Renal failure?

Old November 26th 09, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Renal failure?

On Nov 21, 3:17*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
In searching around the web and looking at a cat memorial... the number of
cats dying of renal failure is shocking. Years ago when I worked in an
animal hospital in the city, this was a disease of old cats. Now I see
people losing much younger animals to this disease. *Anyone have any idea
why it's becoming so common?

Melomine in the Chinese wheat. That's what killed my cat 3 days after
her bloodwork showed normal kidney values. She was being retested for
anemia. She died shortly before the tainted pet food hit the news, so
we didn't know what happened at the time. It was just so sudden. Had
she not been sick already, it may not have killed her. Of course, had
she not been sick, I would not have been trying a variety of new foods
to get her to eat, several of which came up later on the tainted food
list. Her normal food did not have wheat gluten in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if any many cats who did not get sick, got
some limited amount of damage. And considering the lack of
repercussions, I would not be surprised if the wheat gluten is still
tainted, just at a lower level.

Old December 1st 09, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Nice Mean Man[_2_]

On Nov 21, 6:17*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
In searching around the web and looking at a cat memorial... the number of
cats dying of renal failure is shocking. Years ago when I worked in an
animal hospital in the city, this was a disease of old cats. Now I see
people losing much younger animals to this disease. *Anyone have any idea
why it's becoming so common?

That's because vet bills have gone up astronomically. What do you
think... that people just want to dump their beloved pets? I told
everyone when ‘pet health insurance’ first came along that this would
happen. Now the *******s are raping their clientele AND the insurance
companies to boot. Just like the dentists did. Same thing.
Next it’ll be a crime not to mortgage your home to get your pet
treated. You’ll be guilty of 2nd degree murder. As you should. I’ll
gladly pay more tax dollars to hire more police to do the
investigations. More judges and jails, too. No probleemo.

The Nice Mean Man
Old December 9th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

wrote in message
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~

And we can only guess what will happen in the future to those cats and dogs
who suffered minimal damage at the time. :-(

Old December 9th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"The Nice Mean Man" wrote in message
On Nov 21, 6:17 pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
In searching around the web and looking at a cat memorial... the number of
cats dying of renal failure is shocking. Years ago when I worked in an
animal hospital in the city, this was a disease of old cats. Now I see
people losing much younger animals to this disease. Anyone have any idea
why it's becoming so common?

That's because vet bills have gone up astronomically. What do you
think...

:: I think there's some reason renal failure is increasing and in younger
animals, vet costs aside.

that people just want to dump their beloved pets?

:: That thought never occurred to me. But now that you mention it, many
people are unemployed and perhaps can't afford vet bills for chronically
sick pets.

I told
everyone when ‘pet health insurance’ first came along that this would
happen. Now the *******s are raping their clientele AND the insurance
companies to boot.

:: When that happens the Ins Co's raise their rates.

Just like the dentists did. Same thing.
Next it’ll be a crime not to mortgage your home to get your pet
treated. You’ll be guilty of 2nd degree murder.

:: A few people on these groups feel people should do just that for a sick
pet. If you don't, they'll call you an idiot. Some feel any amount of debt
should be incurred for vet bills. Over my lifetime I have seen people go
into deep debt to save a pet. The outcomes were not good, causing a divorce
in one case - and the animal died a few months later.

As you should. I’ll
gladly pay more tax dollars to hire more police to do the
investigations. More judges and jails, too. No probleemo.

:: :-D

The Nice Mean Man