Do you have pics of your cats online??

Old June 22nd 03, 11:09 PM
Agua Girl

Default Do you have pics of your cats online??

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Apparently none of you are metaphysical and thinking too human. Do you

fear
that my theory might be true. I for one have a relationship with my cats

and
have found on many occasions when I try to pick up my cat Jade and kiss

her
on the head or hug her, she meows as if to state "oh come on daddy, not
again, I am an adult kitty here." I think you here need to think outside

the
lines and put away your human way of thinking and actually talk to your
cats.

I talk to my cat all the time, and she kind of talks back..in a non human
non verbal way. I can tell by body language what she is feeling but I
don't try and credit her with human feelings. Humiliation is a human
emotion. Think about it? Why do we feel humiliated? because when we
do something silly we are laughed at, we are ridiculed by our peers.
Unless you are dressing up your dog and taking him to doggy park
where he or she is likely to subjected to the kind of feelings your talking
about then there is no reason for him/her to ever feel humiliated about
dressing up. Not if you tell him how smart he looks. If a male child
grew up wearing a dress and no one ever made him feel embarrassed
by it, then he would never feel humiliation..wouldn't know he was supposed
to.
Not sure if I explained that very well. Point is, I don't have a problem
with cats thinking or feeling the way I do but you can't credit them
with learned emotions unless you teach them .

AG

Old June 23rd 03, 06:06 AM
Cat Protector

My cat Jade huffs when she dislikes something or if she feels that someone
has invaded her space enough. She does meow to let people know she wants
time to herself.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I inherited a cat that whiffles in disgust when I tell her not to do
something. She huffs out through her nose, just like we do through our

mouth
when frustrated or disgusted. It's very cute.

Karen

Old June 23rd 03, 07:00 AM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Once again you think too human. How is humiliation just a human feeling?

Humiliation is a learned emotion. Did you not read the whole
post? Humiliation is something we feel at the hands of
our peers. It's not a base or instinct feeling like hunger,
fear or love. So..unless you teach your cat to feel humiliated
by putting ears on it than pointing and laughing and then ignoring
him (like kids do to each other in school) he or she is not going
to experience that feeling just by wearing a costume. In fact,
we teach our pets pride when we tell them how beautiful they
are. That's why your cat walks around like it's all that and then
some, because you taught it pride. I bet the cat in the ears felt
more pride than anything cuz his slave probably told him how
great he looked.

AG

Old June 23rd 03, 09:07 AM
Cat Protector

I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It is
a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
t...

Old June 23rd 03, 03:19 PM
Agua Girl

I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It

is
a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.

Not really. Check it out, read some books on the human
psyche. We get positive reinforcement and it makes us
feel good, we get negative reinforcement and it makes us
feel bad. Those are the base emotions you are associating
with humiliation. Humans feel humiliated when someone
injures their pride..or gives them negative input in response
to something they did, said, wore etc. You can't feel
humiliated without the negative input..it's not a feeling you
just have. It's the old tree falling in a forest thing. If you
do something really stupid that would normally make you
feel humiliated..but no one else knows or will ever know...do
you still feel humiliated? of course not (unless you have self esteem
issues) because you didn't get negative in put in response. It's
learned. If your cat does something silly or gets dressed up in
bunny ears the only possible way he could feel anything negative
is for you to give him negative input.

Most emotions are learned responses based on input. They
all work off of base emotions but what triggers the emotion
and the response is "learned". We learn to be embarrassed
about certain things based on negative input when we do them,
we learn to feel pride about things based on positive input when
we achieve them.

AG

Old June 23rd 03, 03:37 PM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Once again. Typical human thinking.

Heh...boy you do think you're spock don't you.

I give up. Ignorance does not make you enlightened
but if you are happier living in your make believe world
than more power to you.

AG (reality based)