Goofballs with A Golf Ball :)

Old March 31st 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Goofballs with A Golf Ball :)

The neighbor's cats, Schwartzy & Fetters, are very well behaved kitties.
They never go up on the [golf course] green behind Mom's house unless the
neighbor is with them. No one golfs on Monday; it's maintenance day. So
she was out there with the kitties, planning to head up on green so they
could roll around on the shorter grass. But wait! Someone apparently left
a golf ball by the green. Oh boy! A round thing! They were pawing at it
curiously; hmm, it sort of rolls. The neighbor tossed it; two furry black
streaks chased after it. They spent a good ten minutes batting it around.
It was so cute to watch, even if neither one actually landed the ball in the
hole

Jill

Old March 31st 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
The neighbor's cats, Schwartzy & Fetters, are very well behaved kitties.
They never go up on the [golf course] green behind Mom's house unless the
neighbor is with them. No one golfs on Monday; it's maintenance day. So
she was out there with the kitties, planning to head up on green so they
could roll around on the shorter grass. But wait! Someone apparently
left a golf ball by the green. Oh boy! A round thing! They were pawing
at it curiously; hmm, it sort of rolls. The neighbor tossed it; two furry
black streaks chased after it. They spent a good ten minutes batting it
around. It was so cute to watch, even if neither one actually landed the
ball in the hole

Jill

Kitty golf is an entirely different game from hoomin golf. Peeple are so
goal-oriented. Kitty golf is just all about-- bat the ball around!!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 31st 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
The neighbor's cats, Schwartzy & Fetters, are very well behaved kitties.
They never go up on the [golf course] green behind Mom's house unless the
neighbor is with them. No one golfs on Monday; it's maintenance day. So
she was out there with the kitties, planning to head up on green so they
could roll around on the shorter grass. But wait! Someone apparently
left a golf ball by the green. Oh boy! A round thing! They were pawing
at it curiously; hmm, it sort of rolls. The neighbor tossed it; two furry
black streaks chased after it. They spent a good ten minutes batting it
around. It was so cute to watch, even if neither one actually landed the
ball in the hole

Jill

Any more word on when you'll be getting back home to Persia and Peaches or
getting Persia there (sorry if this was already covered, I've not had time
to catch up with much more than anything but sending needed purrs).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 31st 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Last year I picked up some practice golf balls at a tag sale. Some of the
balls are foam with a heavy center to add a little weight and some are
plastic with holes in them. My cats love them.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

*
*
*

Old March 31st 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
The neighbor's cats, Schwartzy & Fetters, are very well behaved
kitties. They never go up on the [golf course] green behind Mom's
house unless the neighbor is with them. No one golfs on Monday; it's
maintenance day. So she was out there with the kitties, planning to
head up on green so they could roll around on the shorter grass. But
wait! Someone apparently left a golf ball by the green. Oh boy! A
round thing! They were pawing at it curiously; hmm, it sort of
rolls. The neighbor tossed it; two furry black streaks chased after
it. They spent a good ten minutes batting it around. It was so cute
to watch, even if neither one actually landed the ball in the hole

Jill

That would make a cute video. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 31st 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Tentative Plans (WAS: Goofballs with A Golf Ball :) )

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'll probably make reservations tomorrow to return home at the end of April.
There's still a lot to be done. Plus Mom has a follow-up appointment
tomorrow and another one, different guy, on the 22nd. I'd like to make sure
she's doing as well as possible before I head home for a few weeks. But I
really need to book now before the fares jump.

Jill

Old March 31st 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Ann" wrote in
:

Last year I picked up some practice golf balls at a tag sale. Some of
the balls are foam with a heavy center to add a little weight and
some are plastic with holes in them. My cats love them.

the brothers, like their predecessor, lose balls under things in seconds.
I have a supply in the closet and throw them one every so often and _BAM_
it's gone. Silly kitties!

Andy [99 44/100% troll free]
Old March 31st 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

The neighbor's cats, Schwartzy & Fetters, are very well behaved
kitties. They never go up on the [golf course] green behind Mom's
house unless the neighbor is with them. No one golfs on Monday; it's
maintenance day. So she was out there with the kitties, planning to
head up on green so they could roll around on the shorter grass. But
wait! Someone apparently left a golf ball by the green. Oh boy! A
round thing! They were pawing at it curiously; hmm, it sort of
rolls. The neighbor tossed it; two furry black streaks chased after
it. They spent a good ten minutes batting it around. It was so cute
to watch, even if neither one actually landed the ball in the hole

How cute! Good subject line, too.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old April 1st 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"outsider" wrote in message
"Ann" wrote in
:

Last year I picked up some practice golf balls at a tag sale. Some of
the balls are foam with a heavy center to add a little weight and
some are plastic with holes in them. My cats love them.

the brothers, like their predecessor, lose balls under things in seconds.
I have a supply in the closet and throw them one every so often and _BAM_
it's gone. Silly kitties!

Andy [99 44/100% troll free]

That happens here. They get to play with balls when I move the sofa to
vacuum. Doesn't happen all that often.

They've got to where they will put them under things and then look at us
like we are supposed to fetch or something.

There is a hassock with a slip cover over it in front of the fireplace. Or
as the furkids seem to think, the eighteenth hole on the in house mini golf
course.

Jo

Old April 1st 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Are you bringing Persia back with you when you return to your mom's? I bet
when you get home she doesn't know whether to hug you are hiss at you! ;
I *know* you'll be ready to hug her after all this time. You're lucky she's
not Bandit(RB) - she would bite me one time for every night I was away from
her so I dared be no longer than a few days!

Hugs,

CatNipped