our family to yours.
--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Old April 13th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Dear Polonca and your ray of sunshine, Soncek,
Thank you so much for thinking of us. Aggie Marble is now comfortable and
healthy again at the RB. We are still hurting but understand that life goes
on and we have four other cats to care for: 14 year old Victor Velcro, the
two mini-monsters Tiger and Tigger who will be one year old on the 16th of
this month and the newest addition, Lady Jane, whose birthday is also on the
16th of this month, she will be one year old also. Thank you for your kind
words. Please give Soncek striches behind his ears for us.
Charleen

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

I'm so very sorry.
Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 13th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"chupie" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 3:21 pm, "Charleen Welton" wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry to read this, Charleen. She was so well loved.

Thank you Karen, it still feels very strange in the house without her being
here. For an 8 pound cat she sure had a big presence. Yes, she was very
well loved even though she didn't make that easy. She was my first
experience with a feral cat. My heart goes out to them for their fear, not
knowing how to adjust because they don't understand what they are suppose to
adjust to. We all, Aggie included, made the very best of it and I think
that we all came out the better for her being here. Thank you again for your
kindness.
Charleen