Lovely Day for the Kitty Walk Enclosure!

Old May 30th 05, 03:47 PM
jmcquown

Default Lovely Day for the Kitty Walk Enclosure!

With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at all humid.
Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for the time being).
She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure, chattering at the birds and
squirrels, sniffing the air, looking very relaxed.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old May 30th 05, 04:26 PM
Catnipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at all

humid.
Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for the time being).
She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure, chattering at the birds and
squirrels, sniffing the air, looking very relaxed.

KNOCKING LOUDLY ON WOOD Actually it's quite mild here right now. DH went
out and bought four more fans, we opened all the window that had screens the
cats haven't shredded. It stormed really hard here last night and that
cooled it off a lot.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old May 30th 05, 04:30 PM
jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:
With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at all
humid. Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for the
time being). She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure,
chattering at the birds and squirrels, sniffing the air, looking very
relaxed.

Jill

Poor thing was just dive-bombed by a bluejay who came to eat with her young
one. Persia was just sitting there watching, it's not like she could get to
them or anything. But the mama Jay really freaked her out, diving at her
and squawking up a storm! Persia was yowling at me, pawing at the exit door
of the enclosure, "Get me away from this crazy bird!" Poor thing She's
still shaken by the experience. I do think she has a greater appreciation
of Peaches the lovebird now.

Jill

Old May 30th 05, 04:38 PM
jmcquown

Catnipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at
all humid. Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for
the time being). She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure,
chattering at the birds and squirrels, sniffing the air, looking
very relaxed.

KNOCKING LOUDLY ON WOOD Actually it's quite mild here right now.
DH went out and bought four more fans, we opened all the window that
had screens the cats haven't shredded. It stormed really hard here
last night and that cooled it off a lot.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Storms down here in the southern U.S. can be such a blessing! I've told
this story before, I'm sure, but about 3 years ago we had a *nasty* storm
blow through that knocked out electricity all over on a long-term basis. I
was without power for a week (many were worse off in more rural areas) and
had to cook outside (and of course use up the defrosting contents of the
freezer). It was July, IIRC. But nice and cool!! I can only imagine if it
had been it's normal 98-100F for those 5 days without even being able to run
a fan!

We truly are spoiled. Imagine what it was like before anyone down here had
electricity and had to wear tons of volumnous clothing in order to be
"proper".

Jill

Old May 30th 05, 04:42 PM
Catnipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Catnipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I really wish we had some way to know exactly what the temperatures were
like back then. It's just had to imagine anyone living in this heat and
humidity without even a fan (and as you said with layers and layers of
clothes! I really think it must be hotter than it used to be.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 30th 05, 04:59 PM
jmcquown

Catnipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Catnipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Possibly it was less hot. Unfortunately, the historical data on Farmer's Al
manac online only goes back to 1973 (even though it was first published in
the 1700's). There's another factor for the heat to consider - pavement and
concrete. I live away from the city. I always noticed it was much cooler
here at home than when I was at the office, in a business area surrounded by
buildings and roads.

Jill

Old May 30th 05, 05:01 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:47:07 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at all humid.
Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for the time being).
She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure, chattering at the birds and
squirrels, sniffing the air, looking very relaxed.

Jill

Awww! Poifect!

Theresa
Old May 30th 05, 05:03 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:30:47 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

jmcquown wrote:
With pardons to Catnipped, it's 71F here, light breeze and not at all
humid. Persia insisted it's a "patio day" for her (at least for the
time being). She's meatloafing in her Kitty Walk enclosure,
chattering at the birds and squirrels, sniffing the air, looking very
relaxed.

Jill

Poor thing was just dive-bombed by a bluejay who came to eat with her young
one. Persia was just sitting there watching, it's not like she could get to
them or anything. But the mama Jay really freaked her out, diving at her
and squawking up a storm! Persia was yowling at me, pawing at the exit door
of the enclosure, "Get me away from this crazy bird!" Poor thing She's
still shaken by the experience. I do think she has a greater appreciation
of Peaches the lovebird now.

Jill

Oh Gawd, it's so traumatic when your prey turns around and makes a run
at you-- especially when they're big and can FLY. :0 Shades of Cary
Grant and "North by Northwest."

Theresa
Old May 30th 05, 05:42 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:30:47 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Poor thing was just dive-bombed by a bluejay who came to eat with
her young one. Persia was just sitting there watching, it's not
like she could get to them or anything. But the mama Jay really
freaked her out, diving at her and squawking up a storm! Persia was
yowling at me, pawing at the exit door of the enclosure, "Get me
away from this crazy bird!" Poor thing She's still shaken by
the experience. I do think she has a greater appreciation of
Peaches the lovebird now.

Jill

Oh Gawd, it's so traumatic when your prey turns around and makes a run
at you-- especially when they're big and can FLY. :0 Shades of Cary
Grant and "North by Northwest."

She was indeed traumatized and has been sticking to me like glue since I let
her back in. She's also talking to me a lot, as if to say, "Mom, you should
have seen what that bird was doing! It was so big and mean! It was *after*
me! I didn't do anything, I was just sitting there!" Poor thing. Of
course, she immediately rushed to the kitchen to see if this traumatic
experience might get her a treat of some sort.

Jill

Old May 30th 05, 06:31 PM
Adrian

Awww. Poor Persia.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Cat walk insanity Dan and Nancy Mahoney Cat anecdotes 6 December 27th 04 11:00 PM
My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 12:13 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM