Kitten Update!

Old December 6th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Kitten Update!

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Lump is normal, crusty eyes are a pain in the ass, but normal. Try
using cotton balls with warm water. And of course the lysine.

Thanks! Her eyes are better, but she is sneezing her head off.
Reminds me of Scarlett when she was a tiny kitten. Don't freak out if
she starts to sneeze a little bit of blood. If she's sneezing that
much, small blood vessels can break.

I am really glad you told me that. That would have freaked me out. She
seems much better today, woke up with less crusty eyes and not sneezing
so much. So now she has even more energy. She is waging war with dust
motes now, leaping into the air and falling on her head every now and
then.

Perhaps the dust motes make her sneeze??? MLB

Oh, no. She got here with the usual case of Shelter Snots. The dust does
make me sneeze, though as I am allergic. I am not sure I have ever seen a
ray of sunshine w/o dust motes. You may be a better housekeeper than I.

Old December 7th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:13:58 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking that sunlight seems to cause
dust motes. They certainly disappear when the sun isn't shining in. I
hate the thought that all of that stuff is going inside me. I even
turned on the air cleaner over the weekend.
Old December 7th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I have large hepas all over. I should vacuum more often. I don't know about
the cat, but I am allergic to dust, mold--and cats. No kidding. I take
Gracie for allergy shots quarterly but I don't even get one. I take
Claritin. And suffer for love. Good thing I have had practice at that, haha!
I am really allergic to the new kitten.

Old December 7th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

That makes me wonder if using "kitty wipes" and a natural bristle brush
would help? As I said, I am wondering. I place a large, heavy bath
towel on my lap at brush time. I use a "slicker" brush on TuTu. Good
luck. MLB
Old December 7th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"MLB" wrote
That makes me wonder if using "kitty wipes" and a natural bristle brush
would help? As I said, I am wondering. I place a large, heavy bath towel
on my lap at brush time. I use a "slicker" brush on TuTu. Good luck.

Thank you, MLB ... I have been washing the kitten's eyes with warm water
twice a day and my husband gave her one bath. I am definitely more allergic
to her than to Gracie. But I asked my doctor if there was any danger in my
just taking Claritin and living with the itchy runny eyes and such, and he
said, "no, beyond the annoyance." I have asthma too, but it is well
controlled using Advair. My allergies are not severe. I would suffer more
not having cats. One thing that helps a lot--I keep the new baby out of my
room and my bed, and I wash my face a lot, splash cold water in my eyes. I
think I will get acclimated to her, I did to Boo, whom I was also very
allergic too. I sleep with Gracie every night and cuddle, too. Her dander
hardly bothers me.

Old December 7th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

cybercat wrote:
"MLB" wrote
[...]

I am very sympathetic with your allergy problem. My son was an allergic
child and it was a problem for years. The allergy doctor at that time
told me it took 20 years to outgrow an allergy. He is still allergic to
cats, certain foods and some laundry soaps. He has two Bouviers,
watches what he eats and does not stay long when he comes here. His
youngest son and both daughters seem to be chips off the old block.
IMHO civilization is the problem. I really wish we could find an way to
solve the problem. Best wishes. MLB
Old December 8th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I recommend an air purifier....They are especially good in the Wintertime,
when your house/apartment is closed off from outside air.....Both you and
the cats will benefit........

Old December 8th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Lump is normal, crusty eyes are a pain in the ass, but normal. Try
using cotton balls with warm water. And of course the lysine.

Thanks! Her eyes are better, but she is sneezing her head off.

Reminds me of Scarlett when she was a tiny kitten. Don't freak out if she
starts to sneeze a little bit of blood. If she's sneezing that much,
small blood vessels can break.

Our cats, both kill-shelter rescues, sneezed a little blood with their URI.
The older Zephyr doesn't sneeze any more but 10 wk old Phaedra still does -
maybe once or twice a day. It's been a month now. Their eyes would
occasionally water but never crusted. Zephyr gets spayed tomorrow morning.
We're as nervous as cats on a hot tin roof. :-( If anything happened to
her............

Old December 8th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"dgk" wrote in message
Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking that sunlight seems to cause
dust motes. They certainly disappear when the sun isn't shining in. I
hate the thought that all of that stuff is going inside me. I even
turned on the air cleaner over the weekend.

They're still there when the sun isn't shining on them making them visible.
Sun doesn't "cause" them. Living does. They're bits of fabric, skin cells,
harmless (unless you're allergic) dust mites etc.

Kitten update Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 7 August 21st 08 03:53 AM
kitten update Stormmee Cat anecdotes 5 December 31st 07 05:51 PM
Another Kitten Update Lady J USA Cat health & behaviour 3 January 7th 07 03:39 AM
Kitten Update Lady J USA Cat health & behaviour 9 December 28th 06 04:04 PM
Kitten update Marina Cat anecdotes 32 May 8th 04 10:44 AM