Cat with low level infection

Old February 10th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat with low level infection

My youngest cat (born in September 2002) was taken to the vet today
because she was licking herself a lot and had some whitish vaginal
discharge. I was afraid it might be pyometra, because she hasn't been
fixed but stays indoors (trust me, I know that was stupid - no need to
educate me). The vet said that it was a low level infection with no
signs of pyometra, but it may turn into that someday. She was given
the usual antibiotic pills, and she's scheduled to be spayed, but
unfortunately, the vet is backed up for a month, so it will take place
then.

Perry
Old February 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

the usual antibiotic pills, and she's scheduled to be spayed, but
unfortunately, the vet is backed up for a month, so it will take place
then.

Better late than never. You should be commended for getting it done. Some
people never do.

Kelcey

(Wow, it must have been hard trying to keep her inside when she went into
heat).

Old February 10th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:32:23 GMT, "Kelcey via CatKB.com" u18214@uwe
wrote:

the usual antibiotic pills, and she's scheduled to be spayed, but
unfortunately, the vet is backed up for a month, so it will take place
then.

Better late than never. You should be commended for getting it done. Some
people never do.

Kelcey

(Wow, it must have been hard trying to keep her inside when she went into
heat).

Curiously enough, she never tried to go outside, but she was born
outside and we brought her in when she was three months old. (Three
of our other cats also came in from outside, and share the same, er,
family history.)

Perry