Recipes for the Mouser

Old April 27th 05, 10:02 PM
Julie Cook

Default Recipes for the Mouser

I just checked in quickly before leaving work for the day and it appears
it is recipe time. I found a site with some great recipes and it
includes recipes for pets so I'm posting one I found that would work for
the Mouser voyage:

Kitty Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 (6 ounce) can tuna in oil, undrained
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon grease
1 egg

Combine all ingredients; mix well; add small amounts of water if mixture
is too thick. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to
1/4-inch thick. Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart
on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or
until firm. Allow to cool on wire racks.

Old April 27th 05, 10:27 PM
tanada

Julie Cook wrote:

I just checked in quickly before leaving work for the day and it appears
it is recipe time. I found a site with some great recipes and it
includes recipes for pets so I'm posting one I found that would work for
the Mouser voyage:

Kitty Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 (6 ounce) can tuna in oil, undrained
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon grease
1 egg

Combine all ingredients; mix well; add small amounts of water if mixture
is too thick. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to
1/4-inch thick. Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart
on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or
until firm. Allow to cool on wire racks.

Julie, can you post this on the blog as well, Please?

Pam S. happy to see new stuff coming for the Mouser
Old April 28th 05, 04:35 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:02:26 -0400, Julie Cook
wrote:

I just checked in quickly before leaving work for the day and it appears
it is recipe time. I found a site with some great recipes and it
includes recipes for pets so I'm posting one I found that would work for
the Mouser voyage:

Kitty Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 (6 ounce) can tuna in oil, undrained
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon grease
1 egg

Combine all ingredients; mix well; add small amounts of water if mixture
is too thick. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to
1/4-inch thick. Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart
on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or
until firm. Allow to cool on wire racks.

You know, this is basically the same recipe I use sometimes for tuna
croquettes, except that I add some spices and generally use (uncooked)
oatmeal instead of flour. The oatmeal or flour serves as a binder.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Tour of the Mouser Mischief Cat anecdotes 0 April 17th 05 11:03 PM
Sharing Recipes Sherry Cat anecdotes 17 October 20th 04 05:27 AM
Recipes: Cat variety Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 58 September 7th 04 05:46 AM
Tales from the Mouser (almost). Frank and Nikki prepare to receive their guests Marina Cat anecdotes 33 August 24th 04 03:50 AM
Tales from the Mouser: The Elders (long) Julie Snowshoe Cat anecdotes 27 August 22nd 04 10:17 PM